Risky Business - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Risky Business Reviews

July 11, 2017
One of the best films I have every seen. It has lovable characters, a great plot, an amazing payout, so many memorable lines, and has Tom Cruise. What more could you ask for? Highly recommended
July 8, 2017
"Porsche-there is no substitute" has got to be one of the best movie lines ever! Good movie!
June 30, 2017
Fun, but not the best. Certainly a good start for Tom Cruise as he embarked on a long career, and a good rom-com as suggested from the start. Good acting from both main actors.
June 25, 2017
Can't believe I still haven't seen this.
½ June 15, 2017
When people are talking about films that made the 80s, they usually bring up this one. This film is truely one of the gems from the 80s. This film is about what films from the 80s were about, a teen's crazy adventure. The film is about Joel, Joel meets a beautiful call girl and falls for her. After Joel accidentally rolls his dad's porsche into a lake, Joel and his new lady friend choose to make a one night Brothel to get the money back. This film feels so 80s. The cast did a great job portraying their characters. Tom Cruise stole the show as Joel, the teen looking for love and some quick money. The film was never boring, the runtime was a good amount. The soundtrack had some excellent songs, songs from people like Hall and Oates and Phil Collins. The film was a very fun film. Overall, a fun gem from the 90's that had a great cast, a crazy premise, and an awesome soundtrack.

Rating: 9.1/10
June 8, 2017
One of Tommy's earliest and still one of his best. First starring role after showcasing his talent as support in The Outsiders and Taps. He shows budding star power hear giving us just a glimpse of wattage he will one day yield. Rebecca De is at her best here as well. Showing a vulnerability that is equal to her toughness as well as displaying that she is as much brains and she is beauty. And she is one hell of a beautiful woman. Supporting cast is fantastic as well, but it's these two whom shine far above the rest. Funny, dark and smart are the three best words to describe this 80s, no... Film Classic.
April 7, 2017
Hard to find the weaknesses.
April 3, 2017
Spectacular movie about a teenage boy who really wants to have a good time while his parents are away but realizes that it may ruin his entire future. The quintessential 80's movie. You can't get any better movie. One of my all time favorites. Back when Tom Cruise was actually making good movies.
½ March 2, 2017
Sometimes you just gotta say, "what the fuck!!"
½ March 1, 2017
Tom Cruise is a great lead but the premise is slightly bizarre and results in zero consequences.
February 3, 2017
Was a complete surprise and very enjoyable. The story is one of those tales that bring you back to your teenage years. Definitely a classic. 5:5
January 8, 2017
I do not see how this movie can be good. There was not much of plot and not much acting. It was not as funny and not as entertaining.
December 14, 2016
This movie is a perfect movie for what it is going for. The screenplay amd direction is astonishing. Alot of cliches and movies have tried to replicate this one and none of them are as good. The performances are really fresh and new. This movie has a feel and tone from it which steps it up a notch from other coming of age movies. A must watch. Oh and I almost forgot. The SOUNDTRACK is fabulous. It just resonated with me as I am also a teenager.
December 11, 2016
One of my favorite films because of not only how genuinely hilarious it is, but how smart it is when Joel questions capitalism. Do you want to help people or do you just want to make money?! That is the question going through Joel's head.
½ November 14, 2016
Tom Cruise is up to no good and gets into plenty of mischief. He also famously dances in his underwear. To me it was just another teen movie that feels like any other I've seen. It's overrated. (First and only full viewing - 3/26/2010)
½ November 14, 2016
i dont like it!
very very ordinary movie
November 6, 2016
The underwear dancing was the best part of the movie. Everything after the first five minutes was meh to horrible.
October 23, 2016
This is the movie that is arguably ranked as Tom Cruise's best. It mixes coming of ae with the dark overtones of adulthood and responsibility, with a great soundtrack.
October 5, 2016
What was up with Tom Cruse in the 80's acting in movies that feel like a bunch of episodes thrown together to make a movie? Anyways that doesn't affect this movie that much. A nice lil teen flick to watch. I just wished it started the main plot quickly and had a better resolve. All in all it's ok.
September 27, 2016
As much titillation as drama, this unusual coming of age film could just as well have starred John Travolta a few years earlier. With de Mornay in... top form as she schools the future top gun.