The Last of the Mohicans - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Last of the Mohicans Reviews

May 20, 2018
Story. Scenery. Action. Romance. Tragedy. Hope. Maybe DD Lewis's best work.
½ May 18, 2018
Among many Daniel Day-Lewis outstanding performances, this is definitely my favorite. Great film, great story, great music, great everything.
May 10, 2018
La prima parte del film mi è risultata pesante da digerire, con una narrazione difficile e non intuitiva, in cui la politica risulta essere l'unico centro della trama. Nella seconda parte il film comincia a riprendersi, grazie ad ottime interpretazioni e scene d'azione ben dirette. La straordinaria colonna sonora è ciò che mi ricorderò di più di questo film, emotivamente lontano e non del tutto convincente.
April 29, 2018
A totally great movie, the take on the classic is refresshing, and one of the 90´s absolute best movies. Daniel Day Lewis best role ever. The action is superb, the story interesting and tense. The sound fantastic and the music awesome, as is the photography. And Madeleine Stowe is stunningly beautiful.
April 27, 2018
watched so many times. It's perfect.
½ April 13, 2018
not the epic it tries to be, although its discernment on loyalty and friendship is moving.
March 26, 2018
An intense and epic masterpiece.
January 11, 2018
Great story, nice action set-pieces (even if they are incredibly hokey looking back at the effects 20+ years later) and good performances.
December 10, 2017
Great landscape shots and ongoing background music, not much of anything else really
½ November 24, 2017
The movie is a solid and entertaining one that definitely has an epic feel to it. I did find it to be a bit over the top at times though. Regardless of this the movie had great performances and felt authentic. It creates the world from this time in history well. I also really liked the score in the movie and it definitely heightened many moments in the movie. It gets a bit overdramatic in places, but as a whole, it is an enjoyable movie.
October 19, 2017
Easily One of the greatest movies of all time.
August 4, 2017
due for an imminent re-watch
½ August 3, 2017
I was disappointed that considering it's hype it was neither incredibly entertaining or beautiful, but it is definitely passable, and I would not be opposed to seeing it in the future.
July 23, 2017
The Last of the Mohicans is a film that takes its time to get the ball rolling, but there is no denying the action scenes and the acting is really good, especially by Daniel Day-Lewis of course. As I said, the film does plod around at times, I think this is mainly due to the fact that I didn't find all its characters interesting, even Day-Lewis seemed to have an underwritten character, despite his stellar work. The romance was interesting, but not as gripping as it should have been due to the amount of time spent on it. The film as has what I considered to be a rather abrupt ending. I probably sound harsh on the film, but in fact I did enjoy the heck out of it. The forest shots and the wide open battle scenes are gorgeous to behold, the action is also very well choreographed, which is almost a standard for Micheal Manns films. While I really dug the filming talent on display here, and enjoyed the overall story, and found the action to be spectacular, I did find this film surprisingly hollow in its characters at times, which was surprising for how much I heard about this film
July 12, 2017
I'm not too keen on the historical accuracy of this movie but I still love it so much. The elements of romance and action are all seamlessly put together and Daniel Day Lewis delivers a very compelling acting job (as usual).
May 22, 2017
One of the best movies of the 20th century!!!
April 17, 2017
One of my favourite films of all times . watched it about 100 times and still love it
½ April 16, 2017
Great entertainment; a sweeping, majestic, riveting film that works on every level: story, acting, pace, scenery, action, music.
March 30, 2017
I have never reviewed a movie but I'm compelled to say that this is a great movie....watch it!!!!
½ February 28, 2017
Gorgeous movie with forceful soundtrack and mind-blowing cinematography. The story itself is very interesting and it's nice to see an unconventional, for Hollywood, episode from history in a big movie.