Scent of a Woman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scent of a Woman Reviews

January 7, 2018
A cena do tango é marcante.
December 30, 2017
Excellent film, heartwarming and surprising.
½ December 18, 2017
Puntaje Original: 7.5

Una soberbia actuación de Al Pacino y una poderosa historia, que hace de Scent of a Woman un claro exponente de la última década del siglo XX.
½ November 27, 2017
I always heard that Pacino's Oscar win for this role was mostly a lifetime achievement award, but I actually think he's pretty incredible here, as are all of the performances (LITTLE BABY SEYMOUR HOFFMAN!). Otherwise, the movie is clichéd and corny. Other than a couple of effective moments (Thanksgiving dinner), this is mostly an abundantly false (gun-hotel scene) 90's drama that was just begging for (and getting) awards with every hoo-wah.
November 16, 2017
tha part of the speech of Al pacino is my favourite, it makes me cry each time I watch it...
October 14, 2017
Strap yourselves in for hilarious viewing in this Rain Man meets Dead Poets Society slap-stick comedy that mocks the disabled and reinforces the patriarchy by continually objectifying woman: portraying woman as a trophy that can be won if you pull the right moves. However the real kicker for me was that film culminates around the message that a different set of rules operates for 'the boys' where snitches lack honour and those who perpetuate a lie are rewarded, because what 'happens on the footy trip stays on the footy trip.'
June 18, 2017
Al pacino atua sem uma causa da qual valha a pena, o roteiro bizzaro apelativo confuso, deixa muitas duvidas no ar e não é claro com relação a suas intenções, o resultado final e de um filme longo, cansativo e pouco recompensador, no final fica a pergunta, então é só isso?
June 17, 2017
Pacino's Oscar came later than it should, but it was well earned and deserved.
½ June 8, 2017
Too long, especially with only two characters, but it still works. Pacino deserved every ounce of his Oscar for his amazing work. I love a redemption story.
June 8, 2017
AL pacino played legendary
April 13, 2017
One of the best movies I have ever seen. Emotional, tragic, powerful. Very strong performance from Al Pacino at his best.
Un des meilleurs films que j'ai jamais vus. Une performance magistrale d'Al Pacino.
March 19, 2017
a true masterpiece. words can't describe pacino's performance.
January 10, 2017
"Puerto Rican make the best infantry men"
January 3, 2017
This was a random find on Netflix. Very enjoyable, with a superb performance from Dustin Hoffman. No wonder this won him an Oscar, very well deserved.
½ November 8, 2016
Al Pacino izvrstan... Lep i poucan film
October 11, 2016
There are three things which get better with time: cheese, wine and this film. Watch it for Al Pacino and for love of all the great films from 90s !
½ September 19, 2016
I dont know i loved and hated al pacino's character who was equally a huge dick and scary as he was charming and stand up. How could that lady ask someone to watch her uncle and not inform them what was going on-what a biatch. She shouldnt have let some 18 year old or whatever he was watch him alone with that kind of attitude and mental instability. That kid i felt kept doing things for ppl he shouldnt have. He shouldnt have let frank talk to him or continue to threaten him. He also shouldnt have stood up for those pricks at his school who were brats to the principal. The acting in this movie was excellent and i did really like a lot of the script. Some scenes were not ok like frank threatening to kill charlie and himself with a gun, frank telling charlie he is fired and if charlie touches him he is dead, frank being rude and crass at his brothers house and choking someone, etc... I just had a problem with how the movie tries to excuse franks erratic lunatic behavior just bc he is blind and lonely and say its ok for charlie to be a doormat. Frank was violent and rude to charlie a lot. That being said prob al pacinos best performance.
September 8, 2016
Spectacular performances by the entire cast! Proof that Al Pacino is one of my favorite actors! Totally sold me on the idea that the loss of sight cannot hold you back from the pleasures of life! That dining room scene hooks me in every time! Very high recommendation!