Cool Runnings - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cool Runnings Reviews

October 8, 2016
cool movie i like it a lot
September 14, 2016
I thought the movie itself was really great, but the fact that so much of it was total fiction kind of ruined it for me.
½ August 23, 2016
Who doesn't want to cheer for the Jamaican bobsled team? One of the true, great, underdog sports stories that's loosely based on true events. Fun cast and fun to watch (and cheer). Rating: 7.5 / 10
August 21, 2016
Funny, heartwaming and inspiring, Cool runnings is one of the few sports movies that anyone can enjoy.
½ August 15, 2016
Charming, funny and unpretentious, the movie proves itself different than other sports films with its great performances and light tone. Anchored by John Candy in top form.
½ July 30, 2016
I loved this film very funny from start to finish, Based on the real Jamaican bobsled team, A great family film that's still funny today, It's one of those films I could watch all the time.
½ July 28, 2016
Cool Runnings is one of the best sports film that disney has ever made. Cool Runnings revolve around the first Jamaican Bobsled team to compete in the winter olympics and the struggles they went through in order to compete. I really enjoyed this movie because the film is hilarious but still manages to be inspirational, what I also really like about this film is that nothing is taken too seriously. The film also consists of a variety of hilarious/memorable characters and performances but to me John Candy gives a great performance as Irv Blitzer, and in my opinion this is his best film since Planes, Trains, and Automobiles (1987). Cool Runnings is a great film, though it has been said that a lot of the film was completely fictional it is still an instant classic in my book, if you ask me this is one of the best sports films Disney has crafted along with Remember the Titans (2000), The Rookie (2002), and Miracle (2004). For all you sports fans out their I totally recommend Cool Runnings for you, I promise you will not be disappointed.
July 17, 2016
The most charming movie I've seen in a long time.
½ June 2, 2016
I remember this was a big hit when it came out and I seem to recall enjoying it, but it hasn't aged well. This time around I found it very dated, formulaic, and just not funny. John Candy seems to be phoning in his performance, it was last film of his released before he passed. I love Candy and really wanted to enjoy it but it just didn't hold-up for me.
½ May 25, 2016
A different kind of sports film and it's amazing.
May 14, 2016
This movie had me cracking up.
½ April 5, 2016
The right balance between broad humor and poignant representation, Cool Runnings is the definition of the underdog sports story. The movie works because it has (no pun intended) much respect for the characters and the story.
½ March 15, 2016
No one has had this much fun in a sled since Santa Claus

A Jamaican sprinter is disappointed he didn't qualify for the Olympics. He talks to a political official and hears a tale of an old proposal for Jamaica to have a bobsled team. The sprinter thinks he knows just the guys to form a team and he tracks down the man who proposed the idea to begin with. The coach and teammates will have to overcome a host of obstacles if they hope to become Olympians.

"We're different. Everyone's afraid of something different."

Jon Turteltaub, director of The Kid, 3 Ninjas, National Treasure, Phenomenon, The Sorcerer's Apprentice, National Treasure: Book of Secrets, and Last Vegas, delivers Cool Runnings. The storyline for this picture is fairly straightforward but fun to watch unfold. The settings and characters are entertaining and the cast delivers solid performances.

"They hate me, they hate you, they hate us."

I came across this not too long ago on Showtime Anytime and decided to watch it again for the first time in a long time. This is definitely entertaining and worth a viewing but falls short of being a classic. There are some good lessons in here and some triumphant moments that make this worthwhile.

"Want to kiss my egg?"

Grade: B-
March 5, 2016
This film is simply hilarious. Some classic moments include when they name the sled and when they arrive at the airport. Funny throughout and the kind of film you can watch over and over and over again
½ February 25, 2016
It has so many meanings, and has a true inspiration about it
½ January 31, 2016
"Peace be the journey!" See this movie!
January 15, 2016
Very loosely based on true events, it was extremely corny and cheezy and silly, but cute and charming and fun and a 90's classic. John Candy was great as always.
January 7, 2016
Extremely funny family movie to watch and I would love to watch it again
½ January 1, 2016
one of the funniest sports pix
½ December 28, 2015
Cool Runnings may have hilarious interplay between its main characters, but its cheesy story makes it ultimately disappointing.