Casino - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Casino Reviews

½ April 6, 2017
To me Casino felt like a dragging rehashed messy version of goodfellas. First of all the story tells us the interesting story of the old dirty casino, but there's a catch its a 3 hour film about it. The film quickly loses interest to me in the first hour by its forced stress on its actors. The directing unfortunately is a mess... Having little motivation and very strict discipline on the production makes the film seem not fun at all. The film to me honestly, is pretty good.
March 18, 2017
Goodfellas, but in a Casino
March 17, 2017
I adore Casino pretty much the reason as I adore Goodfellas. The same method telling a true story of gangsters. Equally fabulous.
½ February 11, 2017
Yet another collaboration with de niro and scorsese, they still know how to put on a show. This 90s biographical gangster - corruption film will most likely have you on the edge of your seat with its unique and mysterious plot and its great performances by Robert de niro, Joe pesci and sharon stone
February 5, 2017
A very good Scorsese film that is long, but still entertaining. De Niro does a great job, Pesci does a funny job, and Stone does a wonderful job. The rest of the cast was really good, the plot is confusing at first, but then becomes understandable, and it has a pretty decent pace for a 3 hour long movie.

One of Scorsese's best films of all-time.
January 23, 2017
The only real problem with Casino is it was released way too soon after Goodfellas. It's very hard not to compare the two. Sadly this is why it's overlooked. Make no mistake though. Casino is incredible. Deniro and Pesci are in their typical Scorsese form. Sharon Stone steals every scene she's in. Jimmy Woods provides some good sleeze.
January 12, 2017
This film is often not talked about and forgotten about when talking about Scorsese films or gangster movies in general, and I believe that is because Goodfellas came just 5 years before this. This film is not Goodfellas but what movie is? This is another great gangster movie that is set in Las Vegas. De Niro and Pesci are amazing. I had never seen Sharon Stone before so it was a surprise to me at how good she is. But once again the true star here is Martin Scorsese just like in almost all of his movies. Marty knows how to control the camera and put it in all the right places at the right times with another great soundtrack. It is a little long but don't let that stop you from watching this amazing film. If it wasn't for Goodfellas this film would be known more than it is because it is just a step down from that. Overall a great watch.
½ December 30, 2016
Goodfellas 2: We Own a Big Building Now

It works really well as a companion to Goodfellas showing a slightly more corporate side of organized crime. With De Niro and Pesci picking up characters that are similar to their previous ones (but with quirks that still make the characters feel new and real) as well as a plot structure that feels a little bit played out at this point, the movie does lack some freshness. However the style and flow of the movie help smooth out those slight problems, even if it never elevates itself into the viscerally rewarding territory I usually hope to get from Scorsese.
½ December 26, 2016
One of Scorsesse's best films,with Stone bringing in a Oscar worthy performance to make this classic above the traditional crime drama.
December 9, 2016
Another solid film by Scorsese but doesn't offer anything that Goodfellas didn't already offer.
November 28, 2016
After a while, all Scorsese's films seem the same: 'bad guys' threaten less courageous other 'bad guys' with violence; some people get rich for a while until a couple of the main characters die. The end. The same shit every time. Gets old. And in Casino, the violence was a bit much; and watching the film in fast forward (x1.5) didn't make the film any more exciting or endurable. For a better Scorsese, see The Departed - more plot, less cliche.
November 23, 2016
Great film! Not as good as good fellas but still great. Strap yourself in though because it is a long film
November 14, 2016
I can't help comparing Casino to Goodfellas. Casino has the better cinematography, better pacing and storytelling, better characters, and arguably better acting.

For all that, though, I wouldn't recommend this movie. As with many Scorsese movies, it left with a sick feeling in the stomach.
October 7, 2016
a adequate look at what goes on behind the scenes of Las Vegas. Good use of violence and licensed songs, but the atmosphere is quite and the characters don't feel 3-dimensional and the success and story elements of this film is based on the earlier released Goodfellas.
September 17, 2016
"Casino" is a vibrant film, makes you sleep a wink in some scenes, and look at the clock in others, with a lot of pop soundtrack, rapid scenes, sequences plans, violence and great performances, "Casino" is a typical Martin film Scorsese. With a well-crafted script, the film follows the mafia movie tradition that we love, presentation of the characters, triumph thereof, presentation of the problem, the problem of growth, the total decay (partially in this case), the script, as I said, despite being cliché is very well crafted and comes to the game theme, not as seen in the Godfather (I972), the film is set really inside a casino showing the dichotomy between the gangster Sam (Robert de Niro) and Nicki (Joe Pesci), it's caveat to Joe Pesci performance that though practically identical to that of his character in "Goodfellas" gets to be better than the apathetic de Niro (although he has the excuse that his character is so), and sensational Sharon Stone doing one of his best performances, with soundtrack always present, very pop, it does not match what is shown on the screen, but it always fits the situation and is one of the highlights of the film along with the various plans sequences inside the casino that are wonderful and do get stuck in the chair, the stories in the third person are nice and show different points of view to every situation, the direction of the film is great, the art direction too, and brings inspirations of Scarface (I983) in assemblies scene. It's a very good movie, with problems of rhythm and little innovation in the script, but it worth their three hours, especially if you like the genre films.
revised Movie I8.09.20I6 NOTE: 8
September 17, 2016
If you have not seen this movie....How is that possible?
September 12, 2016
Another Martin Scorsese Classic
September 7, 2016
this must be the point Scorsese descended into self-parody and hackery. 3 hours of watching a snake eat its tail....but with costumes! really vapid.
August 29, 2016
Italian Mob Narration The Movie. That is the first thing that came to mind when watching this film is that about 75% of the film is Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci narrating it. Another thing that comes to mind is that it is extremely obvious that this film was directed by Martin Scorsese. This film hits all the trademarks like casting Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci, having a bunch of Italian mob gangsters all talking in New York accents, violence, narration, a femme fatale, a broken marriage and a greedy, power-hungry protagonist whose pride is their downfall. Although, even if it seems like I have seen all this before, it's still really good. It's not like watching Adam Sandler trademarks over and over, it's watching a master at his craft create another great film. After watching, I definitely want to go to Vegas now. The way Vegas is shot makes it look like a paradise even with all it's violence, sex, drugs and scandal. Also, this might be my favourite Robert De Niro performance. Sure, I haven't seen Taxi Driver or Raging Bull yet, but for some reason this was my favourite performance of his. Joe Pesci on the otherhand is one of the best swearing actors. He has this bulldog demeaner to him that makes his vulgar language just a treat to listen to. Sharon Stone, seemed like she could have been played by any actress but she has good (or bad depending on how you look at it) chemistry with Robert De Niro. Overall, if you like Scorsese, you're bound to like this one too.