Casino - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Casino Reviews

November 28, 2016
After a while, all Scorsese's films seem the same: 'bad guys' threaten less courageous other 'bad guys' with violence; some people get rich for a while until a couple of the main characters die. The end. The same shit every time. Gets old. And in Casino, the violence was a bit much; and watching the film in fast forward (x1.5) didn't make the film any more exciting or endurable. For a better Scorsese, see The Departed - more plot, less cliche.
November 23, 2016
Great film! Not as good as good fellas but still great. Strap yourself in though because it is a long film
November 14, 2016
I can't help comparing Casino to Goodfellas. Casino has the better cinematography, better pacing and storytelling, better characters, and arguably better acting.

For all that, though, I wouldn't recommend this movie. As with many Scorsese movies, it left with a sick feeling in the stomach.
October 7, 2016
a adequate look at what goes on behind the scenes of Las Vegas. Good use of violence and licensed songs, but the atmosphere is quite and the characters don't feel 3-dimensional and the success and story elements of this film is based on the earlier released Goodfellas.
September 17, 2016
"Casino" is a vibrant film, makes you sleep a wink in some scenes, and look at the clock in others, with a lot of pop soundtrack, rapid scenes, sequences plans, violence and great performances, "Casino" is a typical Martin film Scorsese. With a well-crafted script, the film follows the mafia movie tradition that we love, presentation of the characters, triumph thereof, presentation of the problem, the problem of growth, the total decay (partially in this case), the script, as I said, despite being cliché is very well crafted and comes to the game theme, not as seen in the Godfather (I972), the film is set really inside a casino showing the dichotomy between the gangster Sam (Robert de Niro) and Nicki (Joe Pesci), it's caveat to Joe Pesci performance that though practically identical to that of his character in "Goodfellas" gets to be better than the apathetic de Niro (although he has the excuse that his character is so), and sensational Sharon Stone doing one of his best performances, with soundtrack always present, very pop, it does not match what is shown on the screen, but it always fits the situation and is one of the highlights of the film along with the various plans sequences inside the casino that are wonderful and do get stuck in the chair, the stories in the third person are nice and show different points of view to every situation, the direction of the film is great, the art direction too, and brings inspirations of Scarface (I983) in assemblies scene. It's a very good movie, with problems of rhythm and little innovation in the script, but it worth their three hours, especially if you like the genre films.
revised Movie I8.09.20I6 NOTE: 8
September 17, 2016
If you have not seen this movie....How is that possible?
September 12, 2016
Another Martin Scorsese Classic
September 7, 2016
this must be the point Scorsese descended into self-parody and hackery. 3 hours of watching a snake eat its tail....but with costumes! really vapid.
August 29, 2016
Italian Mob Narration The Movie. That is the first thing that came to mind when watching this film is that about 75% of the film is Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci narrating it. Another thing that comes to mind is that it is extremely obvious that this film was directed by Martin Scorsese. This film hits all the trademarks like casting Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci, having a bunch of Italian mob gangsters all talking in New York accents, violence, narration, a femme fatale, a broken marriage and a greedy, power-hungry protagonist whose pride is their downfall. Although, even if it seems like I have seen all this before, it's still really good. It's not like watching Adam Sandler trademarks over and over, it's watching a master at his craft create another great film. After watching, I definitely want to go to Vegas now. The way Vegas is shot makes it look like a paradise even with all it's violence, sex, drugs and scandal. Also, this might be my favourite Robert De Niro performance. Sure, I haven't seen Taxi Driver or Raging Bull yet, but for some reason this was my favourite performance of his. Joe Pesci on the otherhand is one of the best swearing actors. He has this bulldog demeaner to him that makes his vulgar language just a treat to listen to. Sharon Stone, seemed like she could have been played by any actress but she has good (or bad depending on how you look at it) chemistry with Robert De Niro. Overall, if you like Scorsese, you're bound to like this one too.
½ August 24, 2016
Disturbing, riveting.
August 23, 2016
One of the all time greats. Classic and awesome. They don't make them like this anymore
August 22, 2016
Martin Scorsese with another brilliantly directed film as well as a powerhouse performance from Sharon Stone.
½ August 18, 2016
Another excellent mob story from Scorsese. Great story, great performances, great direction.
August 17, 2016
I understand that this is supposed to be one of those epic gangster films and while I appreciated the acting and the film'svisual sophistication, I also felt frustrated by the repetitiveness of it all. Materialism can't buy love, blah, blah, blah. Characters were all irritatingly unsympathetic to the point of exhausting and at almost three hours in length, I felt every bloody minute of it.
August 4, 2016
Quase comparável ao Goodfellas...
July 11, 2016
I love the older gangster movies, in particular Goodfellas and Heat, and now I can add this one to the list of the ones I love. It's very similar in feel to that of Goodfellas, with the narrative, filming style, age, actors and namely the attitudes of each actor. Joe Pesci plays the same short tempered badass who will shed no tears or waste a minute on someone who he thinks is outta line, and beat them to a pulp. De Niro is the same quiet and very kind, yet ruthless head of a small band of friends within a much larger operation. It's a great story, and that is the highlight of the movie. It gives a good impression of the lives of real gangsters, and is a compelling and intense story throughout, and strays from being stuck just inside of the Casino which is its namesake. The acting is of course top notch and impressive, which in the end makes the film, along with the story, script, and narrative. The action is more of story and brutal killings or tortures, which are portrayed well, although when someone is shot it is a bit lacking of bullet effects, unlike the other movies mention all above. Overall great movie, does take a third place behind Heat and Goodfellas for its genre, but it's a high ranking list only for the best.
June 22, 2016
Classic classic classic "gangster/mafia" film. This cast is perfectly assembled. DeNiro, Stone, and Pesci play their parts perfectly. The script, taken from the screenwriter's book, is amazing and illustrates perfectly the cut-throat business of mafia infiltration into Las Vegas casinos. This movie is one of the best films Scorsese has done and if you love mafia films, you have to add this one to your collection.
June 18, 2016
Awesome movie! Interesting plot, and a classic!
June 14, 2016
Another classic Scorsese film with flawless performances by De Niro, Pesci & Stone.
June 9, 2016
classic lit gangster film. joe and rob are too cool