Curious George - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Curious George Reviews

½ December 6, 2016
Uniquely great story with beautiful bright animation and memorable characters, enough to be the best adaptation to it's original source material.
September 5, 2016
To bad it turned into a crazy stupid tv show.
Good movie though.
September 3, 2016
I love curious George as a kid.
August 28, 2016
Fun for kids to see and to watch
½ August 21, 2016
Cute and nice 2D animation. The monkey in Africa is a cute and curious one but often get into some sort of troubles. Ted (Will Ferrell) likes his job in the museum own by Bloomsberry (Dick Van Dyke) but his son Junior (David Cross) want to turn it into a carpark when the museum is not making money. Bloomsberry wanted to go to the jungle to get a special artifact to showcase and Ted slip of mouth volunteer. Junior tear a page from the map book to mislead Ted. Ted go on the adventure and play with the monkey. He found the artifact but it is very small. Bloomsberry see the picture and thought it is huge. The monkey take the hat and follow Ted to the ship and back to the city. The monkey found Ted and sneak into his apartment. It is not allow pets and Ted was evicted. Bloomsberry has made a big advertising for the upcoming showcase and Ted still haven't tell him. Junior overheard him saying and purposely invite the media to make a hoo-ha. The monkey is name George when the kids pester Ted of its name. With luck, George play with glass orb and projector and Ted find out he can use it to project the artifact into big size. Junior foil the plan by pouring coffee into the machine and let George drink it. The machine explode and Ted didn't save George when the animal control catch it away. Ted miss George immediately and his friend/love interest Maggie (Drew Barrymore) tell him to go after. In the ship, Ted save George out of the cage and sheer luck the sunlight shine the artifact which show a map to find the real huge statue. Ted and George save the museum and also update it with more fun things to do. Junior end up as the valet and Bloomsberry praise him job well done which he is happy for. George goes after a balloon and then go inside a rocket and Ted quickly follow in for their next adventure.
July 16, 2016
This movie is epic and is really good for both children and adults. The opening song is so awesome and memorable
½ July 6, 2016
When this movie was first released, I wasn't that crazy about it. However, I saw it again, and never realized Ron Howard was involved as a producer. Curious George is the kind of movie that shows traditional, old-fashioned animation with a quarter portion of CGI use. It puts a smile on your face. There were some flawed moments, but what it makes up for is its ability to make the viewers watching this flick smile. It's a great animated picture with some flawed moments, but it's a movie you may never forget.
June 30, 2016
not even fun for kids.
June 27, 2016
Curious George is heartwarming and hilarious. This movie is based on the Curious George books. The movie has a great plot and great animation. This movie also has the amazing voice talents of many brilliant actors and actresses. I would very much suggest this movie.
½ April 23, 2016
It was my favorite movie... When I was 2
March 4, 2016
A decent cartoon film.
½ February 4, 2016
Curious George is a very happy film. It is filled with sunshiny joy of the big city, accompanied by catchy music by Jack Johnson that adds to a nice mood. Curious George is unexpectedly a modern animated classic.
The Man in the Yellow Hat (in the film, named Ted) searches for a 40 ft. tall relic to keep the museum he works at in business. He befriends a mischievious monkey along the way, albeit disappointed by the relic he does find. Ted must deal with the adventurous, trouble making monkey named George while he tries to find a way to explain the issues about the now much hyped about relic.
Curious George, like I said, has a distinct and unexpected tone to it. It's been a long time since I read the books and it's foggy to me if the film matched up well to the book, but I originally expected a weak plot full of slapstick gags and an hour and a half wasted. It does have its fair share of mischievious George moments with gags, but it has a nicely done plot for a kids film, although overused. It doesn't focus as much on Curious George than it does on The Man in the Yellow Hat, and the film tends to delve a bit too deep into that character's career issues than potential to please younger audiences with the troublemaking monkey. I'm glad they didn't overuse the gags, because Curious George is unexpectedly great. It has a modern feel to it and made me very happy and pleased by its end. The success of the film led to a popular TV series which I've never watched, but I can see why it got so popular. Curious George works and isn't in it solely for the excuse of finally making another kids book adaptation, it's impressive and filled with bubbly joy. Excellent film.
October 19, 2015
Clever plot line's and cute animation help this adorable monkey to the screen. Review by Logan Cornn.
½ October 4, 2015
A cute movie based of a great series of children's books that kids and hopefully parents alike will live. This move also has one of the best Jack Johnson songs in it so props for that.
August 9, 2015
Too cute and adorable.
August 6, 2015
i remember watching this movie on dvd all the time when i was little its kinda like an good disney animated movie like lion king its a good movie for any one
July 2, 2015
That is a lot of yellow for one man.

Ted works in a museum that is about to close and go out of business. The owner of the museum listens to a crazy idea from Ted to find a missing amulet of sorts that has mystical powers. It is rumored to reside deep in the African jungle so the owner sends Ted to retrieve it. Ted encounters a curious monkey on this trip that will change his life forever.

"Your monkey shows real talent."

Matthew O'Callaghan, director of Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas and Open Season 2, delivers Curious George. The storyline for this picture is interesting and fun to watch unfold. My daughter loved how George was portrayed and the animation style was first rate. The voices were well selected and include Will Ferrell, Drew Barrymore, and Eugene Levy.

"I unroll in advance. Helps if you're in a hurry."

They recently added all three Curious George movies to the Netflix online kid's choices. My daughter enjoyed this from beginning to end. There were some well done sequences that were funny and entertaining, but this is far from a classic or must have for your DVD collection. This is worth a viewing with your children and we will watch all three in the series.

"Knee, forehead combo."