Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs Reviews

½ October 4, 2016
Might be creative, but the animation can suck it.
½ September 25, 2016
Watching this movie makes me hungry, such is the effectiveness of how tasty the food looks. Funny script and likable characters (bar the man in the nappy). Top notch fun.
September 18, 2016
Terrible.. just terrible
September 17, 2016
Such a surprising animated feature that really made me taste the care for these goofy characters and the good story.
September 10, 2016
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is a full serving of fun, imagination, and hilarity! Oodles of laughs for all ages right from the opening credits to the concluding flying rat-birds. If you ever wondered what a bizzaro animated comedy voiced by Bill Hader, Mr. T, Andy Samberg, Bruce Campbell, and Neil Patrick Harris, involving giant hot dogs, life-threatening peanut brittle, and a monkey named Steve would be like - then this is the movie for you!
½ September 3, 2016
What a great animation film, Sony pictures animation have delivered some good animation films with touching moments and feelings. This moviebbrings good messages that even a little kid will understand. Great film to watch with the entire family.... As that being said fir this being one great animation film and delivering what everyone was expecting, I give " Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs " a B-.
½ September 2, 2016
A Certainly Delicious Movie
½ August 11, 2016
Cartoony, typical, and possibly more for the kids, but overall it still turns out to be another animated film with an interesting idea and a catchy animated environment created by Sony Pictures Animation. Overall, I would consider that the whole visual "food" theme is what saved this film most. Not to also mention the interesting cast selection and its book-based plot.
August 9, 2016
I recommend people to watch this
August 2, 2016
A young, oddball inventor solves his ocean city's sardine surfeit by masterminding a machine that precipitates any kind of food, only to fall victim to arrogance, greed, and gluttony. Chockful of groanworthy food puns, sweet familial understanding, and well-intentioned lessons about being yourself and following your dreams.
½ July 29, 2016
It is much more acceptable than the dull, monotonous children's book it was based on, but after all since this is based on such a boring children's book, it still disappoints in character graphics and plot development.
June 28, 2016
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is hilarious and clever. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is based off the book. This movie is brilliant and so is the plot. I would suggest this movie.
½ June 19, 2016
This is a fun little concept of a movie that is played out quite well considering the oddball subject matter. It's fun, imaginative, and full of food. While it might make you hungry, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Some people might find the moral message (that thing present in most films geared towards kids) a bit ham handed, I didn't mind it. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is far from perfect but how often is a weather forcast perfect? At least this one you can eat... if you were in the movie.
June 10, 2016
Innocently funny and unexpectedly inventive, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs turns a short children's book into a completely fleshed-out story despite the lackluster source material; its animation may not be groundbreaking, but its comedic creativity is thoroughly enjoyable.
May 30, 2016
Just f***ing no this movie is trash in every way possible
May 28, 2016
Visually stunning, funny, and has a good enough story for the audience.
½ May 26, 2016
Adequately funny with touches of romcom and the ever reliable visual fullness (pun intended) of animation.
May 26, 2016
A Wacky ADHD kids flick.
½ May 23, 2016
I enjoy this movie far more than I probably should. It's one of the few animated movies that has a lot of current pop culture nods while not being overly in your face about it - a balance that most other animated features never reach.
½ May 19, 2016
CWACOM squanders its animation with a dumb premise, cut-out dumb characters, familiar plot points and an unoriginal story.