Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs Reviews

½ January 21, 2018
Really Good. I Remember reading the book as a kid.
½ December 27, 2017
Once you get over the generic, subpar animation, you are surprised by how funny the film is at times.
December 21, 2017
Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs is possibly the best Sony Pictures Animation movie to ever be produced. Sure it doesn't stay that much true to the source material book adaptation. But The movie makes it up for its fun and enjoyable execution that delivers creative writing with an inventive script, really funny comedy, clever gags and great plucky characters. On top of that, it also offers one of the best Pete Oswald's unique and cartoony art style of Animation that works very well in CGI, with fluent movement and fast-paced slapstick; it fits the silly and goofy premise of the movie. I loved this movie! Definitely 5 out of 5 stars!
½ December 7, 2017
Is everyone stupid? This was a pure waste of my life. Cliches, terrible lines, and somehow make interesting scenery boring.
December 3, 2017
Funny, charming, & full of passion!
November 7, 2017
The only thing I hated was the character animation
November 4, 2017
It's wholesome, it's hilarious, and it has the kind of infinite kinetic energy that allows it to get away with shorting its messages, emotion, and irreversible collateral damage. In a year where family fare is leaning more and more towards adults, it's refreshing to see a movie that every single member of the family can enjoy.
½ November 4, 2017
This picture book adaptation proves that good writing, solid casting, spectacular visuals & freely expressive animation can turn a quirky idea into a frequently hilarious family comedy that is lovable for any age.
October 14, 2017
A genuinely funny kid's outing that will appeal to adults and children alike. Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs' most valuable asset is it's story, although it still feels recycled in some ways. (4/5)
September 12, 2017
A cute odd movie with good characters. A great fun movie to watch. Not exactly memorable in any way tho. I remember seeing it in the cinemas. Never thought about it till now. And now that I rewatched it I won't think of it ever again.
June 12, 2017
Not counting Surf's Up, Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs is possibly my favorite film from Sony Pictures Animation. It delivers creative writing with an inventive script, really funny comedy, colorful animation, and great characters.
June 10, 2017
This bears little resemblance to the book it is based on besides the title. It has its moments, but it didn't really hold my interest.
May 31, 2017
It's predictable but fun and makes me hungry. Which makes Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs a moderate success.
May 25, 2017
Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs is a bad effort by SPA, with a weak story, cheap visuals and terrible characters.
This is definitely not a film i can stomach, and that's why it gets the Burning Medallion Of Badness.
I just want to read the book now.
Story:5|10
Animation:4|10
Characters:3|10
Overall:4|10.
April 14, 2017
The book is now a movie
½ April 8, 2017
Cloudy with a chance of meatballs is a very overrated poorly executed cartoon; not animated feature.
½ March 30, 2017
when this movie was first released I didn't wanna go see it, but when I got it on DVD I loved it with all my heart..
March 15, 2017
A wonder. So this is about an inventor by the name of Flint Lockwood (Bill Hader). He creates a machine that has the ability to turn water in to food. When it accidentally gets shot into the stratosphere, it starts raining different delicious foods down on a town that only produces sardines, but is this really a good thing? I've already known this for eight years now, but this is actually my favorite animated movie of all time, and with good reason. It is unexpected, lightening fast paced, and it is laugh-until-you cry hilarious. Even upon multiple viewings, it still makes me laugh out loud raucously; multiple viewings for an animated movie is normal if it is quality, but when you can get a comedy where the jokes still hit the second and third time around, that's impressive, because so much of comedy relies on the element of surprise. Now if you haven't seen this, I know what you're probably thinking: "But John, this is a 30 page children's book, how could this possibly make for a worthwhile animated feature?" Those who have seen this, however, already know what's up. This is created by geniuses Phil Lord and Chris Miller, who just flat out understand the anatomy of comedy. It would be one thing if this had a ratio of 8 to 10 jokes that work. Everybody would still be happy with this, and nobody would even complain. But that's not good enough for them. While there are a couple of gross out moments when dealing with gigantic food as to be expected, every single joke has a punch line that hits. From Neil Patrick Harris as the voice of Steve, the primate with a monkey thought translator who only speaks in single word sentences to Mr. T as the town cop who frequently butts heads with our protagonist, every single one of these characters are vibrant and have a lot of personality injected to a very short amount of time. When you chop off the end credits, this is really only about eighty minutes long, and I truly envy you if you get to watch this for your first time. To highlight how much I back this movie, my final paper/presentation for a college film class I took was about this paper, and I also created Flint's invention, the FLDSMDFR for a stage prop class (it just looked the look, it didn't actually turn water into food). If you can't tell already, I 100% love this zany animated movie, and I have watched it more times than I can count. It's not even taking a chance on it, you just need to take the time to watch it; every single person I have shared this with has thanked me for doing so. I hold this film dear to my heart, and I think that you will too.
February 15, 2017
More clever than one would have guessed and filled with a talented voice cast, the film is quite enjoyable and very laughter inducing.
February 11, 2017
I have watched it on the movies with my students , and we liked it a lot