Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs Reviews

June 12, 2017
Not counting Surf's Up, Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs is possibly my favorite film from Sony Pictures Animation. It delivers creative writing with an inventive script, really funny comedy, colorful animation, and great characters.
June 10, 2017
This bears little resemblance to the book it is based on besides the title. It has its moments, but it didn't really hold my interest.
May 31, 2017
It's predictable but fun and makes me hungry. Which makes Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs a moderate success.
May 25, 2017
Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs is a bad effort by SPA, with a weak story, cheap visuals and terrible characters.
This is definitely not a film i can stomach, and that's why it gets the Burning Medallion Of Badness.
I just want to read the book now.
Story:5|10
Animation:4|10
Characters:3|10
Overall:4|10.
½ April 24, 2017
Might be creative, but the animation can suck it!
April 14, 2017
The book is now a movie
April 13, 2017
A cute odd quirky movie with good characters. A great fun movie to watch. Not exactly memorable in any way tho. I remember seeing it in the cinemas. Never thought about it till now. And now that I rewatched it I won't think of it ever again.
½ April 8, 2017
Cloudy with a chance of meatballs is a very overrated poorly executed cartoon; not animated feature.
½ March 30, 2017
when this movie was first released I didn't wanna go see it, but when I got it on DVD I loved it with all my heart..
March 15, 2017
A wonder. So this is about an inventor by the name of Flint Lockwood (Bill Hader). He creates a machine that has the ability to turn water in to food. When it accidentally gets shot into the stratosphere, it starts raining different delicious foods down on a town that only produces sardines, but is this really a good thing? I've already known this for eight years now, but this is actually my favorite animated movie of all time, and with good reason. It is unexpected, lightening fast paced, and it is laugh-until-you cry hilarious. Even upon multiple viewings, it still makes me laugh out loud raucously; multiple viewings for an animated movie is normal if it is quality, but when you can get a comedy where the jokes still hit the second and third time around, that's impressive, because so much of comedy relies on the element of surprise. Now if you haven't seen this, I know what you're probably thinking: "But John, this is a 30 page children's book, how could this possibly make for a worthwhile animated feature?" Those who have seen this, however, already know what's up. This is created by geniuses Phil Lord and Chris Miller, who just flat out understand the anatomy of comedy. It would be one thing if this had a ratio of 8 to 10 jokes that work. Everybody would still be happy with this, and nobody would even complain. But that's not good enough for them. While there are a couple of gross out moments when dealing with gigantic food as to be expected, every single joke has a punch line that hits. From Neil Patrick Harris as the voice of Steve, the primate with a monkey thought translator who only speaks in single word sentences to Mr. T as the town cop who frequently butts heads with our protagonist, every single one of these characters are vibrant and have a lot of personality injected to a very short amount of time. When you chop off the end credits, this is really only about eighty minutes long, and I truly envy you if you get to watch this for your first time. To highlight how much I back this movie, my final paper/presentation for a college film class I took was about this paper, and I also created Flint's invention, the FLDSMDFR for a stage prop class (it just looked the look, it didn't actually turn water into food). If you can't tell already, I 100% love this zany animated movie, and I have watched it more times than I can count. It's not even taking a chance on it, you just need to take the time to watch it; every single person I have shared this with has thanked me for doing so. I hold this film dear to my heart, and I think that you will too.
February 15, 2017
More clever than one would have guessed and filled with a talented voice cast, the film is quite enjoyable and very laughter inducing.
February 11, 2017
I have watched it on the movies with my students , and we liked it a lot
January 5, 2017
The best animated movie that ever tried to make me hungry in a theater.
½ December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
December 25, 2016
The story and the characters are pretty tropey and the animation style is way too cartoonish for computer animation, but the movie does most certainly have its moments. Nowhere near as bad as one particular animation critic made it out to be.
December 22, 2016
Even though it had a lame plot, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs has at least has good animation and nice creativity within it's jokes and execution.
½ December 22, 2016
This was way better than I thought it was going to be. Definitely worth a watch.
December 19, 2016
Incredibly humorous and funny. amazing characters and jokes not to end up one of the funniest films in history, which can be seen in some places the teasing of some catastrophic scenes to Rloand Emmerich
½ November 17, 2016
Those looking for a faithful adaptation may be slightly disappointed but Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs' visually stunning animation, talented voice cast, plenty of creativity from Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, humour, memorable characters and a third act which serves as the equivalent of an action/thriller movie with elements of science-fiction and peril related to weather successfully allow the film to be a winner in its own right.
½ September 25, 2016
Watching this movie makes me hungry, such is the effectiveness of how tasty the food looks. Funny script and likable characters (bar the man in the nappy). Top notch fun.