27 Dresses Reviews

• Mar 22, 2019

1.STORY This is a retelling of idea â~knight in shining armourâ(TM). Our lead actress is idealistic, kind-hearted, live her life for others and whatever. The lead actor doesnâ(TM)t believe in love while covering weddings in a US magazine. And you get the gist of movie. These 2 meet, have some fights, have differences in opinions and finally they fall in love. Characters are mainly one dimensional thus you canâ(TM)t relate to them 1.0/2 2. DIRECTION ITâ(TM)S NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT. 1.0/2 3. ACTING KATHERINE HEIGL LOOKS PRETTY EFFORTLESSLY [IT WORKS AGAINST HER AS SHE IS SHOWN THAT SHE HAS AN INFERIORITY COMPLEX TO HER SISTER IN PHYSICAL APPEARANCE] AND THE LEAD ACTOR IS QUITE HANDSOME AND HAS A GREAT SMILE. THERE IS NOT ENOUGH CHEMISTRY BETWEEN THE LEAD ACTORS AND EVEN THE FINAL SPEECH DOESNâ(TM)T EVOKE ANY PARTICULAR EMOTION. JUDY GREER [AS HEIGLâ(TM)S BEST FRIEND] IS GOOD AND PLAYS THE PART WITH A GOOD SENSE OF HUMOUR. MALIN AKERMAN [TESS] HAS A VERY ONE-DIMENSIONAL CHARACTER WHERE SHE IS SHOWN AS A GOLD-DIGGER APART FROM THE LAST MONOLOGUE SHE SHARE WITH HER SISTER. NO OTHER SUPPORTING CAST HAS ANY SIGNIFICANT ROLE 1.0/2 4. MUSIC 1.0/2 5. ENTERTAINMENT 1.0/2

• Feb 26, 2019

The performance of James Marsden is probably the highlight in this. A few laughs here and there don’t make up for the predictable script.

• Jan 06, 2019

This movie is truly one that I can watch overband over again. It's has the perfect amount of cheesey romance, to heart felt lines that make your heart melt. This movie is everything and more you want in one romantic movie.

• Aug 09, 2018

27 dresses is such a good movie. I love Katherine Heigl and James! Rewatch this movie again using boxxy software

• Apr 25, 2018

27 Dresses is a romantic comedy that was first released on January 10, 2008 in Australia before it reached American theaters on January 18. Katherine Heigl stars as Jane Nichols and Anne Fletcher directs this quirky comedy in which Jane is a hard-working wedding planner that is altruistically always a bridesmaid, and never a bride. This movie is comparable to The Devil Wears Prada, a movie with a similar relatable main character whom the audience watches fumbling through love and trying to balance it with her career. 27 Dresses has a sub-genre of feminism in that Jane is seen sacrificing her own desires for her sister (Malin Akerman) who steals the man Jane is in love with. As mentioned earlier, Jane is a hard-working woman who puts her job and family first while not swooning to the beautiful man who is actively pursuing her. The script is teeming with witty comebacks and the awkward yet relatable moments classic to any romantic comedy. It is relatable to most women who feel that they are consistently expected to put other's needs before their own while also attempting to be successful in the workplace. The cinematography was conducted by Peter James who has worked on many similar movies which are similar genres. With the interactions between the actors being the main focus and not the art of the film itself, Peter James does well to use primarily wide shots and simple filming to convey a positive mood to the film. With an initial rating on Rotten Tomatoes of 41%, the movie tends to polarize viewers. Although the script, cinematography, and soundtrack, all follow the basic romantic comedy formula and do not break any rules, the performance of actors and provocative scenes make the movie a favorite for many viewers. What sets 27 Dresses apart from other romantic comedies are the memorable scenes that most women and girls would dream of having with their prospective other. The initial tension and disagreements between Jane and Kevin and the moments that bring them together are alluring, hilarious and idealistically relatable. I would highly recommend this movie if you are a girl looking for an easy watch with attractive actors and heartwarming moments.

• Feb 05, 2018

A mediocre rom-com with few redeeming qualities. The character conflicts feel forced and character actions seem difficult to believe. A disappointment all around.

• Jan 02, 2018

This movie is one of the most cliché movies ever made, but for some reason I still like it.

• Sep 04, 2017

It sucks, but I love it.

It sucks, but I love it.

• Aug 22, 2017

This movie wasn't well received by the critics, but I thought it had a bit of charm to it. Katherine Heigl isn't my favorite actress, but she did manage to make me laugh quite a few times during this movie. I do think that this movie was a bit longer than it needed to be, and there are a few dry moments. Overall, I think it is worth one date night viewing.

• Jun 20, 2017

You're all a bunch of haters!! This was a cute chick flick with a cute ending! Loved it!!