30 Miles from Nowhere Reviews

• Jul 22, 2019

I get that cerebral films are not for everyone and this movie is not without flaws., but it was a great ride and I really enjoyed delving into the social commentary of how far people will go for revenge. If cerebral is your thing, you'll probably get a kick out of this film.

• Jul 16, 2019

I was trolling Amazon for my Monday night horror movie watching, and I came across 30 Miles from Nowhere. What drew me in was that the movie takes place in Wisconsin (although a lot of it is filmed in Illinois). I am not always the best with remembering actor's real names (better at remembering their character names), so when Rob Benedict came into frame, I was super excited because I enjoy his character Chuck/God in Supernatural. I also thought Carrie Preston looked familiar, so after the movie I googled her, and realized it was from the season and a half that I watched of True Blood. Really enjoyed the Sookie Stackhouse book series by Charlaine Harris, but didn't get into the TV show as much. Anyway, back to the movie. When Larry and Elaine walk into the bar at the beginning, the entrance looks a lot like the barrel entrance to the Hilltop Pub in Wisconsin, so I thought that was fun. But I don't think it was that place because the rest of the bar didn't look the same. Anyone out there who watches this, and knows for sure, leave a message in the comments. This had elements of a teenage slasher flick, but done with older people. Something I don't see a lot of, so that was a nice change. The acting itself was done very well, compared to most of the B horror movies I've seen, and quite a few Indies. For those two things alone, I would recommend this movie. I also liked that for most of the movie, the characters knew something weird was going on. At first, they didn't want to believe the new girlfriend, but that quickly changed. All the weird things that began taking place; violent sounds coming from the basement, people peeking in windows, blood flowing from the drains, etc… added a nice touch of, What the F#ck is happening. The ending added a refreshing note to something that has been done before. I would say watch this one with a group of friends, and afterwards remember the ones who said, "I would never do that."

• Apr 08, 2019

Entertaining. Definitely some foreshadowing but I didn't expect the twist at the end.

• Mar 31, 2019

Sooo many plotholes and the ending is very stupid. It turns it around on the victim, but not in a way that actually explains what lesson we are supposed to learn? Also relies on jump scares.

• Mar 29, 2019

More thriller than horror I would say, but full of suspense and fun.

More thriller than horror I would say, but full of suspense and fun.

• Mar 25, 2019

Suspenseful with an interesting twist at the end.

Suspenseful with an interesting twist at the end.

• Mar 19, 2019

What a fun movie! I'm not totally into horror but I love Carrie Preston and really wanted to check this out. She was so creepy awesome. The friends were behaving not so great, but this was my sense of humor and I really enjoyed it.

• Mar 18, 2019

totally a solid B/B+ thriller -- character-driven, funny, not super gory or violent. We liked it.

• Mar 17, 2019

I would've loved it more if it was just another haunted cabin - classic horror movie. I enjoyed the twist at the end but that was it. I didn't like the characters or the plot much. Instantly forgettable.

• Mar 08, 2019

Total garbage. A haunted camping trip funeral with a useless spin at the end.

Total garbage. A haunted camping trip funeral with a useless spin at the end.