500 Days of Summer Reviews

• Nov 24, 2019

A masterpiece in non-linear storytelling. I hesitate to call it a romantic comedy because it actually inadvertently pokes fun at the genre. With a budget of only $7.5mil, it puts to shame movies with 10x the budget. Lastly, any movie critic that gave this movie less than two stars should probably be working at a fast food restaurant asking, "Would you like fries with that?" instead of writing movie reviews.

• Oct 07, 2019

Joseph Gordon-Levitt masterfully delves into the intricacies of a complicated relationship in a film where the protagonists are simultaneously insufferable and lovable. Although many viewers will finish the movie with the wrong idea about the main protagonist, this film is at its core a critique of male entitlement told through the lens of a romantic comedy.

• Sep 11, 2019

Essentially boils down to a hipster love story, which for me is blah. Zooey Deschanel is cute indeed, and JGL has his charms but for the most part was a bit on the annoying side. Not a fan of the back and forth timeline either. Overall a big MEH.

• Sep 08, 2019

It's pretty rare for nowadays movies to show a different aspect of love and finding your soulmate beside happy and predictable endings and without a touch of realism in it. this movie did it perfectly.

• Sep 06, 2019

Just a very well cast and well acted film which explores the relationship of two people.

• Aug 18, 2019

Yes, it has that quirky, hipster quality but i like the way it presents relationships and how we can alter situations in our head. Joseph Gordon-Levitt was perfect for this role.

• Jul 07, 2019

Great movie! Very sweet and a realistic view of relationships 🤓 tomato

Great movie! Very sweet and a realistic view of relationships 🤓 tomato

• Jun 25, 2019

It was a fun movie, but that was about it. I enjoyed it. It was a very lighthearted film .

• Jun 15, 2019

The closest to realism a rom-com could probably venture to. 500 Days of Summer will make you feel things you don't want to feel in the most bitter-sweet way possible.

• Jun 01, 2019

I've seen this movie so many times and still love it! Although it has a bittersweet ending, it teaches a valuable lesson to those looking for soulmates.