A Lonely Place to Die - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Lonely Place to Die Reviews

½ September 21, 2017
A cut above most low budget movies. A Lonely Place to Die starts mellow and ends in a nail bitting fashion. It will certainly keep you on the edge of your seat.
March 28, 2017
Ambitious wilderness set thriller with some nice touches and great scenery but the characters are never fleshed out enough to make you really care...
½ December 19, 2016
Fine exciting story ....good action and suspence ! Nice ....SOMDVD
November 16, 2016
started out really good but then ended with too many loose ends.
October 9, 2016
I liked it! The different groups of killers and the right maybe the girl was in on it in the first half of the movie caught my interest. Plus, I love Scottish accent!
½ August 23, 2016
There was a cool start to the movie but it went downhill quickly. Plot holes galore. Unanswered questions. No real resolution. At times it felt like they were filling time with unnecessarily long scenes. If they would've kept to story in the mountains, maybe it could've been saved but it became very generic over the last act. How did the villains go from being expert marksmen in one scene to stormtroopers the next back to snipers at the end? Watch the beginning and find something else after an hour.
½ June 28, 2016
It has a promising beginning and feels well made but all tension deflates after things start going wrong with an invasive, heavy handed score and far too much screen time dedicated to the villains and the nitty gritty details of their evil plot.
June 9, 2016
Surprisingly good movie with a satisfying ending. I am very impressed at the filming of this entire movie. The high elevation of crazy mountain climbing definitely added to the suspense. I think Rob's death is the most haunting and fascinating for my morbid mind but Jenny's death is very very pathetic. Overall a great film!
½ March 1, 2016
This actually started out very well. But when the bad guys came into the film, it derailed quick. I found myself laughing at their absurdity.
½ January 29, 2016
By the numbers thriller that isn't quite at the level of movies like Cliffhanger and Ransom. There are some beautiful shots, but the movie is overall forgettable.
½ January 19, 2016
Wasn't what I was expecting it to be about at all. Storyline wasn't thoroughly explained though and I did have to wikapedia what was going on. But overall a good film, with good twists and turns.
November 29, 2015
A far-fetched home-grown 'thriller' that had us laughing throughout at the ludicrous plot holes and over-the-top sneering baddies. Could have been so much better.
November 24, 2015
55minutes into the movie and already felt like I had to review it.
So far 4 people died with no explanation. Fuck Anna. Should of left her there. no sympathy for a screamer who fights her rescuers.
½ June 16, 2015
What starts out as a pretty decent mountaineering thriller soon turns survival horror movie and would have done well to keep it that way. The plot is abandoning the beautifully filmed Scottish Highlands way too soon just to add an urban showdown that feels so random, it's almost an entirely different film. Of course you can say at least things are never too predictable, but the way the scripts treats a couple of characters is pretty lackluster. Still, entertaining enough.
June 14, 2015
Part high-altitude adventure movie, part kidnapping caper film, "A Lonely Place to Die" is more exciting than smart, though that's not the worst thing you can say about a movie.
May 30, 2015
Oh wow - great cinematography, constant action, and Melissa George. You think it's over, and it's not. I cannot recommend this movie enough.
May 21, 2015
It has it's moments, especially early on, of suspense, visuals, and good concept, but as the chase wears on, A Lonely Place to Die becomes largely inconsistent in setting, atmosphere, situation, and logic which results in a mostly unfulfilling movie.
April 16, 2015
Great momentum and thrill from the start to the end. Character development could have been better so that audience can feel sorry for their plight.
April 2, 2015
Awesome thriller ! ????
½ March 30, 2015
An very good idea with some good stunts and great visual backdrop of the mountains. But the films looses interest once they are back into the town. but still worth a watch