A Star Is Born - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Star Is Born Reviews

January 22, 2019
Simply Awesome movie. Soul touching music. One of best of best movie i have watched.
January 21, 2019
Engaged the whole way through. Ever better I didn't know I was being introduced to Lady Gaga as an actress & singer with the music in film being live performed. A+
January 21, 2019
ok movie! over rated and so so acting......music was the best parts of the movie
January 21, 2019
A Star Is Born is a remake of the 1937 musical film of the same name. This remake is far superior. For Bradley Cooper first Director debut, the movie reaches beyond any expectation I have. His and Lady Gaga performance was a thrill to watch. I love every seconds of it! Especially the songs!
Christopher O.
January 21, 2019
Lady GaGa proves she can act as well as sing and Cooper proves he has some pipes as well. Well acted, and filmed. THeir chemistry makes the predictable plot work and is a new take on a plot that has now been filmed four times. Kudos also to Sam Elliott who shines as Cooper's older brother. A true gem of the 2018 crop of films and one of it's best! 01-19-2019
January 21, 2019
The first act is a fantastic setup with good pacing to introduce us to the characters and their relationship with each other. Unfortunately, after that point the movie hits fast forward seemingly for the only purpose of setting up the ending. I felt as if a full movie was made, but then every other scene was edited out in order to meet time restraints. A Star is Born certainly had potential, but in the end it sped through its own story, leaving the final "emotional" scenes empty and void.
½ January 21, 2019
The story, Cinematography, Gaga's and Bradley's acting, all just seems too perfect to be real. Although it story torn my heart apart, i'm still looking for a rewatch
½ January 20, 2019
Way too long and could be ended after the big first "shallows" moment. Love the acting though.
½ January 20, 2019
Tolerable for roughly 40 minutes and then a sluggish clichĂ (C) on the road to a slow predictable end. Kept wanting to leave early but had heard so much about this film that I forced myself to stay.
½ January 20, 2019
The first half pretty much mimics the 76 version, from the way it's shot to the actual scenes - with the exception of the weird title sequence that's a weird homage to the Garland version. The wheels come off 1/4 of the way though with Cooper doing a bad Kris Kristofferson imitation, and Gaga, as usual, acting like she's struggling with lime disease. A mess.
½ January 20, 2019
Another remake. Where's the originality? I'd rather watch paint dry.
January 20, 2019
A Star is Born is a very decent movie, heavily supported by the lead performances and the undeniable appeal of Lady Gaga, who proved she can be just as big as a movie star.
January 20, 2019
What a film! It is still in my soul, skin, and mind. So deep, romantic and emotional. Absolutely love it!!!
January 20, 2019
So to start out I was a 3 and a half stars for this movie because I had never seen the old ones and the end threw me for a loop and made me very angery because you come so close and emotionally attached o these great characters. So with more thought I moved to 4 stars because how well of a job Bradley cooper did in the movie and behind the camera. I just wish the ending was different seems to drop the ball there a little. But hats off to mr. cooper you take a 4th telling of a movie with never directed and a star that has never acted nd made it something truly remarkable.
January 20, 2019
La Vie en Rose was the wrong song. Such a powerful voice but not for this song. I was bored throughout film and I really wanted to like it.
½ January 20, 2019
Slow, boring and sad... Excited to watch but super disappointed. DO NOT SPEND $$...
½ January 20, 2019
An interesting remake. My favorite is always the Judy Garland movie. Gaga can not really act but is a great singer. See it for Bradley Cooper.
½ January 20, 2019
Itâ(TM)s SO BORING. And Lady Gaga is a stiff and bad actress. Complete waste of time watching this.
½ January 19, 2019
Nasce uma Estrela (2018) #MovieReview 3,5 �� Cantor famoso e pinguço com carreira descendo ladeira encontra em bar garota com voz e potencial. Se juntam e a coisa melhora para ambos atà (C) ela fazer mais sucesso. Bom filme, com grandes atuações. Oscar? Não.
January 19, 2019
Two excessively talented people breathe intense life into the old melodrama. This is the first incarnation where I really believed the love story, and without that, the rest is so much show business. All praise to Barbara Streisand and Judy Garland, but Bradley Cooper is the first "Maine" who shook me and whose fate I mourned.