A Star Is Born - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Star Is Born Reviews

November 15, 2018
A good directorial debut to a great acting performance that could lead to gold to go Gaga emphasizing A Star is Born.
November 15, 2018
Cooper enters the director ranks with a wonderful performance in front of as well as behind the camera. Lady Gaga showcases more than capable acting chops. A little bit long, but other than that, a job well done.
November 15, 2018
This has to be one of my favourite movies ever made, from start to finish I knew it was going to be a tear jerker and I was not wrong! the story line was amazing and so inspiring and the actors portrayed the roles amazingly great film!
½ November 15, 2018
Another Oscar bait. 2h 16min of melodramatic nonsense.
November 15, 2018
LOVED this movie so much! And love the sound track.
November 15, 2018
Never believed any of this movie.
November 15, 2018
Primo film da regista di Bradley Cooper e per essere la sua prima volta se l' cavata piuttosto bene. Lui e Lady Gaga sono una bella coppia con una sintonia paurosa e la si pu notare per tutta la durata della pellicola. Si sono aiutati a vicenda nel corso della produzione e si vede, infatti lei stata bravissima nel recitare e lui stato bravissimo a cantare, ognuno ha tirato fuori il meglio dell'altro. La colonna sonora bellissima ed essendo un film con Lady Gaga ed incentrato sulla musica non poteva essere altrimenti. Sono stato sorpreso anche dal fatto che ho preferito molto di pi le parti cantate che quelle di narrazione normale, strano essendo un tipo che detesta i musical o film simili, anche se questo non un musical. Ottimo film, leggermente troppo lungo ma nel complesso pi che buono.
November 15, 2018
Excellent movie great music and story...Like the new perspective!
November 15, 2018
Phenomenal! The realism in this movie is outstanding!
The story is timeless
½ November 14, 2018
A beautiful, modern tale driven by fantastic performances by both Gaga and Cooper
½ November 14, 2018
Some slow moments, good chemistry between Gaga and Cooper, beautiful songs.
½ November 13, 2018
A surprisingly great performance by Lady Gaga and some beautiful cinematography. A Star Is Born is good, not great.
½ November 13, 2018
I didn't find the ending very satisfying ??
November 13, 2018
Lady Gaga can really act and Bradley Cooper can really sing - this is an amazing movie with a very good story. I never saw the first two, so have nothing to compare it to.
November 13, 2018
First off, the acting in this movie. Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper had great chemistry in this film. Of course, everybody at this point knows that Cooper's a great actor, but not a lot of people know that Lady Gaga is a fantastic actress as well and it shows in this movie. She deserves to be nominated for -hell, she should win- an academy award. She came across so genuine and like a real person that you can relate to. In every scene, she stole it. Bradley Cooper just turned himself into Jackson. He took voice lessons to work on his singing and he learned to play guitar. Bradley Cooper also directed this movie. It's his first time and it doesn't show. His directing in this movie seemed so professional like Krasinski, and I hope he keeps directing. Now, this film is a musical, and the music in this film is fantastic. I love all the songs in this film. The lyrics and tone were both meaningful to what was happening in the movie. When a scene was sad the song would be sad along with it. The Cinematography in this film was also stunning. The lighting, like the music, helped set the tone of each scene. If it was going to be crazy the lighting was more intense but it was calm the lighting was calmer. The last thing I want to talk about is the realistic relationship between the two main characters. It doesn't show a constant happy couple but shows how couples go through ups and downs but stick together no matter what. In the end, "A Star is Born" is a great movie that you should check out.
November 13, 2018
I've never seen a movie that was more like an "experience" than thinking "oh, these actors are great", Lady Gaga is beyond all expectations. I believe this movie is a new territory in films, I will always remember this movie and being gobsmacked watching something entirely new. Really impressive!
½ November 12, 2018
Finally saw A STAR IS BORN--it's as good as critics have been writing! I knew that Lady Gaga would be good, but Bradley Cooper is fantastic. Charming, and tortured and with better motivations than previous versions of this film (Tho' I really like James Mason)--the movie is better with 2 equal actors in it. The locations are great--real SNL set!-but the cinematography is so intimate, and so much from the performers perspective. The music is great too. I loved the rewriting that made this contemporary. Smart, emotional film!
November 12, 2018
This movie was terrific all around. Provding laughs and many tears to shead.
½ November 12, 2018
I thought it fell apart in the third act, but overall a surprisingly well directed movie.
November 12, 2018
Great film! I was really emotionally affected by the performances by both Cooper and Gaga. The writing and directed I thought was extremely good. I can't wait to see what Cooper directs in the future.