Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie Reviews

• Sep 13, 2020

You know the only thing I didn't really like about the movie was the ending, which I found underwhelming. The rest of the film seemed great, really hilarious with a stellar cast!

• Jun 26, 2020

Usually, transferring a sitcom to a feature film doesn't work to well as both formats demand different pacing, different story building and different comedic timing. In this case, putting Edina and Patsy into a cinematic setting made them look more out-of-place than ever, which I found quite brilliant on a meta level.

• Apr 14, 2020

'Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie' is as bad as I assumed it would be. Admittedly, I've never watched an episode of its popular television series. It is better than most of its counterparts in regards to TV personalities hitting the big time, e.g. 'Keith Lemon: The Film' and 'Mrs. Brown's Boys D'Movie', but that doesn't mean it isn't a terrible film. Pointless, illogical plot alongside poor casting which relies on cameos. Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley do work nicely next to each other, even if it is Saunders doing most of the heavy lifting. In terms of laughs, of which there aren't many, Kathy Burke and Nick Mohammed are mildly amusing in their roles together. Some of the cameos are decent, namely from Jon Hamm and Rebel Wilson. The only memorable scene involves Joan Collins and Dame Edna Everage, which at least gave me a smile. Overall, Ab Fab's silver screen debut falls short.

• Apr 09, 2019

Fabulous Darling, absolutely fabulous. Pop the cork, sit back and enjoy the chaos that Eddie & Patsy bring to the screen.

• Mar 24, 2019

Oh! How the divas have fallen, sweetie darling! Trite, sometimes uncharictaristically hateful humor intertwines with a plot that seems all at once overbloated and paper thin. Eddie and Patsie's character dynamic is still pleasurable to watch, but this film takes the "all style, no substance" cake and pies you in the face with it. Do yourself a favor and watch the original series. There's actually some charm there!

• Feb 08, 2019

Is it fun? Sure. Is it good? Reasonably. Is it milking a format? Absolutely. But fabulous? Oh yes sweetie darling!

• Jan 01, 2019

Raucous, glitzy and abundant with devilish charm, Absolutely Fabulous acts is a splendid adaptation of this British TV treat.

• Jul 01, 2018

The ultimate british comedy.

The ultimate british comedy.

• Apr 02, 2018

It isn't really a normal film, as it includes a recount of multiple spurious references from the original series that only core fans would know. So if you fit that demographic... This is the film for people who want to celebrate a series that ended in 2003/2004.

• Feb 08, 2018

Not as entertaining as the TV show, but still well quipped.

Not as entertaining as the TV show, but still well quipped.