Alfred the Great Reviews

• Aug 18, 2016

Really well done. Must watch. York and Hemings fantastic

Really well done. Must watch. York and Hemings fantastic

• May 22, 2013

Another Brit movie that I have always enjoyed AND wish it would be released on DVD.

• Jun 29, 2010

I am a fan of historic dramas but this one is pretty boring. OK as a history lesson but not great as a dramatic movie. Just drifts along from start to finish. Even the battle scenes are fairly dull. The cinematography could be better too - the picture was lacking in colour, clarity and resolution (though this may be a bad transfer to DVD).

• Nov 16, 2008

Much better than I was anticipating. Great cast. Bonus of a young Ian McKellen.

Much better than I was anticipating. Great cast. Bonus of a young Ian McKellen.