Altered - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Altered Reviews

October 1, 2010
scared the crap out of me..been a long time since a movie made my heart race, loved it!
½ September 23, 2010
One of the most original horror movies i have seen in a long time. If you've ever caught yourself looking up in the sky hoping to find any sign of what may be a ufo, this is your movie. Entertaining, creepy, well-acted, and very well directed. This movie is an absolute diamond in the rough and i have to say, i'm surprised it's ultimately an unknown film.
½ September 19, 2010
Low budget sci-fi/horror movie with below average acting and special effects. The alien effects were especially laughable. The story is only moderately interesting and I found it almost a chore to see this through to the end. With a bit more imagination and dollars spent on the alien itself, this would have been more enjoyable.
September 19, 2010
With out question, the most quintessentially awesome back woods horror flic i've ever seen !!!!! a sequel should be an obvious next step !!!!
½ September 16, 2010
One of the best alien horror films I have seen in quite a long time. Comparissons to cronenburgs early work (the fly) come into play here and the whole thing really has an old school way and is very convincing and all around disturbing and exciting on almost every level. Make sure to go out and rent this if you are a fan of horror films.
September 11, 2010
Generally, I love alien abduction films or alien body horror films, but Altered just completely failed for me despite the positive reaction it seems to have gotten from many other horror fans. Altered concerns a group of friends who encounter aliens as teenagers and then are forced to live with not only the knowledge of their encounter but the death of one of their own. Fifteen years later, when the film begins, three of the friends have decided to hunt the aliens who are still visiting a local spot in the woods. The three friends capture an alien and drag it back to their estranged friend's house who experienced a lengthier abduction than any of the others. What ensues is at times creepy but mostly just a series of arguments between the redneck characters. Ultimately, Altered never really developed any sense of tension or any original ideas about the aliens, and its hickish characters were never anything other than annoying. In the final analysis, it is a film that I will most likely forget within a few weeks.
½ September 7, 2010
Un début peu fracassant qui n'annonce rien de bien, mais E.Sanchez (l'un des réals du Blair Witch Project) arrive à nous tenir en haleine dans ce 8clos de SF plutôt généreux (les Aliens n'ont rien à voir avec le ET de Spielberg) et dont le dernier tiers apocalyptique est vraiment intense.
½ September 1, 2010
Better than most modest budget creature features. Should have received as much attention as Slither or Feast did, that's for sure.
½ August 3, 2010
I decided to give this movie a day in court last night and I'm glad I did. It delivers where the movie "signs" fails to do so, read the synopsis before you watch the movie though or you'll be lost at the beginning. This movie is very different and strange with an independant vibe to it. You can cue it on netflix to stream - I'll probably watch it again because of how unique it is. A very interesting story about alien abduction that is fun unlike most other films of this flavor.
July 9, 2010
This is one of those movies I guess that didn't have any hype and its cover looks like 80% of horror movie covers so... easy to not notice... However, it was very well done for what it was and I like it the most of any 'alien encounter' movie I've seen for years and years. There were some VERY stressful moments. Probably one of the only instances except for "Dreamcatcher" where insane alien gore was actually scary/disturbing and not just icky... (not that "Dreamcatcher" was all that great. This movie was better.)
½ June 23, 2010
so during my Monster,Alien,Ghost marathon until May 2011, i came across this movie called Altered which is directed by Eduardo Sanchez(you know the guy who directed the Blair Witch Project)

The story is simple, its the story of a bunch of friends who seek revenge on aliens after they abducted them and murdered one of the friends, but the movie doesnt explain it well,they explain it through dialogue which doesnt explain things clearly. One night a few of the friends actually succed in capturing an Alien, but have to deal with the torture that its mind control uses on the friends and one of the friends girlfriend and a poison venome it uses whenever the Alien bites someone, but they soon realize that the Alien mightg be contacting for help and that there might be an implanted device might be inside each and one of them.

This movie had an interesting concept but it later falls and forgets about the characters and the plot, and instead goes for the violence, which is average to say the least, but it just gets boring very quickly. And the Mother ship looks like a frog, and it moves like a frog which goes on my top 5 worst spaceships of all time.

the performances are pretty bad, the direction is also bad, and did i say how boring the plot gets?

overall this movie felt like a waist of time and this is the first bad movie on the Marathon list soo congradulations Altered!

i give this movie 1/5 stars
½ June 22, 2010
A suprisingly good horror flick from the makers of the ever under-rated 'Blair Witch Project'. Goes to show that good film making can be achieved without a huge budget and top shelf actors.
March 28, 2010
Rednecks vs aliens. low budget but a lot better than some higher budget movies I have seen.
March 16, 2010
del mismo director de blair witch proyect WOOOOOOOOOOOO tranquilos no se asusten que esta pelicula es bastante buena y decente en comparacion con B.W.P.
una pelicula LOW budget tipico de las peliculas B quality van directo a dvd y nadie se entera de ellas . la pelicula en resumen trata de 4 amigos que hace 15 años sus vidas fueron cambiadas cuando un extraterrestre mato a uno de sus amigos , 15 años despues logran capturarlo y es aqui donde la pelicula empieza , si eres de las personas que no necesita ver explosiones y tiroteos para disfrutar una pelicula te la recomiendo, la pelicula tiene un dialogo tremendo y crea una tension buena que combinada con los comentarios y loqueras de los personajes crea un balance con la comedia , pero como toda pelicula de horror tienes sus partes en la cual los personajes hacen cosas totalmente estupidas y sin sentido alguno. si eres una persona mormosa no te la recomiendo pues tiene partes muy grotescas y fuertes pero si eres un fanatico de las peliculas de horror vas a encontrar una pelicula chevere para pasar el rato
½ February 27, 2010
some total morons who have spent 17 years searching for the aliens who killed their friend finally capture an alien.
Unfortunatley for curly,larry and moe the alien is well hard and they have no idea what to do next.
So they take it to Jamie Redknapp who also dislikes aliens and ruin his night in with the missus.
The moral of this story is if aliens kick your ass once maybe its best to leave them alone, however, even hard killer aliens should think twice before upsetting a woman.
This is a far better film than Mysterious Skin which had no aliens and just a paedo PE teacher.
January 25, 2010
Altered film direct to video, ceritanya dibuat seperti layaknya sebuah sequel yang membuat penonton pasti merasa bingung dengan alur ceritanya, Wyatt(Adam Kauffman) diliputi rasa takut ketika 3 orang kawannya Duke, Cody dan Otis datang ke kediamannya membawa mahluk aneh yang merupakan pengalaman masa lalunya yang sangat mencekam, merasa keadaan mereka dalam bahaya mereka mengikat dan membungkam mahluk yang merupakan alien ini, mahluk ini rupanya begitu berbahaya sampai-sampai dapat memusnahkan seluruh ras manusia.
LittleMissBloodAndGuts
½ January 20, 2010
I feared the worst going into this, but Altered turned out to be better than cheap and formulaic. Four rednecks kidnap an alien, and the aliens become very ticked off. Some slow moments where it gets a bit talky, but all in all, one of the better aliens probe humans films, because in Altered
½ January 12, 2010
goddamn fuckin aliens
January 7, 2010
Super serie B trashouille. Une bande de duperes traque de l'alien tout mechant et visqueux. Moins barre que les "Feast", mais aussi marrant que "Undead" !