American Animals Reviews

• Nov 26, 2019

American Animals is a 2018 crime drama film written and directed by Bart Layton.

• Nov 23, 2019

Wasn't a big fan of the framing device they used, where it was like a weird half documentary. But a pretty interesting story with great characters and acting, and though I didn't like the framing device at all, the movie still did some pretty cool stuff with it in editing and direction so that's a plus as well. Overall, pretty engaging movie that I got a lot out of.

• Oct 26, 2019

How to turn to cinema the spatio-temporally accomplished nihilism of postmodernity, in its planetary contagiousness and in its historical acuteness? We have a deluge of examples, indeed perhaps the problem is the exact opposite: there are no longer exceptions. The absurd of the twentieth century has exited from the niche culture and has now become a mass, popular and mainstream one. The mentioned "Reservoir Dogs" (1992) is an explicit statement of a plausible turning point. Then the director heads to the parts of "The Bling Ring" (Sofia Coppola, 2013) or "Posh" (Lone Scherfig, 2014), adding a pleonastic elusiveness of the truth to this umpteenth apologia of nothingness. (Mauro Lanari)

• Oct 14, 2019

Do you like heist movies? Do you like movies based on true stories? Do you like movies that actually are reiterations of said true stories? Do you like documentaries? If you answered "yes" to two or more of the aforementioned four questions, I'd suggest you watch this film. It is awesome. You essentially know what's gonna happen the whole time, but the fact that you're still on the edge of your seat until what you suspected all along comes true is what makes this a piece of art in and of itself. Very entertaining, very humbling, and very satisfying, all in one!

• Sep 24, 2019

A smart and quick-paced film that tells the true story of seemingly average kids that decide to steal an expensive art book. It really does get you thinking about what you would do if your were in these guy's shoes

• Sep 04, 2019

Unusual, but catch what one of the teenagers says: We were brought up to think we were special. Meaning, therefore, they could get away with it. Where did this belief come from? Their parents and their middle-class upbringing, with its constant affirmations that everyone is exceptional, everyone can do whatever they want, everyone can achieve whatever goal they want to achieve. Maybe we're sending the wrong messages to our children.

• Aug 06, 2019

This was a very entertaining and funny film. The only reason it's good is bc it was all a true story. If this was hollywood script it would be pretty dumb, but knowing that real people made these choices and decisions is hilarious. You gotta give em their props for thinking outside the box. For a bunch of amateurs they had really lofty goals!

• Jul 14, 2019

Two thumbs all the way up!

Two thumbs all the way up!

• Jun 22, 2019

Boa sequência de tacks e planos, roteiro bem estruturado e amarrado, humor na medida, toque original na inclusão das pessoas dos quais os personagens da história foram tirados.

• Jun 16, 2019

One of the most intense, thrilling movies I've seen in years. The directorial brilliance & the acting together just made this movie amazing! It makes you feel the real life emotions of the boys. Perfect!