Among the Living (Aux yeux des vivants) Reviews

• Jun 21, 2019

It's pretty good considering it's an indie. It can't accomplish it's lofty goals (of being a horror version of Stand By Me), but it does come across as an entertaining movie with some really good suspense and decent scares. The acting by each kid is real and genuine. The villain is good while mask but loses some of it's lustre when he becomes unmasked. Overall I would recommend this movie to horror fans, esp'ly those who have "seen everything".

• Feb 25, 2018

This should be a megahit, a box office basher, because it typifies everything that contemporary Horror films so badly need to look like, and would provide the many lost mainstream hollywood horror directors too busy helming horrible remakes of franchised classics a sort of blueprint they could study. Maybe then the American Horror film industry would start to learn what it means to be creative, stylish, visionary, and great all through the narrative lens as well as the character development/arc vantage as well. If only...alas, I'll just shut up and be grateful I get to watch amazing and talented minds in ANY language so long as it's horror and it's legitimately fucking great.

• Jun 24, 2017

I like a horror film where no one feels safe, but this one was almost too much so for me. I'm tempted to call this a more horrific version of The Goonies, even though it isn't that.

• Feb 18, 2016

Bog standard horror thriller 5/10

Bog standard horror thriller 5/10

• Dec 04, 2014

Not as intense as Inside, or a spooky as Livide, but still Maury and Bustillo know how to keep you on edge, pile on the gore, and shock you with the unexpected.

• Nov 09, 2014

The duo behind Inside and Livide hit us with another film that goes straight for the nasty stuff. Whilst not hitting the heights of Inside. (think that's going to take some beating) Among the Living has some genuine moments that are beyond the concepts of mainstream horror.

• Nov 07, 2014

I was really disappointed about the how the movie turned out. Because after watching Inside, and seeing how much potential directors Alexandre Bustillo and Julien Maury have, I was expecting this movie to be really good. But what it ended up being, was a mixed bag of situations that actually had no actual backstory or insight. Things just happened, without any type of coherence. However, it did have some pretty suspenseful and scary scenes, but there want enough of them to save the movie. Also, the gore was there but it didn't felt enough, which was also disappointing. Still, the was actually good and gave the movie some credibility. But overall, it was kind of a mess, mainly the story was the one that really messed up the movie, because the talent behind the camera was there, if only they would had put more thought into the script. ~November 7, 2014~

• Oct 26, 2014

Nothing worth seeing again. Horribly disappointing considering the talent involved.

• Sep 23, 2014

Safely watched through the gap in the seats in front of me.. A summery movie of teenage rite of passage and inevitable violent death.. Great; fun, suspense and gory horror. Delivered with humour and style. love it...

• Aug 29, 2014

It's bitterly disappointing that the team responsible for cult favourite "Inside", have gone on to create this piece of trash. Avoid.