Any Which Way You Can - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Any Which Way You Can Reviews

February 18, 2017
A good beat'em up flick
½ November 5, 2016
A Little Bit Too Much Country (Bar Fights, Lame One Liner Conversations, Damsel Women) & Not Enough Story. All Builds Up To This 'Fight' To Pay The Bills. The Orangutan Seems So Out Of Place, I Ask Myself Why?? Poor Thing...Apparently This Is What Counts For Comedy. Animal Cruetly More Like It. But I Guess The 80's Had Celebrities Owning Wild Animals (Anton Levay, Michael Jackson, Paris Hilton, Tippi Hedren, Vanilla Ice, Mike Tyson) As A Thing You Do...Thankful We Have Learned The Natural Habitat Of These Animals Belongs Outside Of Cities.
½ February 1, 2016
Better than the first one. Why not?
December 13, 2015
I watched it to see the hijinx that Clyde gets into, plus the Black Widows are a hoot.
½ January 5, 2015
OK,not so much fun but still enjoyable minus the ending.
½ December 13, 2014
Full disclosure: I haven't seen this movie's predecessor, EVERY WHICH WAY BUT LOOSE. However, I get the feeling that you don't need to see it in order to understand or appreciate this one. Although the plot leaves a lot to be desired and it's probably about 20 minutes too long, it's still good-natured and has a lot of humor, to boot. Clint Eastwood plays Philo Beddoe, a truck driver who also does bare-knuckle fighting, and he's accompanied by an orangutan named Clyde. The basic story is that Philo has quit fighting, but he gets strong-armed by the Mafia into doing one final fight. At the same time, he's being pursued by a Neo-Nazi biker gang called The Black Widows. While I wasn't really into this type of movie, and it certainly is not one of the better things that Clint Eastwood has been in, there were a lot of individually funny scenes that made me laugh a lot. Not only that, but they actually follow up on a lot of the gags. That's probably the highest praise I can give this movie. Other than that, the plot is a muddled mess. It seems like they just threw a bunch of stuff at the wall to see what would stick. Despite having a bunch of elements that were funny on their own, they never really gelled to make a coherent narrative. For what it's worth, all of the performances were at least decent, but Eastwood seemed like he was just going through the motions at times. The best performance of the movie, however, was the orangutan who played Clyde. There's also some good soundtrack cuts, even if I don't quite like country/western music. Last, but not least, the fighting, despite not having a lot of it, but pretty good and well-filmed. Overall, I wasn't too impressed with this ANY WHICH WAY YOU CAN, but I wasn't too bored and I laughed more than a few times. It's on the bottom end of Clint Eastwood's resume in terms of quality, but you could do a lot worse.
November 19, 2014
Its a OK movie not as good as the first. The Monkey has more camera time in this movie and the Singer chick comes back after everything that hapened in the first movie.But the end fight is pretty cool.
November 9, 2014
***Due to the recent RT changes that have basically ruined my past reviews, I mostly only giving a rating rather than a full review.***
October 17, 2014
Clint Eastwood and Clyde take care of business, Clyde can turn any cop car into his own private port a potty any darn time he wants to!!!
October 14, 2014
I had a great time with this film, and still do!
½ August 21, 2014
I'm not entirely sure why this and the one before it even exist, except to prove that Clint Eastwood should probably have avoided comedy.
June 30, 2014
I own this on Blu-Ray in a two movie pack along with:
* Every Which Way But Loose (1978)

and i also own it on DVD
May 31, 2014
Every Which Way But Loose was bad enough, so, two years later, the producers decided to make a sequel. And Clint Eastwood went along for the ride.

Every Which Way But Loose was Clint Eastwood's career low-point. Not necessarily the worst movie Clint Eastwood ever made, but it must be close to to it. No, a career low-point because he chose to be in it. The script alone, and the fact that his co-star is an orangutan, should have tipped him off that this movie was not going to be anything more than mediocre. He should have listened to WC Fields: "Never work with animals or children".

The money must have been good.

Quite silly, lowest common denominator stuff. Pointless, random, hole-filled plot. The whole aim seems to be to get to the next fight scene.

Any Which Way You Can is more of the same. Once again, the money must have been good...
½ May 2, 2014
Not as good as the first but still a good sequel.
February 21, 2014
Awesome and bonkers and awesome
½ January 18, 2014
Not as good as the first but enjoyable nonetheless even though a bit dated and some dreadful fight scenes.
½ September 2, 2013
The epic conclusion to a film that could have gone better, "Any Which Way" provides more lovable characters, fun laughs, more battles and brawls and a story that provided for a more thoroughly entertaining experience for everyone.
½ April 11, 2013
Well, besides Beverly D'Angelo, the entire gang came back. The mother is even funnier this time and the antics with the Black Widow gang are more amusing. I felt the giant fight at the end goes on far too long.

Eastwood and Lewis are still a great team and while Locke returns and is much less drama fueled this time, she lost a TON of weight here and looks far too skinny.

Some of the plot can get confusing trying to figure out who is screwing over who, but there's a lot of crazy characters and some really funny moments.

The 'Bo Derek' moment was pretty funny.

And hey, seeing Mama Fratelli from The Goonies in a bit part when she still had a normal voice was awesome!
March 23, 2013
More of a plot but prefer "Loose". Although it is a good fight at the end!!