Der Baader Meinhof Komplex (The Baader Meinhof Complex) Reviews

• Apr 02, 2020

Stylish terror group who bombed, killed and wrecked havoc in Germany during the 1970's. A true story about a true group of misplaced idealists

• Aug 01, 2019

A film that is little too nostalgic and romantic for terrorists for my tastes.

A film that is little too nostalgic and romantic for terrorists for my tastes.

• Feb 25, 2018

And this is what I like. We can read about it later if we want more details. The reconstitution here is just plain great. Great fights, great bombings, great shootings, better than americans. The acting is excellent. We are plunged into a dark past for two hours. And the germans make the best terrorists.

• Nov 19, 2017

It has said what happened exactly means no holes barred !

It has said what happened exactly means no holes barred !

• Jun 29, 2015

A well made dramatic presentation of the development of the radical Baader-Meinhof gang during the 1970's. It was engaging because of its focus on the personality and "philosophy' of a limited number of characters. A sympathetic tolerance for the gang's progressive brutality throughout the film is created by the initial scenes of a savage attack by government sympathizers on of a crowd peacefully protesting the Shah of Iran's visit to Berlin. It would have been hard to focus on the characters and their motivations rather than their brutal actions had the film not been grounded in this context because the viewer would have been caught up or turned off by the drama of senseless violence.

• Jan 30, 2015

?????? ? ???????? ? ??? ??????? ????? ??? ?? ?????????? ?? ?? ??? ???? ????? ????? ??? ??? ??? ???????? ???? ??? ?? ??? ??????? ?? ?? ????? ??? ?? ???? ?? ????? ?????? ??. ???? ???? ?? ??? ?? ??. ??????? ?? ?? ??? ?? ????? ????????. ???? ???? ????? ?? ??!

• Jan 21, 2015

It's nice to catch a foreign movie that deals with subject matter that you had no direct knowledge about, and its presented in an objective way. In terrorism there is no good and bad guys. Regardless of the end, the use of violence should always be condemned. But terrorism is not limited to small groups that use militant force against innocents. It also points to governments that use military force against other countries in a direct, or cowardly covert way. The birth of the Red Army Faction in Germany back in the 60's coincides with a decade of turmoil, protest, rebellion and outrage against the big "democratic" nations of the world. At first peaceful protest is the way to show the disgust of the many against the atrocities that many times are just ignored by first world countries, because of their own interests. This film captures this turmoil. It places you back in the late 60's and early 70's and shows the evolution of the Red Army Faction. And it's not always pretty. You might go from supportive to condemning the same group and yet, still understanding the degree of desperation their leaders and followers felt in a winless war against their own government. It is summed up in part of Ulrike Meinhof May 1968 document that states "Protest is when I say I don't like this and that. Resistance is when I see to it that things that I don't like no longer occur. Protest is when I say I will no longer go along with it. Resistance is when I see to it that no one else goes along with it anymore either."

• Aug 18, 2014

"The Baader Meinhof Complex" is a sometimes chilling and always gripping look at one of Germany's most conflicted periods of history. It tells the story of the rise of historical far-left terrorist organization, the Red Army Faction (RAF). When a group of youths and activists are disenfranchised with the Western powers, spurred by world events such as the Vietnam War, the Isreali-Palestinian conflict and the rapid growth of the Soviet Union, they decide to send a message by setting a department store on fire. After serving a brief jail period, the youths, including Andreas Baader and his girlfriend Gudrun Ensslin, join forces with left-wing journalist Ulrike Meinhof and begin assaulting government figures and prominent capitalists, with the help of Palestinian extremists. It's grizzly, and to it's immense credit, in never ever tries to either condemn or condone the RAF, merely presenting the facts as they happened and allowing the audience to form their own opinions - something Hollywood rarely manages. Combining that with some outstanding performances from the cast that includes Moritz Bleibtreu, Martina Gedeck and Johanna Wokalek, and what you have is one of the best recent historical dramas. A truly gripping film.

• Aug 12, 2014

Very interesting movie

Very interesting movie

• Jul 28, 2014

I was confused half the time but in awe the other half. This film is so comprehensive it's really commendable.