Batman: The Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Batman: The Movie Reviews

October 14, 2016
Fun and stupid in all of the right areas. This film is worth a watch if your a fan of the 60s TV show.
½ October 8, 2016
Everything you would hear about this movie is true; and what a hilarious, self-consciously wacky and purposefully ham-fisted movie it is!
September 24, 2016
Dans son genre, un merveilleux classique nanar
September 23, 2016
The worst movie of the 60s hands down.
September 3, 2016
Inspired silliness. Don't try comparing this to The Dark Knight. It's in a totally different class.
August 29, 2016
If you've never seen the original television series, just by watching this one, you'll have a good idea of what it was. Fun, cheesy, but God is this long. At way over two hours it starts to become a slog. Just cut a good half hour out of it and you've got a fun little laugh, otherwise it could be a bit too sluggish.
August 23, 2016
Outstanding performance by Adam West. But you can tell the fighting is obviously fake. But still a great movie!
August 19, 2016
Timeless classic that made me cave in and buy the complete series
½ August 8, 2016
The cheesiness may be too much for some, but Batman: The Movie is still a hilariously over-the-top parody of 1940's movie serials with enough enjoyable silliness to overcome the fact that it's essentially an extended episode of the show. Adam West's deliberately hammy performance is mostly fun to watch, and the film works best when it pokes fun at its own cheesiness. Overall, though certainly not without its cringeworthy moments, Batman: The Movie boasts enough inspired silliness to make up for these. 7/10.
August 8, 2016
Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na ANNIVERSARY!!!

For real tho this film is awful but it's hilarious to the end of time, holy 50th birthday batman!!!

½ August 6, 2016
In the wake of Batman movies - good and bad - being made today, the 60's series' spin-off Batman: The Movie happens to truly behave in a weird tongue-in-cheek type of way that may never be seen again in DC's future. Following the debut of the television series, our cast deliver some lines with great camp, while the premise is equally outrageous. Thus this movie appeals to the Batman fans who are looking for a laugh. After all, nothing in a comic book movie can be taken too seriously...
July 27, 2016
Sometimes it does stretch its loopy premise thin, but camp is plentiful in this wonderfully silly action caper. A stream of hilarious, comic savvy gags delivered by some all star and absolute pros, make it a genuine treat.
July 11, 2016
I honestly believe that this one of the better batman movies ever made, as I see it less as a cheesy camp movie, and more as a serious story. Having never watched the TV show, I can't say how I think of it in comparison to that, but I can say that Adam West is a great batman, this robin is probably the best one in the whole of live action batmans, and all 4 villains are very entertaining. While it may look unbearably campy, once you watch it you tend to ignore the costume, and the constant messages about safety. A wonderful time capsule of what superhero movies used to be.
July 9, 2016
Many of the technologies and gags are completely obsolete, gaping plot holes, and frankly, hard to watch!
July 8, 2016
Batman: The Movie was basically what kick started the entire "Batman" film franchise, and it started pretty well. Now obviously, it's nothing too great, and the film does not deserve any awards or anything close to that, it's just a really, really fun and campy film from the 60's.

Based on the extremely popular television series from the 60's, this film centers around Batman and Robin trying to succeed in stopping a plan created by a large team of villains to steal and corrupt a invention that can possibly destroy the world.

Now if you are a fan of the original "Batman" television series from the 60's like me, then you will definitely enjoy this very harmless, short, campy, and overall, fun film.

Honestly, I really liked how this film turned out to be, and I really liked how it tried to be something very different that has not really been tried before, at least in a worldwide release for a film, since the TV show is intensely similar to this film. Overall, I enjoyed it, and I consider it, a good start.
½ July 3, 2016
This film is one of the prime examples of a "so bad it's good" movie. It's campy, silly, funny, and definitely a fun film everyone has to see. Still, it's really bad.
June 25, 2016
I was never a fan of using camp as a guise for poor quality, but this is what Batman: The Movie rests on. It's cheesy, it's dimwitted, but it's funny and entertaining. However, funny and entertaining don't equal a good movie is this case.
June 21, 2016
The 2nd best batman movie I don't understand all the hate it's not for little kids it is something you can watch and not be disappointed if you have a open mind
June 20, 2016
Only movie made with the cast of the old, campy Batman show from the 1960s. Highlight of the movie? Maybe the foam shark hanging off of Batman's leg that he gets rid of with handy "Shark Repellent" aerosol can. The camp is definitely there as it was in the TV show and the film is great with not taking itself too seriously.
½ June 8, 2016
Definetely has the charm of the TV series.