Batman: The Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Batman: The Movie Reviews

½ May 21, 2017
Lee Meriwether is ESXY AS HELL and would want to **** her 6969
May 20, 2017
Its probably the most campy thing I have ever seen. Its cheesy, old, and in somewhat bad quality. And I LOVE it.
½ May 15, 2017
Cheesy and goofy, Batman: The Movie isn't a horrible movie, but if you go in wanting a solid action packed story with a serious tone on the Batman mythos, you will hate this film.
May 13, 2017
All the greats from the original TV series makes this a classic. Some parts of the movie are over-the-top corny, leaving you shaking your head. It sounds like they wanted to make it that way, but I think it detracts from the movie. Would only suggest this movue if you loved the original TV series like I did, but still give it three stars.
½ May 7, 2017
I forgot how funny the lines are in these. Pretty entertaining
April 22, 2017
Cheesy but it's batman so it's a masterpiece. "Holy So Bad It's Good Batman!"
April 19, 2017
Batman Is My Third Favorite Superhero Of All Time.
February 26, 2017
Credible, emotive, volatile !! Nelson Riddles score is excellent, and some worthwhile performances from a very distinctive series. Probably one of the best film adaptations of the Batman story
½ February 16, 2017
This franchise's humor, upbeat music, and campy fun make this movie and the series it was based on a ton of fun to watch.
February 12, 2017
A clasic of campy action
February 11, 2017
The first 10 minutes manages to show how the rest of the movie is going to be. A disappointment.
February 9, 2017
Not as good as the TV show. Some memorable moments, but overall ok at best
½ January 21, 2017
This is truly a poorly made movie, with phony and corny characters that delivers brutally awful results.
January 4, 2017
a classic batman the way he should be. very fun and campy.
½ January 1, 2017
Inspired silliness. Don't try comparing this to The Dark Knight. It's in a totally different class.
December 18, 2016
Entertaining and ridiculous. Campy, colorful, and funny. Not a great movie by any stretch, but come on- exploding sharks? Labels on everything? Robin's typing?
November 21, 2016
BLAZINGLY over the top to the hilt!
Holy Technicolor, Batman!

Wildly Entertaining all the way - energetic, a colorful kaleidoscopic feast for the eyes featuring the best villains of the live-action 60s TV Series, and a fine tuned, incredibly consistent cast and crew.

The movie amps up beyond the TV Series with some surprisingly elegant cinematography and camera work.
Comic book genius.

No Batman movie since this one has been able to rival the campy shenanigans so consistently as here, although they have certainly tried.

Some really hilarious tongue in cheek surprises sprinkled throughout the script keep things hopping, and just when you think things are going to turn static -

POW! WHAMO!!

Here comes the fun.
If only there were Oscar Awards for keeping a straight face - I'm thoroughly impressed on however they did it.

Enjoy this, and relish every high camp moment.
And don't forget the Shark Repellent.

5 out of 5 spins in the Batmobile
jamrcla
November 10, 2016
I dare you to find a more camp movie and if you do please don't let me know as I don't think I could handle it, The movie is just pure silliness as the opening scene Batman gets bitten by a shark that tries to rip his leg off but luckily Batman has his Shark replant spray..... And it only gets more camper with anti penguin gas pills, Also when the world's leaders get turned into dust then accidentally mixed up Batman has his dust separator machine to save the day, Terrible acting, Effects and plot but it's loyal to the TV show which came out 34 years before I was born so I'm only basing this as a film on its own having only seen a few 60's episodes so maybe to some it will be better but I can guarantee it's one Batman film your kids won't want to watch but hey at least there wasn't any dancing scenes.
October 14, 2016
Fun and stupid in all of the right areas. This film is worth a watch if your a fan of the 60s TV show.