Batman: The Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Batman: The Movie Reviews

January 16, 2018
Campy to the extreme, its a fun movie to watch for its silliness and straight laced delivery. "Some days...you just don't know where to get rid of a bomb."
January 7, 2018
Campy and silly in the best possible way, the first Batman movie is one of the best. Adam West may not be the best Batman, but his performance will go down in history if it hasn't already. The story feels like it was pulled straight from the best of the comics, the dialogue is full of clever tongue-in-cheek humor, and the action is a perfect blend of camp and suspense.
½ January 4, 2018
Adam West's incarnation of Batman may not have aged superbly, but for those who enjoy the nostalgia and campy fun, Batman: The Movie will work just fine.
November 21, 2017
Not good, even when I was a kid this wasn't my cup of tea. For many Adam West is their Batman, and I don't get it, but maybe I'm not supposed to. Hell, at least he was great on Family Guy.
November 1, 2017
One of the best movies ever yet, with best action, and adventure.
October 22, 2017
Holy fromage, Batman!
jamrcla
October 21, 2017
I dare you to find a more camp movie and if you do please don't let me know as I don't think I could handle it, The movie is just pure silliness as the opening scene Batman gets bitten by a shark that tries to rip his leg off but luckily Batman has his Shark replant spray..... And it only gets more camper with anti penguin gas pills, Also when the world's leaders get turned into dust then accidentally mixed up so Batman has his dust separator machine to save the day, Terrible acting, Effects and plot but it's loyal to the TV show which came out 34 years before I was born so I'm only basing this as a film on its own having only seen a few 60's episodes so maybe to some it will be better but I can guarantee it's one Batman film your kids won't want to watch but hey at least there wasn't any dancing scenes.
October 10, 2017
great superhero movie based on the hit tv series of all time, and yes I watch is movie. I like this movie
October 7, 2017
Some days you just can't stop watching this movie!
September 23, 2017
I watched this recently. Even though it's over 70 years old, WOW, i still thought it was entertaining and funny
½ September 17, 2017
Kids will like this Batman I know when I was younger I liked the PG Batman"s there fun to watch
½ September 5, 2017
love this for all of it's cheese and one liners!
July 24, 2017
Beautifully daft and elegantly silly, this is hardly the dark avenger we're supposed to know today, but that contrast only adds to its entertainment. Succeeds where the later films fail by trying to be too hard to be dark and shows the flexibility of the Batman character. Charming and laugh-out-loud fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
½ July 1, 2017
A flashy, fun and playful version of the usually serious crime fighter, Batman. The vehicles are awesome and the corny jokes add on to the goofy humor, and even the special effects are decent enough to keep even the smallest child entertained.
June 26, 2017
This is a fun movie but is weak compared to other batman films.

6.5/10
June 23, 2017
Silly and witty, "Batman" marks the film debut of the caped crusader along with the remarkable performance of Lee Meriwether as the sexy and dangerous Catwoman
June 19, 2017
Best action+ comedy superhero film- a must see classic that will never be duplicated, I've seen over> 40 times + counting!!! The legendary Adam West will live on
June 18, 2017
Not my kind of Batman, but like this movie.
½ May 31, 2017
Gloriously campy and hilarious, Batman The Movie survives today as a bit of a relic and reminder of simpler times, as well as a blast of film.
½ May 21, 2017