Battle in Seattle Reviews

• Sep 23, 2019

Great acting. Especially from Harrelson and Liotta and plot. The execution I thought was faulty.

• Jun 15, 2019

Sadly, yet again the US police are portrayed as unprofessional, untrained morons with no self discipline. Even more sad is the movies is based on fact.

• Jul 07, 2016

Average film which flattened out towards the end.

Average film which flattened out towards the end.

• Dec 17, 2015

This film could have been and had the potential to be a lot more groundbreaking. Sadly it was not and if it tried to inspire people somehow, it really didn't.

• Sep 23, 2014

Unconvincing great intentions for a worthy cause. I just wish it were to WTO what Blackfish was to Sea World.

• Sep 10, 2014

there is no end of colonialism, the rich countries are always sucking dry the developing countries, they just change the way of doing it from time to time!

• Aug 13, 2014

I really liked this movie, what an impossible situation that's well portrayed as we get to see all sides of the protest here. The police, the mayor, a news anchor and her cameraman, several WTO delegates, a pregnant woman caught in the middle of it all and of course the assorted protestors. An excellent ensemble cast represent all these characters and I love movies with multiple storylines that all converge. This wasn't perfect by any means but I definitely got wrapped up in the fictionalized account presented here of the 1999 protest riots at the World Trade Organization conference. My eyes were actually (sympathy) stinging from all the tear gas used as we see thousands of activists descend on Seattle Washington and witness the chaos that ensues over the next few days. Brutal. Huge cast but I would have to say Woody Harrelson & Charlize Theron's story stood out the most. I also really enjoyed Michelle Rodriguez & Martin Henderson as the activists. On a personal note this was very relatable as I was in Vancouver for the Stanley Cup riots. 9/30/14

• Jun 11, 2014

This film, sporting an all-star cast, including Charlize Theron, Woody Harrelson, Ray Liotta, Andre "3000" Benjamin, Michelle Rodriguez, and more, makes an earnest effort to portray the various factors at play in Seattle's Defining Moment. I was there; I worked downtown, at the time, and researched this event, after the fact. In my opinion, this film comes as close as possible in showing how and why the "Battle in Seattle," a turning point in modern history, happened.

• Jun 02, 2014

well ummm just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch......its got a good cast of actors/actressess throguhout this movie.....i think that charlize theron, andre benjamin, martin henderson, woody harrelson, ray liotta, play good roles/parts throughout this movie........i think that the director of this drama/adventure/action movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie.......YOU HAVE GOT TO WATCH THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE AS SOMETHING HAPPENS AT THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE........IN SOME SCENES THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE IT CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.......i think that Channing Tatum as Johnson, was good throughout this movie......its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie.......i think that this is such a really sad movie 2 watch as it is a real-life movie 2 watch......i think that this is such a really well written/acted/directed movie 2 watch its got a great cast throughout this movie...... Though the film is based on actual events, the characters are fictional. its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie.......i think that this is such a really powerful drama movie 2 watch i think that this is such a really moving drama movie 2 watch........i think that both Ray Liotta as Mayor Jim Tobin (loosely based on real-life Seattle Mayor Paul Schell), Tzi Ma as Governor (loosely based on former Washington Governor Gary Locke), were brilliant throughout this movie in there roles throughout this movie.......its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie......i think that this is such a really powerful drama movie 2 watch......its got a great cast throughout this movie i think that this is such a really sad movie 2 watch but its such a brilliant movie 2 watch with a good cast throguhout this movie.......

• May 31, 2014

Moral of the story is that nothing will ever change in politics and expressing your freedom of speech comes with a hevy price, that it simply isn't worth the hassle. Inspired me to do NOTHING.