Beauty and the Beast - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Beauty and the Beast Reviews

December 17, 2017
Best disney animated feature film ever with the amazing storyline to the beautiful animation and the amazing musical numbers I feel that this is definitely my favorite animated film.
½ November 14, 2017
This is a Disneys movie and it made in 1991. In Japan, this movie was released in 1992. This story is originally a French folktale. In 2017, A live-action film was created based on this anime.

This story is love story. I think this is the good movie. I rewatched this because this anime remade a live-action film in 2017. This is reason why I watched the film.
It makes me happy and excitement. Because this story's world is beautiful and hopeful. And music which used in this movie makes me relax. This music looks like musical music. I especially like that when Belle and the beast dancing. This song expressed changing the beast mind since they met. So if you were upset, I would recommend watching it. You will be moved.
In my opinion, nowadays society is not kind, hopeful and there is no love. Moreover there are many stressful things. But this story has all types of love. So you can touch with love to watch it. I really recommend to watch.

Once upon a time, there was a beautiful woman whose name is Belle. One day, her father went to other place but he lost his way, and he went a castle which owner is beast. Instead of him, Bell was captured by the beast forever. Bell thought the beast is bad man but as they are getting along with, she thinks he is a good guy. So this is love story and it tells you true love.

Love has many kinds of types. "If you judge people by appearance, you can't touch real love." I think this sentence is this movie's main opinion. In general, people judge by appearance. For example, Japanese people feel fear when they saw tattoo man. But actually, tattoo man is kind to people. Like that, there are many experiences in our life so this movie tell me about importance to love everything.

All story takes you anywhere. So if you want to know how to love and kind to other people, I recommend to watch this movie. You can realize that what is "true love."
November 13, 2017
Beauty and the Beast

"Beauty and the Beast" is one of the most famous Disney animated features, and it was made in 1991. It was nominated for an Academy Award, and won the Academy Award for Original Music and the Academy Award for Best Original Song.

I could really enjoy watching this movie. The story begins with a simple background of the beast, so I could easily understand and go into the world of the story. Also, this movie includes a lot of amusing songs, and thanks to them, I could learn the names, characters, and hobbies of the main characters happily.

In this story, a selfish and arrogant prince was changed into a horrible beast by the magic of the witch as a punishment of judging people from their appearance, because she thought that he should learn the importance of having a tender heart. To become a human again, the beast had to find a "true love" to become more kind.

One day, he came across Belle, who was the most beautiful girl in the town. At first, Belle was just a prisoner of the beast, but they were gradually attracted to each other. I like the process that the beast changes his attitude toward Belle. At the beginning, he treated her roughly against his real intention. For example, when she refused his invitation for dinner, he got angry soon and shouted at her not to come to dinner, although he actually wanted to have dinner with her. However, he tried to draw her attention in various ways, receiving some advice from his servants. The awkwardness of the beast's behavior was somehow pretty and healed my mind. Belle also changes her mind as she finds the beast's kindness. I felt like supporting them to see their pure love.

Above all, it was good that Belle and the beast were attracted to each other's mind, not their appearance, because I think we cannot identify people only from their appearance. In fact, I have met people who look formidable, but were actually very gentle many times. I think that paying attention to people's mind is really important not only for Belle and the beast, but also for us in order to find a "true love."

We could learn some important lessons from this story, such as "Do not judge people from their appearance" and "Be kind to others." I think this movie is worth watching for men and women of all ages.
½ November 10, 2017
La versión animada de "La Bella y la Bestia" (basada en la versión abreviada que Jeanne-Marie Leprince de Beaumont escribió a partir de la historia original de Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve), bebe mucho de la hermosa cinta de 1946 dirigida por Jean Cocteau y la que continúa siendo la versión definitiva de la historia acerca de una hermosa mujer enamorada de un feo hombre.

Actualmente, esta cinta de 1991, es reconocida una de las mejores películas animadas de los estudios Disney e hizo parte de un "renacimiento" que se inició con "The Little Mermaid" y que continuó con esta cinta, "Aladdin" y "The Lion King". También fue una de las primeras cintas de Disney en fusionar la animación tradicional y artesanal con la animación hecha por computador y cuenta con unos excelentes números musicales compuestas por la dupla de Howard Ashman y Alan Menken.

Su gran mérito está en que logra meter de lleno al espectador en un maravilloso mundo de fantasía y logra hacernos sentir el amor, el conflicto, el temor y los prejuicios de sus personajes de una manera elocuente y muy efectiva.

La independencia y empoderamiento de Belle, la protagonista, de alguna manera se ve afectado por el final (fiel a las obras originales), en el que su objeto de amor, la Bestia, se convierte en un hombre apuesto, menoscabando el mensaje acerca del valor de la belleza interior. Pero, al final, el hermoso viaje estético y emocional de la cinta supera sus contradicciones.
½ November 4, 2017
One of Disney's best movies. There's no denying it.
November 4, 2017
Seemless Mix Of Computer Technology Into The Hand Drawn Cartoon. Just Fantastic. Story & Characters & Music Also All Fabulous! The Story Radiates So Well In The Animated Format With Glowing Colours & Beautifully Crafted Camera / Shooting Work.
October 26, 2017
a Masterpiece Disney movie for our childhood so much in 1991
½ October 16, 2017
A stunning piece. This animation is from 1991??? What?? It's just so good, and the songs are certainyl better then most songs. Amazing!
October 2, 2017
The best disney movie
September 20, 2017
Loved it! Cute! Adam was nicer in this version!
September 8, 2017
Long time no see, Beauty and The Beast. While Romance has been a faded concern on my mind, not my important thing in life anymore, I can still faintly remember bits and points of your music.

And

I challenge anyone to try to dislike this beautiful wonderful musical stylized love story.
September 2, 2017
Such a good classic movie that you know makes a good fairy tale that people will enjoy as well as the music I like Bell and the Beast dancing I would show your kids this fairy tale
August 21, 2017
If there was any Disney movie that is my absolute favorite, Beauty and the Beast is definitely the one!!! Everything in this classic is Disney perfection!! From the songs to the animation, the story to the characters, this is an absolute Disney masterpiece for the ages!!!
½ August 19, 2017
A classic movie that hasn't lost its reputation for 26 years, a near perfect Disney movie.
½ August 18, 2017
As someone who typically enjoys live action over animation, this was a real pleasure to watch. With great characters, witty dialogue, and a fantastic emotional pull, this is a gorgeous and charming film that will be remembered!
August 16, 2017
Beauty and the Beast is cinematic animated masterpiece that not only appeals to younger viewers, but to adults as well. Apart for it's contribution to Disney, it has fantastic storytelling of a traditional fairy-tale and including memorable characters.
And also being the first ever animated feature to win an Oscar and Golden Globe and was adapted into a Broadway production!
August 13, 2017
this movie is garbage the characters are not likeable I watch this movie and it was not good I think I rather watch promuthues, alien, aliens, alien3
predator, predator 2, hunch back of notre dame and of course transformers the last knight, and gurdians of the galaxy vol 2
August 3, 2017
Magical, wonderful and powerful. Beauty and the Beast had an imapct in pop culture animation. Belle is the first princess that felt a good role model to girls and the Beast an character with issues that people can relate to.
Arguably one of the best musicals ever, with very enduring and catching characters, strong moments, and a charm that only Disney could achive.

|It's a 9,5 out of 10|
August 1, 2017
Simply put, the best Disney movie of them all! Great message, animation, score etc!
½ July 15, 2017
This was one of my Mom's favorite movies, even though I was the kid at the time. She made us go and see it at least five times in theater. It has some good songs and amazingly good animation with marked a golden era of Disney animation.