Beauty and the Beast - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Beauty and the Beast Reviews

September 20, 2017
Loved it! Cute! Adam was nicer in this version!
September 8, 2017
Long time no see, Beauty and The Beast. While Romance has been a faded concern on my mind, not my important thing in life anymore, I can still faintly remember bits and points of your music.

And

I challenge anyone to try to dislike this beautiful wonderful musical stylized love story.
September 2, 2017
Such a good classic movie that you know makes a good fairy tale that people will enjoy as well as the music I like Bell and the Beast dancing I would show your kids this fairy tale
August 21, 2017
If there was any Disney movie that is my absolute favorite, Beauty and the Beast is definitely the one!!! Everything in this classic is Disney perfection!! From the songs to the animation, the story to the characters, this is an absolute Disney masterpiece for the ages!!!
½ August 19, 2017
A classic movie that hasn't lost its reputation for 26 years, a near perfect Disney movie.
½ August 18, 2017
As someone who typically enjoys live action over animation, this was a real pleasure to watch. With great characters, witty dialogue, and a fantastic emotional pull, this is a gorgeous and charming film that will be remembered!
August 16, 2017
Beauty and the Beast is cinematic animated masterpiece that not only appeals to younger viewers, but to adults as well. Apart for it's contribution to Disney, it has fantastic storytelling of a traditional fairy-tale and including memorable characters.
And also being the first ever animated feature to win an Oscar and Golden Globe and was adapted into a Broadway production!
August 13, 2017
this movie is garbage the characters are not likeable I watch this movie and it was not good I think I rather watch promuthues, alien, aliens, alien3
predator, predator 2, hunch back of notre dame and of course transformers the last knight, and gurdians of the galaxy vol 2
August 3, 2017
Magical, wonderful and powerful. Beauty and the Beast had an imapct in pop culture animation. Belle is the first princess that felt a good role model to girls and the Beast an character with issues that people can relate to.
Arguably one of the best musicals ever, with very enduring and catching characters, strong moments, and a charm that only Disney could achive.

|It's a 9,5 out of 10|
August 1, 2017
Simply put, the best Disney movie of them all! Great message, animation, score etc!
½ July 15, 2017
This was one of my Mom's favorite movies, even though I was the kid at the time. She made us go and see it at least five times in theater. It has some good songs and amazingly good animation with marked a golden era of Disney animation.
July 13, 2017
No further evidence is needed for proving Disney the greatest whitewasher of all evil storytelling. Whether you consider Beauty and the Beast a metaphor for lost male and female communication, or some kind of deranged "positive spin" on Stockholm Syndrome, the magic of the movie is in its depiction of desperation. Each character is a ticking time bomb of obsessive need - to see the inevitable clash of alpha egos Gaston and the Beast, still pales in comparison to witnessing Belle's spiraling addiction to *feel something* out of this world. The music by Alan Menken and Howard Ashman is what makes the story epic and ultimately satisfying to a mainstream audience (who definitely doesn't "get" the subtext). This is a true opera of passion imploding from three lost souls who can barely communicate in English, but who elicit the ugliest and the most beautiful chords of human desire.

I know most movie fans see Gaston as the antagonist, but in my mind, he is actually the secondary villain, dwarfed by The Beast himself-an admittedly selfish man, with a short and borderline abusive temper. Disney tackles some relentlessly mature subjects and getting a self-effacing library nerd together with a narcissistic, anthromorphic bully, to the happy tune of a singing, dancing teapot, is no easy creative feat. Beauty and the Beast also struck me as a very dark tale, regardless of its tacked on happy ending. Belle falls for The Beast only after his demise, brought on by his one act of unselfishness, but inevitably loses him along the way. Oh sure, she got the human prince in a magical resurrection but the Beast that she loved, the man who truly made her suppressed passions burn, was forever lost. And the funniest thing is, you can literally see disappointment all over her face as she stares at the viewer in subdued, kid-friendly, buyer's remorse.
July 9, 2017
Sweet, beautifully animated and bursting with touching songs, Beauty and the Beast shines as one of Disney's finest to date.
½ July 5, 2017
Simply magical, "Beauty and the Beast" is an all time favourite. With its spectacular music sequences, carismatic characters and beautiful and, often polemic, messages and allegories! Surely, one of the best animation movies of all time! Only that plot hole about the Beast's age is absolutely non-sense. Disney should had been more careful about that. But that detail didn't avoid the movie of being awesome!
July 3, 2017
Disney's absolute best. A work of art. Every aspect of this movie is fantastic.
June 26, 2017
One of the best Disney Movies
June 25, 2017
Favorite Disney Movie
½ June 22, 2017
This animated classic has great acting, fantastic story, and unbelievable music!
June 10, 2017
A flawless masterpiece of animation that is up there as one of Disney's greatest works of art that has ever been created.
June 9, 2017
One of my favorite movies!