Beauty and the Beast - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Beauty and the Beast Reviews

½ October 24, 2016
I had never seen this before last night. This is a near-perfect animated film.
October 8, 2016
My go-to tearjerker movie made for kids. With highly memorable and catchy songs made by a lot of Broadway-ish talent involved, and with a timeless storyline Americanized by the finest at Disney (On par or even better I think to the original French version), it's a classic that holds up well to several viewings.
½ October 8, 2016
Disney's best Princess film (maybe best non-golden era film objectively). Incredible music, amazing animation (particularly on Beast and Gaston), a great story, and characters with surprising depth by Disney standards. There's not much not to like.
October 5, 2016
Everything from the animation, to the characters, to the songs. It's all just priceless! My favorite animated motion picture of all time! I mean, damn! That wolf attack scene always has me tearing up, thinking that something tragic is going to happen! And the artwork, the interiors, really spooky, but very powerful! I don't know what else to say about it! Go check it out, now!
September 27, 2016
Especially after watching the 25th anniversary restored version, it might just possibly be Disney's best two-dimensional (not including the rare inserted 3D parts) movie ever, aside from maybe Snow White. It's theme and feel are what tend to really sell it, along with the insanely clever storyline and not to mention the good stage-performance-type musical numbers. It is indeed a sheer classic when it comes to the more "pre-modern" age of Disney animated films. Not to mention a childhood classic as well. None could really compare to this one.
½ September 25, 2016
Still the best Disney cartoon ever, but once you've been spoiled by Cocteau, you realize this film was done by rank amateurs in comparison.
September 20, 2016
Long time no see, Beauty and The Beast. While Romance has been a faded concern on my mind, not my important thing in life anymore, I can still faintly remember bits and points of your music.

I challenge anyone to try to dislike this beautiful wonderful musical stylized love story.
September 11, 2016
Beauty and the Beast was a Disney Masterpiece!
September 8, 2016
One of my all time favorite disney movies, I love the animation the story the characters everything about this animated film was thoought out amazingly.
September 5, 2016
Best animated movie ever!
August 30, 2016
Ahh yes, the nostalgia and atmosphere out of this beautiful fantastic animated feature. Me, Jacob and Liam really enjoyed quoting dialogue and songs from this fantastic classic, Beauty and the Beast. Oh, how beautiful it is, how wonderful the adventure is and how amazing the animation is. It's speechless how great this film was and it still is. Why? Because this is the first Disney animated feature to be nominated for Best Picture. I've watched from years ago and says so itself. Remember when I said in The Silence of the Lambs Beauty and the Beast is nominated for Best Picture but lost to The Silence of the Lambs. The actors and actresses won and nomiated for Best Actor and Best Actress but I forgot to mention the directors for Best Director. That's oscars worthy. When I think of Best Pictures I can rate them a 9/10 and 10/10 because THAT'S a promise to the people of all country. If they rate them a 8/10 or whatever that's fine. Much like Best Picture though I have looked upon IMDB's Top 250 films of all time but I think it haven't rated it anymore but hey I just rate them 9 and 10/10, you guys just rated them whatever you want, your opinions. Now I will talk the characters, the animation, the story and the visuals. By god! The visuals are amazing! The ballroom scene is just beyond fantastic and beautiful! People who watch this scene will heartwarmed and chilled when Mrs Potts singing Beauty and the Beast tagline ''Tale as old as Time''. The songs are catchy and wonderful. My friends Liam Fleming and Jacob Dimmock and I were singing those songs. These Belle the town song, Gaston which is my favorite, Be Our Guest, Beauty and the Beast aka Tale as old as Time and the catchiest song ever the mob song Kill the Beast. The theme song Beauty and the Beast sung by Peabo Bryson and Celine Dion it's so beautiful and so wonderful. It's just BEYOND! When I was a kid I listen to it a million times and never gets old. I talk about the others when I review this.The characters are so memorable and never forgetable, Belle is wonderful and independent, Beast is an horrifying beast who is human who had no love in his heart and the enchantress turned him into a beast, Gaston is a villian who wants Belle to be his wife, Lefou is Gaston's sidekick. Actually just looking at these two certainly looks like us. I look like Gaston with the muscles and personality and Jacob looks like Lefou cause he's a little short but yeah, Gaston and Lefou are one of my favorite characters. The side characters for example Lumiere, Cogsworth, Mrs Potts and Chip are funny too. I think again me and Jacob look like these two as well. I look like Lumiere and Jacob looks like Cogsworth because of his personality. And last but not least Maurice Belle's father. People always make fun of him because he's crazy because he saw the beast. That's why he's crazy just like Gaston and Lefou says but Belle thinks he's not crazy so people laugh at him and send him to the asylum. There's a scene where Maurice and his horse on the trip to the fair but got lost in the forest but Maurice makes me laugh. Actually when I was a kid the movie scare the hell out of me much like The Jungle Book though and yeah it's a kids film and it's suitable for all ages. When the beast turns back into a human and him and Belle lived happily ever after. People fell in love with the beast because you call him Beast. What's his real name? Do people just keep calling him Beast when he was turned into a human? When I was a kid I don't know his real name. Oh well. The animation is just beautiful and fantastic like I said to the ballroom scene, the animation is amazing. The animators use the animation called Traditional animation. That's means hand drawn animation and computer animation. Mix together to make the animation look amazing. Now I know what you're thinking. Traditional animation is dead. Yeah, I know that because I've watch the Animats reviews. There's a lyricist called Howard Ashman Alan Menken's friend who died years when he worked on the product. There's a disclaimer at the end of the credits saying ''TO OUR FRIEND, HOWARD, WHO GAVE A MERMAID HER VOICE AND A BEAST HIS SOUL, WE WILL BE FOREVER GREATFUL''. Wow! He really is a really good man. Anyways, that's all I can say about it. It has been a pleasure to review this wonderful Disney animated feature filled with lovable characters, beautiful animation, storytelling and directing and producing which really makes the best Disney animated feature to ever be nominated for Best Picture. The voice acting is great, the singing is great. it's just frigging fantastic! No movie collection is complete without Walt Disney Classic Beauty and the Beast. Be Our Guest and enjoy this wonderful and beautiful entertainment with your friends and families. This is one my favorite Disney animated classics of all time. Me and my friends Jacob and Liam are forever greatful.

Walt Disney's classic Beauty and the Beast.
August 28, 2016
To this day, it is films like this that have set a high bar for future films to aim for. Disney did indeed create a masterpiece. With a wonderful story, complex characters, and subtle but mind-blowing details, Beauty and the Beast, without a doubt, is far from a simple animated flick. It is a film that carefully unveils its plot and characters in a magnificent way that enthralls the minds of viewers. Truly, this is a tale as old as time.
August 24, 2016
This is what fairy tales should be about. That women who are well read donot marry goofs like Gaston. Pleasant change after seeing scores of movies where the woman always messes up and the man picks up after her. Excited for the 2017 version
August 23, 2016
July 13th 2011
May 20th 2015
August 23rd 2016
August 20, 2016
Incredibly Enchanting! This is my personal favorite Disney movie
½ August 15, 2016
Beauty and the Beast is fantastic with its enchantment and emotion!
August 12, 2016
Arguably the greatest Disney movie of all time, though if you want to argue it's not then you're an idiot. This is the first time the studio revisited the popular "fairy-tale" theme since 1959's Sleeping Beauty and it feels like they made up for 30 years of time in one magnificent feature. Embracing the Broadway-musical format once again, it's pure entertainment from beginning to end. With fervent emotion and a dynamic story, the script is funny and poignant while allowing each character to develop meaningfully. The high-point of the Disney Rennaisance, the collection of talent involved here demonstrates the creative power that the studio possesses. Full of plenty of amazing technical craft and a set of wonderfully theatrical musical numbers, it's no wonder this was the first animated movie nominated for Best Picture in the 64 years of the Academy Awards. Beauty and the Beast remains a cultural phenomenon and its characters are some of the most recognizable in animation history. On top of becoming an actual Broadway musical (first Disney film to do so), it's also being remade into a live-action film set to come out in 2016.
August 11, 2016
Such a lovely movie.
August 9, 2016
Beauty and the Beast is heartwarming, funny, clever, and charming. An instant classic turned into a movie. Disney does a great job bringing this movie to life. Brilliant! I would very much suggest this movie.