Beauty and the Beast - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Beauty and the Beast Reviews

½ May 19, 2018
Featuring a timeless story, 'Beauty and the Beast' is one of Disney's most spectacular animated films that is as engaging as it is emotional and contains a soundtrack of many iconic musical numbers.
April 23, 2018
Beauty and the Beast: Diamond Edition
Directed By: Gary Trousdale and Kirk Wise
Starring: Paige O'Hara, Robby Benson, Angela Lansbury, and Jerry Orbach
Plot: Prince Adam was cursed to a beast form by Enchantress who saw no love in his arrogant heart for others. The one way he could break the spell was to learn to love another and earn her love in return before the last petal from his enchanted rose fell, which would bloom until his twenty-first birthday. But who could ever learn to love a beast? Ten years later, Maurice, an inventor from a nearby village, becomes lost in the woods and seeks shelter in the Beast's castle; the Beast imprisons him for trespassing. His daughter Belle, a bookworm who dreams of life outside her provincial village, finds him trapped in the castle and offers her place in his stead. The Beast accepts with a promise she'll remain in the castle forever. In the beginning Belle views him as nothing more than a monster, he views her as difficult and stubborn. But the two soon taste the bitter-sweetness of finding you can change and learning you were wrong.
Review: This is the quintessential Disney and cartoon movie ever and I'm not just saying that because it's one of my personal favorites. This movie has something for everyone Action, Adventure, Romance, and Musical like I said everything. I can watch this film over and over and still be entertained I watched twice this week already. What can I say? I can't think of any more ways to tell you that this movie is great.
Rating: 10/10
Recommendation: Buy, Buy, Buy, on Blu-Ray it's Amazing and also it will be back in theaters soon for a release in 3-D.
March 30, 2018
The first animated film ever nominated for Best Picture at the Academy Awards, Beauty and the Beast, despite the existence of the mediocre remake still remains a crown jewel in the Disney canon thanks to the late, great Howard Ashman's musical numbers, the touching love story between Belle (Paige o' Hara) and the Beast (Robby Benson) and the groundbreaking background and character animation from the likes of Glen Keane and the CAPS system. A "tale as old as time" that'll never be forgotten in animation history.
michael e.
½ March 29, 2018
This is one of those movies that I don't really need to explain why it is so good because lets face it, we've all seen it and we all know the reasons why its so good. The music is incredibly well composed by Alan Menken, the characters are all colorful and are all very fun, my favorite being Lumiere, the actors are well chosen for their parts and all do fantastic jobs, The story is great, and the animation is just flat out amazing. The only thing I don't like about it is Gaston, and I honestly think he is the most bland of the Disney villains and the most annoying. Other than that I can find no flaws with this film its just a masterpiece of a Disney film and it was well worth the Golden Globe for best picture.
March 13, 2018
a classic but has actually been improved upon by the 2017 remake
February 24, 2018
I grew up with this movie, and its a timeless classic. But another thing makes it even more relevant for me; my Uncle Kenneth is on the animation team :)

He worked on the background characters and objects.
January 11, 2018
It's nearly a masterpiece, a pure joy to watch for adults and children alike. The songs, the animation, the romance, all is magical and absolutely elevating. Timeless modern picture from Disney.
January 8, 2018
BEST MOVIE MUSICAL EVER
January 7, 2018
Outstanding. Engaging all the way through, and every song is a hit on it's own. The ballroom scene in particular is magnificent.
January 7, 2018
Classic Disney movie.
½ December 19, 2017
Puntaje Original: 7.0

Una obra maestra de Disney, increíble trabajo artístico y de animación, además de una historia con toque moderno y más que satisfactoria para la audiencia.
December 17, 2017
Best disney animated feature film ever with the amazing storyline to the beautiful animation and the amazing musical numbers I feel that this is definitely my favorite animated film.
½ November 14, 2017
This is a Disneys movie and it made in 1991. In Japan, this movie was released in 1992. This story is originally a French folktale. In 2017, A live-action film was created based on this anime.

This story is love story. I think this is the good movie. I rewatched this because this anime remade a live-action film in 2017. This is reason why I watched the film.
It makes me happy and excitement. Because this story's world is beautiful and hopeful. And music which used in this movie makes me relax. This music looks like musical music. I especially like that when Belle and the beast dancing. This song expressed changing the beast mind since they met. So if you were upset, I would recommend watching it. You will be moved.
In my opinion, nowadays society is not kind, hopeful and there is no love. Moreover there are many stressful things. But this story has all types of love. So you can touch with love to watch it. I really recommend to watch.

Once upon a time, there was a beautiful woman whose name is Belle. One day, her father went to other place but he lost his way, and he went a castle which owner is beast. Instead of him, Bell was captured by the beast forever. Bell thought the beast is bad man but as they are getting along with, she thinks he is a good guy. So this is love story and it tells you true love.

Love has many kinds of types. "If you judge people by appearance, you can't touch real love." I think this sentence is this movie's main opinion. In general, people judge by appearance. For example, Japanese people feel fear when they saw tattoo man. But actually, tattoo man is kind to people. Like that, there are many experiences in our life so this movie tell me about importance to love everything.

All story takes you anywhere. So if you want to know how to love and kind to other people, I recommend to watch this movie. You can realize that what is "true love."
November 13, 2017
Beauty and the Beast

"Beauty and the Beast" is one of the most famous Disney animated features, and it was made in 1991. It was nominated for an Academy Award, and won the Academy Award for Original Music and the Academy Award for Best Original Song.

I could really enjoy watching this movie. The story begins with a simple background of the beast, so I could easily understand and go into the world of the story. Also, this movie includes a lot of amusing songs, and thanks to them, I could learn the names, characters, and hobbies of the main characters happily.

In this story, a selfish and arrogant prince was changed into a horrible beast by the magic of the witch as a punishment of judging people from their appearance, because she thought that he should learn the importance of having a tender heart. To become a human again, the beast had to find a "true love" to become more kind.

One day, he came across Belle, who was the most beautiful girl in the town. At first, Belle was just a prisoner of the beast, but they were gradually attracted to each other. I like the process that the beast changes his attitude toward Belle. At the beginning, he treated her roughly against his real intention. For example, when she refused his invitation for dinner, he got angry soon and shouted at her not to come to dinner, although he actually wanted to have dinner with her. However, he tried to draw her attention in various ways, receiving some advice from his servants. The awkwardness of the beast's behavior was somehow pretty and healed my mind. Belle also changes her mind as she finds the beast's kindness. I felt like supporting them to see their pure love.

Above all, it was good that Belle and the beast were attracted to each other's mind, not their appearance, because I think we cannot identify people only from their appearance. In fact, I have met people who look formidable, but were actually very gentle many times. I think that paying attention to people's mind is really important not only for Belle and the beast, but also for us in order to find a "true love."

We could learn some important lessons from this story, such as "Do not judge people from their appearance" and "Be kind to others." I think this movie is worth watching for men and women of all ages.
½ November 10, 2017
La versión animada de "La Bella y la Bestia" (basada en la versión abreviada que Jeanne-Marie Leprince de Beaumont escribió a partir de la historia original de Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve), bebe mucho de la hermosa cinta de 1946 dirigida por Jean Cocteau y la que continúa siendo la versión definitiva de la historia acerca de una hermosa mujer enamorada de un feo hombre.

Actualmente, esta cinta de 1991, es reconocida una de las mejores películas animadas de los estudios Disney e hizo parte de un "renacimiento" que se inició con "The Little Mermaid" y que continuó con esta cinta, "Aladdin" y "The Lion King". También fue una de las primeras cintas de Disney en fusionar la animación tradicional y artesanal con la animación hecha por computador y cuenta con unos excelentes números musicales compuestas por la dupla de Howard Ashman y Alan Menken.

Su gran mérito está en que logra meter de lleno al espectador en un maravilloso mundo de fantasía y logra hacernos sentir el amor, el conflicto, el temor y los prejuicios de sus personajes de una manera elocuente y muy efectiva.

La independencia y empoderamiento de Belle, la protagonista, de alguna manera se ve afectado por el final (fiel a las obras originales), en el que su objeto de amor, la Bestia, se convierte en un hombre apuesto, menoscabando el mensaje acerca del valor de la belleza interior. Pero, al final, el hermoso viaje estético y emocional de la cinta supera sus contradicciones.
½ November 10, 2017

½ November 4, 2017
One of Disney's best movies. There's no denying it.
November 4, 2017
Seemless Mix Of Computer Technology Into The Hand Drawn Cartoon. Just Fantastic. Story & Characters & Music Also All Fabulous! The Story Radiates So Well In The Animated Format With Glowing Colours & Beautifully Crafted Camera / Shooting Work.
October 26, 2017
a Masterpiece Disney movie for our childhood so much in 1991
½ October 16, 2017
A stunning piece. This animation is from 1991??? What?? It's just so good, and the songs are certainyl better then most songs. Amazing!