The Black Cauldron Reviews

• 2d ago

Just watch it! It is not good though.

Just watch it! It is not good though.

• Jul 30, 2020

The Black Cauldron feels like somebody trying to tell a very complicated story in the simplest of terms. Yes, Gurgi is an adorable character, but the rest are fairly unremarkable. Also, Disney's budget must have been slashed for this movie, because the animation looks shoddy. I saw this one when I was a kid, but didn't really remember it, and I'm pretty sure I'll forget it again soon.

• Jul 13, 2020

One of Disney's best even if its scary images chase off the young viewers.

One of Disney's best even if its scary images chase off the young viewers.

• Jun 20, 2020

I can already feel the cult classic people coming for me, but, besides the fact that the horned king absolutely terrified me even at twenty-seven, making him a truly underrated and terrifying villain, the rest was dull and par for the course, and included a lot of unnecessary characters.

• Jun 08, 2020

Dark and bizarre. It still kept me interested with the story and it's fantasy. Not sure if I'd have kids watch it though.

• May 17, 2020

I don't feel like giving it a low rating because of the many scenes that (unfortunately) the audience of the time had cut that helped to understand the plot that result incomplete in some points. I would pay to see the original film with those scenes but they are unfortunately lost for some brainless moralist of the time.

• May 16, 2020

The movie feels very bland and really slow

The movie feels very bland and really slow

• Apr 15, 2020

Ambitious but flawed, The Black Cauldron is technically brilliant as usual, but lacks the compelling characters of other Disney animated classics.

• Apr 10, 2020

The Black Cauldron is one of the most underrrated Disney movie in the film history. But, in my opinion, is modern than other Disney movies i´ve seen since i was a child. This movie needs a remake. It´s dark, magical, without songs, and with a forgotten princess (Eilonwy). And the soundtrack by Elmer Bernstein it´s one of the best. It´s true that this film wasn´t successful in 1985, but as time goes by, people still don't forget it, that´s why becuase Disney decided to published in VHS in 1998. Disney tried to forgot us this film, but he failed. In conclusion, this film is better than Snow White, Frozen and Pinocchio. It must be have an extended cut with PG-13 qualification. I recommend this film. !!!

• Apr 05, 2020

Disney's first attempt at a more darker film but is suprisngly good and a nice film to watch with one of Disney's most underrated villain