Reviews

• Nov 17, 2021

A surprisingly accurate movie theologically with thought-provoking subplots (what would you do if you were God? What would be the ramifications of our sinful inclinations when combined with the powers of God? How does God's power interact with free will? etc). The unique romantic comedy combines with those theological conundrums to create a story that is both mentally stimulating and entertaining. The only knocks on this movie from a family perspective are some sexual situations/innuendo, language and a flip of the bird.

• Nov 14, 2021

A television field reporter for a local station in Buffalo, New York blames God for all the wrongs in his life and claims he can do God's job better than him. Then God takes him up on that offer. The first two acts of this movie are hard to watch as Bruce makes bad decision after bad decision. The final act does a good job bringing it all together and giving you the warm-fuzzies by the end. Jim Carrey does a great job in the title role with his over reactions putting us in his shoes really well. I believe I will forever see Morgan Freeman whenever I picture God from now on. The message is good here, but I think the enjoyment of this movie depends on if you can get through the first half of it.

• Jul 09, 2021

Flawed, sure, but who genuinely doesn't want to see the "if only I was God" premise played out by Jim Carrey? It doesn't go down the pious route - which wouldn't be believable - but Bruce tries to use this power for personal gain. There's some amusement in here and Carrey's 'everyman' character does come across fairly believably. Morgan Freeman also makes a good God, I think it's fair to say.

• Jul 05, 2021

It just kept me entertained. 6.3, C+

It just kept me entertained. 6.3, C+

• Jun 09, 2021

What a great idea for a movie and who better than Jim Carrey to turn it into something really fantastic? But like so many films of this ilk, the premise fails to reach its potential as either a good comedy or a meaningful message.

• Jun 07, 2021

Unfunny comedy only has a few laugh out loud jokes.

Unfunny comedy only has a few laugh out loud jokes.

• May 30, 2021

I have no idea why this movie got so much negative feedback, I really enjoyed it. Rating: 77%

• May 15, 2021

I love this movie and period. 9/10

I love this movie and period. 9/10

• Mar 20, 2021

The funniest Jim Carrey comedy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The funniest Jim Carrey comedy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Feb 07, 2021