Cannibal Holocaust Reviews

• Nov 15, 2019

Me ha parecido una buena película, además hay que aplaudir a ruggero deodato por introducir esta técnica del metraje encontrado. Me pareció una buena película de culto con un mensaje entendible llevado desde lo perverso que puede llegar a ser el hombre además de una increíble banda sonora, aclaro que no estoy de acuerdo con las muertes de los animales ya que pienso que con otras técnicas se podría haber llevado al realismo, sin nada más que decir cierro este comentario diciendo que es un gran film 👏👏

• Jul 04, 2019

This movie is disturbing, vile, nasty, controversial, effective, layered, ingenious and a masterpiece.

• May 16, 2019

The appeal of this movie lies in its effects, using real violence towards animals as a catalyst to disguise faked violence directed towards humans. There's not much else going for the movie. The characters are nothing special, the plot is silly at best and hypocritical at worst, and the supposed moral conflict seems to be "shades of gray" in a situation that's flagrantly "black and white".

• Mar 23, 2019

The film is very well made. The soundtrack is great. I though the acting was good, and I like that they actually filmed the movie in the amazon rainforest. But the animal cruelty in this film is disgusting, and it really takes you out of it. If you wanted to have animals getting killed in your film you could easily just used a fake puppet turtle or something. And it's not just a turtle who gets killed in the film, it's a monkey, a snake, a pig, a tarantella and some more, and killing for the sake of entertainment is never okay! And it's sad because this could be a great film and the movie has some iconic scenes like the girl on the pole. But I can't praise a film that has real animal cruelty in it.

• Feb 09, 2019

The most emotionally scaring movie ive ever seen

The most emotionally scaring movie ive ever seen

• Feb 02, 2019

This movie lacks in good writing what it overdoes in real animal violence, and has mediocre "human" gore overall. The rape scenes are well acomplished, wich makes me wonder how it hasn't been difamated as a bad movie that uses actual violence to spark things up.

• Jan 06, 2019

It's a masterpiece of shock cinema, but damn is it hard to sit through. Especially most contemporary audiences, they're going to have a hard time accepting it. It's a repugnant movie that packs a hell of a wallop. If you have a week composure, you should probably stay away. The soothing, dream-like music also magnifies the horror on screen. I've seen it a few times now, and still it's like a punch in the gut.

• Nov 30, 2018

Shock value mockumentary horror.

Shock value mockumentary horror.

• Sep 27, 2018

A very crazy and disturbing movie. The gore and killings of live animals provides shock value. The plot is good, showcasing the relationships between native tribes and the first humans to come into contact with them. This film/project would not be allowed to go forward in the current time. Which sort of makes it special bc you'll never see stuff like on film again. Mind you I understand how stupid that point is using the example of a snuff film. So I guess it depends on what's acceptable to you and what isn't.

• Jun 22, 2018

It's a bit difficult to defend this film, and I'm not just talking about the real animal death. One could argue that it serves a purpose ... in a documentary style film, fake violence has more impact when the edges reality is blurred by alternating it with real violence ... but that surely doesn't excuse anyone from taking life in order to make an exploitation film. I find it difficult to defend because it frequently crosses a line and delves into the pit of nasty cruelty. It's a muddled, hypocritical film that condemns the savagery of western civilization while savagely dehumanizing the people it purports to defend. I do defend this film though because it's a fiercely effective film that somehow feels enhanced by it's confusion and hypocrisy. Most cannibal films are pure exploitative garbage (which doesn't necessarily mean I don't like them, but it means they aren't much more than what they seem to be), but this one transcends that swamp in the last half hour and achieves something a bit like art. Not art ... but something a bit like it. I wonder who the real hypocrites are?