Cars 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cars 2 Reviews

May 26, 2017
A lot of people hate Cars 2 and think it's Pixar's worst movie yet. I personally thought it was just OK, but yes, even I'll have to agree that this is certainly Pixar's weakest effort.
May 25, 2017
The great CGI and great voice casting are the only real pros of this film. Both of which, unfortunately, won't save this sequel from a flawed story and idiotic premise.
½ May 11, 2017
A funny family movie. That doesn't mean that it is a good movie
May 6, 2017
Ok this was highly underrated. People say it wasn't good because it didn't feel like the 1st cars movie... SO APPARENTLY ITS BAD FOR A SEQUAL TO BE UNIQUE?????? WHAT THE HELL. The story is good. The voice acting is good, and I like that they focused on mater.
(Sigh) and because it's a sequel 95 % of modern people says it's bad before the even give it a chance. I'm exited for cars 3, you bet I'm seeing it!!!!!!
May 4, 2017
its like im watching fast and furious but with stupid animation and annoying voices.
May 4, 2017
Can they stop making the movie cars!!! Boo
April 30, 2017
Great film I enjoyed it the first one is slightly better in my opinion
April 26, 2017
Felt nothing like the original and the plot was too confusing.
½ April 22, 2017
This is that rare thing: a franchise that grows more winning with each installment.
It had a great moral, the screenplay was awesome by Ben Queen, it was well written & directed by John Lasseter and last but not least, it was very well animated.
April 22, 2017
Making Mater the main character was a horrible mistake. It was fun to see the expanded car-universe, but everything else about this film was just bad.
½ April 12, 2017
This movie is actually not as bad as people make it out to be.
In comparison with other Pixar movies, this movie is not their best.
In comparison with animated movies in general; this film is not bad.

I think the main flaw is that the story follows Mater rather than McQueen and that this film focuses on spies rather than racing. I really like the first Cars movie, and this movie will never live up to the standards of the first one.

However, the animation is great and the time does go by quite quickly. Remember, this film is made for children and if they enjoy it - then it's good enough for me.
April 3, 2017
This movie seemed petty enjoyable, Pixar does its best, even though mater stole the show, it was pretty good. Let's get that bucket filled, I'm hoping Cars 3 gets Certified Fresh, and let's make Cars 2 Fresh or Certified Fresh like every other Pixar movie!
½ March 27, 2017
A discrace to a once respected franchise lacking the heart or character of the last film. I look down on you Pixar for this one.
March 27, 2017
hi natasha cosper i see cars2 i love dt movie
March 26, 2017
The first BAD movie from one of my favorite animation studios Pixar (wait you already knew that). Cars 2 is bland, loud, obnoxious and lazily done. HOW COULD YOU LET THIS HAPPEN PIXAR??
March 26, 2017
Unlike Pixars other films cars 2 will most likely be a bore for teens and adults due to it's stupid plot and unnecessary spy story but it's still very visually appealing and kids will probably enjoy it. Overall the film is stupid, but harmless
March 18, 2017
John Lasseter and his team of artists, and animators have watched way too much Michael Bay movies & Fast & the Furious, it should have been rated PG.
½ March 16, 2017
Worse than the first one which I didn't really like.
March 14, 2017
Ahhh, a sequel that was just made to sell toys and i'm sure this would be decent if it wasn't a shitty spy flick.

I recommend you skip this one.
½ March 12, 2017
While the first Cars entertained me, it drifted just little far off of Pixar's emotional flare but it turned out alright, but the breaks were cut on this sequel.