Cars 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cars 2 Reviews

½ November 20, 2017
While the first movie was highly enjoyable, this one was not.... at all.
November 12, 2017
best movie i have ever seen. step aside "the god father" theirs a new best film ever
November 11, 2017
This movie is dark, beautifully animated, and roaring with action. Basically a spy movie for kids. Surprised it was rated G, but kids, this s the true embodiment of awesomness
November 6, 2017
This movie was so way off from the original Cars and it is one of the most annoying movies I have ever seen.
½ November 4, 2017
The thing is, in the original Cars the cars did basic car things, like racing. With Cars 2, yes, racing is an element to the plot, but they give Lightning McQueen, Mater and the secret agent people so many gadgets and abilities that normal cars cannot do that the cars may has well have been humans. Yes kids, this is as bad as Pixar gets, and hopefully will ever get.
½ October 30, 2017
It's just a Larry the Cable Guy movie acted out by the cast of "Cars."
October 26, 2017
I can see why why some people don't like this movie much. Mater is not a good lead character and the spy movie elements, though amusing somewhat, were not expected or wanted in a racing movie.

The whole race around the world thing was very interesting however and could have been something really cool. Looking at some of the unused material for the movie, Pixar had ideas to add in rally, endurance and forest racing. This combined with the races we saw would have been better than the spy stuff by far.

The movie is beautiful to look at though and I loved the international racers. Francesco was a hoot! And Carla was really cool looking. It's a pity there wasn't a bigger mix of genders in the racers but that's Pixar's choice, and so their fault for that issue.

For all it's faults though, the movie is amusing and it does make kids laugh. My nephew and nieces found it very amusing and isn't that what this movie is meant to do? Make kids happy. It's just a pity the movie focuses on Mater and not Lightning or racing. Still good though and not disappointing like the Cars 3.
October 23, 2017
What did this have to do with racing again?
October 21, 2017
What a mess this was! I sincerely enjoyed the first Cars film, but this one leaves no doubt that toy sales drove every decision (pun intended). The spy plot was beyond silly, even for a kids flick. Pixar is known for giving real stories in their work and this one stays as shallow as baby pool. Very disappointing effort, or lack thereof.
October 15, 2017
Another great Pixar movie.
½ October 8, 2017
Cute. Probably not the most liked mvoie and is very...different and wild, but fun. really had me jumpy and inspired as a kid.
½ September 28, 2017
Worst Pixar movie ever but cringe
½ September 21, 2017
Pixar, WHAT IN THE HELL IS THIS?!! Holy Crap, you guys truly dropped the ball on this one! While the first movie is something that I don't hate, it isn't something I like either. I can see why many people like it and to its credit, it does SOME things right, but me personally, not a fan of it. This however, this is just a hot mess. I will say though that the movie looks great, but then again, all Pixar movies are like this, but other than that, yeah, this movie sucks. I mean, come on, Pixar, what were you guys thinking? You have this movie be less about racing and more about spies even though the first movie is nothing like this? I don't think so. Also, you give Mater the spotlight in this movie even though he was nothing like this in the original? Mater was just fine the way he was in the first movie, but now, you guys basically ruined him in this movie by making him obnoxious as hell in this one. Why?! Just why?! There are also other things wrong with this movie, but honestly, I don't have the patience to state them. I don't even know what to give it to be honest, but really I would give it anything under 6 out of 10. I definitely understand how many many people in the world were shocked for how bad this movie is, simply because of how it was made by the legendary Pixar. Out of all studios, it would be nearly impossible to believe that Pixar would make a bad movie, but no, they made a bad movie. Also,they couldn't at least have Lightning have a decent amount of camera time. I mean, he essentially is a side character in this movie. They don't want you to think so, but oh yeah, he is. I'm done, this is all I can take. This is by far the worst Pixar movie of all time, and really the only one that I would say is bad to be honest. I get it, not everyone is perfect, but Pixar set the standards up so high before that it's just crazy how they make something like this. If you like this movie, more power to you, but me, I CANNOT STAND this movie!
September 19, 2017
So I saw part of cars 2 on TV and I'm not a fan
½ August 24, 2017
Aside from the whole idea of this film being random and silly, there's no doubt that this film is easily one of the funnest films of 2011.
½ August 15, 2017
I used to think The Good Dinosaur was the worst Pixar movie, but after watching this movie, I've changed my mind. It should have been about Lightning McQueen. The poster even suggests that he's the main character...
½ August 14, 2017
Cars 2 is a stupid movie. It is not the worst movie ever made, but it is noteworthy. The plot and character logic are flawed, and it is full of jokes only kids would enjoy. Adults, prepare to get annoyed.
½ August 13, 2017
Fun to watch but didn't need to exist
August 12, 2017
My son Mason says this is the best of the Cars movies. How can you argue with a movie that has the great Finn McMissile?
August 10, 2017
Cars 2 sucks , this is probably the worst Pixar movie, but the animation is great and I liked how it was violent.