Cars 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cars 2 Reviews

½ March 16, 2018
Original, but predictable, with boring characters and a bad script.
March 11, 2018
cars 2 does not hold up the small world values cars 1 excelled at, but the comtemporary look at mater and how he copes with how others really see him still makes this film a strong entry in the pixar lineup.
½ March 1, 2018
We wanted a Cars 3, not a James Bond Pixar movie. Cars 2 takes everything we love about Cars (2006) and throws it in the trash. This is Pixars worst movie, no doubt about it.
½ March 1, 2018
If you can manage to look past its absurd premise, you may find that cars 2 is actually a pretty enjoyable flick.
February 21, 2018
The film is not one of the best by Pixar, but it's entertaining and cleverly shows varying cultures in a nice light.
½ February 21, 2018
I try to be optimistic when it comes to movies, and while this is definitely Pixar's "Black Sheep" anyone who says it's complete garbage is lying to themselves.
½ February 20, 2018
not impressive. i didnt like the beginning with all the guns and fire and didnt think it was great for kids... for example Mater being called an idiot. wouldn't bother watching it again. i dont have high hopes for #3
½ February 18, 2018
The mater sequel that should have been direct to Disney channel????
½ February 13, 2018
The movie is bad cars 1 is fine but this one is only the bad pixar movie the lead character is mater so it's so bad it's like a mater being a spy movie
½ February 9, 2018
Just another typical Disney sequel. They add in new characters, and then we never see them again. However, this movie manages to become one of the most hated Pixar movies. Ripping off James Bond movies, and even including a villain's motive, even though it was kind of logical, Cars 2 easily loses the charm it had in the first movie, if there was any in the first place.
January 29, 2018
this movie is certainly the weakest entry of pixar yet
½ January 27, 2018
Disney? Come on. You guys are better than this. I believe even Disney themselves didn't really want to put their logo on this one.
January 19, 2018
Visually appealing, much more realistic than a lot of animated movies. The spy theme is just what little boys are looking for, and making Mater the hero is a nice touch of showing kids that the outcast is just as capable as anyone else. Giving him a "girlfriend" so innocently was cute too.

However I think Pixar took it too far. I have seen some graphic films but with this being a "children's" film, I certainly wasn't expecting it! The whole spy ring thing obviously needs "bad guys" and tension to be realistic (which everything, even kids' films, must be!) Tying Mater up, Holly and McMissle almost being killed by a clock, and even the bomb on Mater (sorry for spoilers!) can be explained because nothing happens. But the constant explosions of cars (killing them in some instances) and particularly one scene where a poor car is tortured for information before finally being incinerated is going WAY too far! I was disturbed by it. Also the creative ways that liquor is replaced by various automotive fluids, while probably cute to most adults, puts a bad idea in youngster's heads. Where this film, unlike the original, lacks in sexual/relational innuendos (although a couple quotes "tow the line"), it makes up for in many other ways.

The underlying story is sweet, the characters are as lively as ever, the action is generally good and enough to keep a little boy mesmerized. A little less graphic content and this movie would be perfect. 3/5 stars and keep a parent close by, is my rating.
½ January 17, 2018
Trained end

To fasten or to deny
Who tow the mate?
You may break airline
Where shall research nod?
No service will vanquish
Garden summer
Pester along elevator

January 15, 2018
Pixars first sequel to one of their other films aside from the Toy Story series (and I think their might be a third coming in this one). I will say when I first watched this ??007?? themed catastrophe, I was quite confused and a bit overstimulated. As I kept watching it though, it actually grew on me much more than I expected. Even from when they developed the early previews and teasers for this film, I (and I??m sure almost everyone else) personally thought it was strange to go from a more country-style caring and love story to a secret agent/mystery suspense phenomenon. I will say though that the whole ??world-of-cars?? theme was really cool from seeing the bright-lighted sights of Tokyo to the posh environment of London. It was also cool to see a large amount of new ??live?? vehicles like the war ships from the beginning of the film and the planes from the airport. Finn McMissile was a styling new character cleverly voiced by Micheal Cane (from the new Batman series). Of course out of all the different misfits, the film still had some good charm that relates to the first film, like McQueen getting into another collision between unsuitable instances and another teachable moment that talked about friendship. This may have been a low for Pixar, but their films do continue to raise enough interest and warm-hearted moments after this one. A pretty decent film overall.
½ January 13, 2018
While Cars 2 isn't great, it's still an enjoyable movie
December 20, 2017
If you can get over the fact that Mater is the lead character of this film, it's great fun and stunningly animated. If you love Mater, this is a film for you.
½ December 17, 2017
Puntaje Original: 5.5

Una secuela absolutamente innecesaria, que an contando con momentos divertidos, no roza siquiera la esencia que se poda rescatar de la primera entrega.
½ December 9, 2017