Cars 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cars 2 Reviews

½ February 13, 2018
The movie is bad cars 1 is fine but this one is only the bad pixar movie the lead character is mater so it's so bad it's like a mater being a spy movie
½ February 9, 2018
Just another typical Disney sequel. They add in new characters, and then we never see them again. However, this movie manages to become one of the most hated Pixar movies. Ripping off James Bond movies, and even including a villain's motive, even though it was kind of logical, Cars 2 easily loses the charm it had in the first movie, if there was any in the first place.
January 29, 2018
this movie is certainly the weakest entry of pixar yet
½ January 27, 2018
Disney? Come on. You guys are better than this. I believe even Disney themselves didn't really want to put their logo on this one.
January 19, 2018
Visually appealing, much more realistic than a lot of animated movies. The spy theme is just what little boys are looking for, and making Mater the hero is a nice touch of showing kids that the outcast is just as capable as anyone else. Giving him a "girlfriend" so innocently was cute too.

However I think Pixar took it too far. I have seen some graphic films but with this being a "children's" film, I certainly wasn't expecting it! The whole spy ring thing obviously needs "bad guys" and tension to be realistic (which everything, even kids' films, must be!) Tying Mater up, Holly and McMissle almost being killed by a clock, and even the bomb on Mater (sorry for spoilers!) can be explained because nothing happens. But the constant explosions of cars (killing them in some instances) and particularly one scene where a poor car is tortured for information before finally being incinerated is going WAY too far! I was disturbed by it. Also the creative ways that liquor is replaced by various automotive fluids, while probably cute to most adults, puts a bad idea in youngster's heads. Where this film, unlike the original, lacks in sexual/relational innuendos (although a couple quotes "tow the line"), it makes up for in many other ways.

The underlying story is sweet, the characters are as lively as ever, the action is generally good and enough to keep a little boy mesmerized. A little less graphic content and this movie would be perfect. 3/5 stars and keep a parent close by, is my rating.
½ January 17, 2018
Trained end

To fasten or to deny
Who tow the mate?
You may break airline
Where shall research nod?
No service will vanquish
Garden summer
Pester along elevator

-Anonymous
January 15, 2018
Pixars first sequel to one of their other films aside from the Toy Story series (and I think their might be a third coming in this one). I will say when I first watched this ??007?? themed catastrophe, I was quite confused and a bit overstimulated. As I kept watching it though, it actually grew on me much more than I expected. Even from when they developed the early previews and teasers for this film, I (and I??m sure almost everyone else) personally thought it was strange to go from a more country-style caring and love story to a secret agent/mystery suspense phenomenon. I will say though that the whole ??world-of-cars?? theme was really cool from seeing the bright-lighted sights of Tokyo to the posh environment of London. It was also cool to see a large amount of new ??live?? vehicles like the war ships from the beginning of the film and the planes from the airport. Finn McMissile was a styling new character cleverly voiced by Micheal Cane (from the new Batman series). Of course out of all the different misfits, the film still had some good charm that relates to the first film, like McQueen getting into another collision between unsuitable instances and another teachable moment that talked about friendship. This may have been a low for Pixar, but their films do continue to raise enough interest and warm-hearted moments after this one. A pretty decent film overall.
½ January 13, 2018
While Cars 2 isn't great, it's still an enjoyable movie
December 20, 2017
If you can get over the fact that Mater is the lead character of this film, it's great fun and stunningly animated. If you love Mater, this is a film for you.
½ December 17, 2017
Puntaje Original: 5.5

Una secuela absolutamente innecesaria, que an contando con momentos divertidos, no roza siquiera la esencia que se poda rescatar de la primera entrega.
½ December 9, 2017
Even Pixar hates this film
½ December 9, 2017
Even Pixar hates this movie
December 8, 2017
Cute. Probably not the most liked mvoie and is very...different and wild, but fun. really had me jumpy and inspired as a kid.
December 4, 2017
Some people wonder why they made a sequel to Cars 2 and not some of the other successful Pixar films. One word.... "merchandising". My 4 year old goes nuts for the diecast cars toys! How much do you think they made on merchandising for Ratatouille? (not much I bet). This is also why there are 3 Toy Story films (other than the fact that they were spectacular). Cars 2 was made for the kids and was visually stunning. It was a fun spy film with animated cars, what's not to like?
November 24, 2017
good pixar film for kids all ages
½ November 20, 2017
While the first movie was highly enjoyable, this one was not.... at all.
November 12, 2017
best movie i have ever seen. step aside "the god father" theirs a new best film ever
November 11, 2017
This movie is dark, beautifully animated, and roaring with action. Basically a spy movie for kids. Surprised it was rated G, but kids, this s the true embodiment of awesomness
November 6, 2017
This movie was so way off from the original Cars and it is one of the most annoying movies I have ever seen.
½ November 4, 2017
The thing is, in the original Cars the cars did basic car things, like racing. With Cars 2, yes, racing is an element to the plot, but they give Lightning McQueen, Mater and the secret agent people so many gadgets and abilities that normal cars cannot do that the cars may has well have been humans. Yes kids, this is as bad as Pixar gets, and hopefully will ever get.