Cars 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cars 2 Reviews

November 20, 2018
Amazing movie. I just can't understand the hate. The action sequences are great, soundtrack is awesome. Never have I seen such things in a animated film. Finn McMissle, a Cars's version of James Bond's car is my favourite Pixar character. Also the character development that Mater gets in the movie is great. Mater is a fun character that deserves his own movie.

I re-watched this movie like 10 times, and never got bored of it. That is what I call a good movie. I just can't see why people hate it so much, that is regarded as the worst Pixar film. If you ask me, it's probably one of the best ones.
November 14, 2018
Whilst not recreating that wonderful Pixar magic, Cars 2 has enough beautiful animation, humor, and defenestration to keep a viewer interested for 90 minutes. Even with a particularly sub-par plot by Pixar standards, it's still fun and entertaining. Just don't expect too much.
November 14, 2018
This is a lifeless film that was made for the purpose of selling toys. It has no heart, no story and no sense of direction. The choice to make Mater the lead is a joke that leaves no one laughing, and as a film it feels like it could've blended in with a catalogue of straight-to-VHS films.
½ November 6, 2018
This film was very bad.
½ October 24, 2018
Did the whole thing really have to be a Bond parody? If it was a little extra thing, I wouldn't mind, but having the whole movie revolve around it was a really strange idea. Not something I'd expect from Disney/Pixar. Not terrible, but the first is leagues better and more fun to watch. If I want action, I could just re-watch The Incredibles.
½ October 15, 2018
It's strange, I don't love the first Cars, but I don't hate Cars 2 as much as others do either. The first Cars I thought had a nice ending and it had some charm, but the story has been done to death, it's been over used. The story for Cars 2, is a fresh idea. I like that Pixar didn't do the same story twice, they took the opportunities they had with the idea of cars and took it to new lengths with spy movies. There are problems however. Very much like the first Cars, one of the problems is the story, but for different reasons. In Cars 2, the story is problematic, and it can be kind of confusing. It's really disappointing when discovering who the real villain is, and It would be a better film if Mater stayed as the deuteragonist rather than becoming the main protagonist and making the film center more around him. I thought he made a good deuteragonist in the first one, and it seems like a bad move making him the main character in a story like this. I would say Cars 2 can be a really fun film and a great sequel, if the characters worked out better and if the story wasn't as problematic. However, despite all this, I enjoy watching this film. It's visually appealing, it's full of action, it's a spy story, it's a sequel that takes a story thats completely different from the first Cars.
½ October 2, 2018
The story is the weakest of all of the Pixar movies but it was still very well made movie. The animation was visually stunning just like the other Pixar movies. The voice over performances were spectacular just like in the other one especially Larry the Cable Guy, Owen Wilson, Michael Caine, Emily Mortimer, and John Turturro. I also loved how Mater was more or the key focus of the movie.
½ September 13, 2018
Cars 2 realmente desenfoca toda si historia al querer mostrar algo que realmente no tiene sentido, todos sus personajes pierden peso y su ejecución no logra la esencia que su film anterior había echo .
August 22, 2018
The first Pixar effort that feels not just uninspired but unnecessary. It stretches the already questionable sentient-automobile concept to strange, awkward places. And older audiences will likely be less than enthusiastic about having Larry the Cable Guy's Tow Mater upgraded to a more prominent role.
August 14, 2018
A brilliant and unique twist on the cars franchise which manages to create a new and wonderful story unlike any in its own genre of animated talking objects while at the same time mocking the spi movie genre entirely! A wonderful spoofy, peace of satire which both children and adults are sure to enjoy!!
½ August 3, 2018
Contrary to the generally negative critical reviews, I do find that the racing-and-spy comedy animated film fits people like me who want more action. While the spotlight may not be on McQueen, Mater is as goofy as ever.
½ July 31, 2018
Not bad. Not great, but not bad (for little kids to say the least)
July 27, 2018
Blows my mind just how great this movie is! Honestly did not expect the whole top twisting at the end. Like how are we supposed to know if he's back in reality or if he's just in limbo still. Really makes you think...
July 16, 2018
ALL I HAVE TO SAY FOR THIS PILE OF STEAMING SMELLY TURD IS WOOOOOOW
July 13, 2018
Cars 1 and 3 can be known as Sport/Fantasy/Comedy/Family films and are pretty good. But Cars 2 IS A KIDS FILM SUITABLE FOR 8 YEAR OLDS AND UNDER,and is pretty bad especially right after TS3 and it's a Pixar Film but luckily Cars 3 fixed it.
July 10, 2018
Cars is the worst Pixar movie, but it is a very funny movie
June 19, 2018
This is one of the worst, if not the worst movie ever created. There are so many things wrong with this piece of trash. 1. The side character is now the main character. Why is this a problem with sequal's now. 2. The plot is trash. Tell me this, how many spy movies do we have. The reason the first cars movie was good was because of the racing, but in this godawful movie only 1% of the movie is racing. 3. The side characters are trash. Its like there voice actor had no soul. 4. its the same song played over and over again. aside from that one good song from the cars, the rest of the songs in this trash is the same thing being played again and again. 5. The animation looks like the inside of the toilet with all the poop stains in em. The first cars movie looks a lot better than this rush piece of dog poop.
I give this trash a proud -10/10. There is nothing good about this rush piece of garbage
½ June 16, 2018
Cars 2 does have a couple of good scenes, the friendship between Mater and McQueen is strong and the animation is per usual terrific. However, the entire espionage storyline is weak, uninspired and bland, the humor is pretty weak for the most part and the emphasis on Mater as a protagonist hurt the entire film as he was never meant to be anything more than a sidekick character. For all of those reasons, Cars 2 is easily the worst Pixar film ever and their only mediocre outing.
June 11, 2018
Cars 2 could not even manage to be somewhat as good as the original but does have some funny moments. I chucked maybe once and there's some charm but overall it's just not a great movie.