Cars 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cars 2 Reviews

July 27, 2016
Every franchise has to fall short some day, and that day arrived when Cars 2 was released. Pixar was so successful to the point where I almost loved every movie they made. Sadly, It all stopped when Cars 2 came. A forgotten film that misses the thing that made its predecessor so great. What's that thing? Heart and Depth. On the other hand, the movie for most of the part is acceptable and enjoyable in some scenes, but it never captured my attention like the first one did. We had a film about McQueen and his dream to become the best racer in the world, and that dream didn't come true because he didn't win the trophy. But from what McQueen learned from his pals like Mater and Sally is to never act selfishly. And he changed the world with his selfless act by ending up the 3rd in the race because he helped out a friend. That made him someone to remember.
Cars 2 wants to expand on that and become a lot of things. The movie is not bad. It has its fun moments. But it will be remembered as Pixar's biggest letdown yet.
Score: 6/10 (Okay).
½ July 26, 2016
Extremely disappointing. And why is this film rated G with all the violence it depicts?
July 16, 2016
Cars 2 Is much better than the first one because there was a bit more to this film than there was with the first Cars.
The story is a lot better, the characters are good as well we learn some new things about some of the characters and we get to meet new characters as well and they are good as well, each area we travel to in the film is so cool each area looks like the actual place accept it's made for Cars, the music is good since it fits as a spy film and this is a spy film after all & as always the animation is always good but then again this is Pixar after all and they are the gods of computer animation no studio will be able to beat Pixar at being the best animation studio.
My only downside is that it tries too hard to be perfect spy film when it clearly isn't but it's still a good movie by far and my other downside is that a lot of people say it's the worst Pixar film ever made when I disagree I think it's a great film.
Anyways I give Cars 2 a 8.5 out of 10 a good movie which shouldn't have been bashed on for being a bad movie when it clearly isn't a bad movie.
July 10, 2016
Though the animation is on point, this underwhelming sequel provides barely any enjoyable moments and gradually drags on to the point which you don't even want to root for anybody.
½ June 30, 2016
Cars 2 is amazing and hilarious. Pixar has done it again. They bring great animation to show you all the animated cities that the race cars race in. The only reason why I don't give it five stars is because the first cars makes you feel at home and then they make a second one where they go out of the ordinary to not make you feel at home. Still, it is a great movie. I would very much suggest this movie.
½ June 27, 2016
Without a doubt Pixar's worst film but mainly because of the high standards we've come to expect from them. What little sweetness the first one had is absent and the message is pretty muddled but for a lively distraction for kids, there's nothing wrong with it.
June 23, 2016
After what we've been seeing from Pixar over the past decade, you'd think they would keep bringing up all these innovative ideas for years to come, with more new characters, more new stories that we can connect with, and bring their animation to new heights. And what do they make after their most successful film yet? A sequel to their worst film, CARS. Yeah, smart move.

I mean, talk about the biggest step backwards you could take for a studio that was doing so well. I have no idea why they thought that this would be a good idea. Did anyone ask for a sequel to CARS? No. They made it because of the $billions in merchandising, nothing else. Since I didn't care about the first CARS film, I avoided seeing the sequel in the theater. And not surprisingly, the film critically didn't do very well. It became the lowest rated Pixar film to date... by a HUGE margin. I never thought that we would actually have a legitimately bad Pixar movie. Years later, I thought to myself "How bad can it be?" because people have been treating this film like it's one of the worst animated films ever made. I finally watched it on television to see how bad it actually is. When comparing it to other Pixar films, it's absolutely terrible and by far their worst one yet. But among animated films in general, it's not awful.

Don't get me wrong, CARS 2 is a bad movie. The premise they give us seems completely random and out of nowhere, it's basically a spy espionage movie with talking cars. Okay, how did they come up with this idea? What did the first movie even have to do with spies? They seem to have completely ignore the events from its predecessor. Maybe they could bring something innovative to this idea, some new twists, characters, or... I don't know, something new. But we don't. This movie is basically every spy movie you've ever seen. You can predict everything that's going to happen, every joke, every sort of twist and turn, and it makes it so boring.

They introduce so many new characters who we know nothing about, so we don't even care what they do or what happens to them. None of the characters we knew from the first film don't seem to make much of an appearance, not even Lightning McQueen. The only character that they focus a lot more on is Mater, who is now the main character. He was already pretty annoying in the first film, but as the main character, he's almost unbearable. You're basically watching Larry the Cable Guy doing his incredibly forced comedy. If you like him, great, you'll have a lot of fun with this movie.

Though, I can't say that I hate this movie because first of all, I had absolutely no expectations for it at all, and second, the movie is pretty much harmless. It doesn't have any bad morals or anything offensive. And to the film's credit, the animation looks very nice and even some of the action scenes were kind of fun to watch. By the standards of most children's films, it's not that horrible. But if someone told you that this movie is from one of, if not, the greatest animation studio of all time, you can easily see why a lot of people really dislike it. You'd expect so much more effort from them, you'd expect their movies to aim at both the kids and the adults. But it's a movie that's obviously aimed only towards younger kids.

And what really annoys me is that, now that we know that they're actually making a third film, we're going to get an entire CARS trilogy that nobody asked for before we finally get a sequel to THE INCREDIBLES that everybody begged for. I don't know why or what Pixar was thinking.

Grade: D+
½ June 22, 2016
Nothing will ever beat the first movie
½ June 22, 2016
Really Pixar you decided to make another shitty cars movie EXEPT THIS ONE IS WAY WORSE IN MANY WAYS it just sucked and I'm so excited for cars 3 (sarcasm) I can see cars 3 being worse than this one because this one sucks you can't come from toy story 3 to a f***ing terrible cars 2
½ June 19, 2016
Cars 2 could not even manage to be somewhat as good as the original but does have some funny moments.
June 19, 2016
While it may be Pixar's weakest film to date, Cars 2 is still a satisfying diversion for two hours - even if the story and characters force you to turn your brain off.
½ June 16, 2016
The one problem Cars2 really has, is that it is just not entertaining. It sure if as fun at times as the the first movie, but the characters are not well developed, and the story is extremely flat.
June 16, 2016
Pixar's car's 2 was a spy movie fail. As I enjoyed it a little bit Lighting was proved to be selfish and dumb in this movie.
June 14, 2016
This movie is honestly too fast-paced, and doesn't make much sense. I think Disney made it to sell toys, and nothing else.
½ June 13, 2016
Lamento decirlo, pero Pixar no es infalible
June 13, 2016
Pixar really fell with this sequel to Cars. The first one was okay, but this one was really a misstep.
June 11, 2016
Not the best Pixar movie ever made. Actually it's probably the worst. But, saying that, we are talking about Pixar, so even a bad movie by their standards is better than most. Compared to other Pixar films "Cars 2" is not that good. However, standing on its own, this film is good. Good character acting, a sub-par script, and a bag full of laughs lead "Cars 2" into the "okay" category.
June 10, 2016
Bad For A Pixar Film, This is the worst by that production company
June 4, 2016
Cars was better than this cars 2 it should just be about the who and cars is not a type of movie to have a squeal
½ June 1, 2016
Surprisingly, Cars 2 manages to be better than the first Cars by an iota. The scenes are still cheesy and unnecessarily long, and the story is a bore. Skip it.