Cast Away - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cast Away Reviews

October 13, 2016
Tom does a great job with a horribly written, unintelligent, piece of garbage script.
October 10, 2016
The whole story is exciting , as the movie goes on the viewer gets a real insight to how a person can get attached to something so small, like a football . Tom Hanks as always lived up to his legendary reputation and in my opinion an Oscar worthy performance. 5/5
September 19, 2016
The movie was quite good. This movie made me to think about life especially when Tom Hanks suffered in that Island alone while me here sitting at home with all the basic needs and even more than that such as electronic gadgets, Wi-Fi connection, branded clothes and still feeling like my life is incomplete. This movie taught me to live life without our loved ones with us, basic needs, friends and family. This movie also taught me the bravery and the will power of a man to survive in any sort of danger to meet his loved one. Tom Hanks' acting was marvelous and the part when he came to know that Kelly was married to another guy and has a child, his reaction was priceless and it was too realistic. Thanks for the director of this movie who came up with an idea of making this kind of film and bring up the courage and bravery into kids and teenagers nowadays as they are losing their life due to small problems in their life. This movie would be a lesson to each and every individual who had the thought of suicide when facing silly problems in their life. Thank You.
½ September 4, 2016
This is the island movie that I love the most... This portrays hanks who was in a fast Pace life ended up in an island...and after that he had the time to be spent with wilson.iwas amazed with his thoughtful skills he used in the island.
September 4, 2016
It was a great movie that teach me about the survival of a man that trapped in an island. Tom Hanks had done a good job in playing his role. This movie also shows moral value like tenacity, love and not giving up in doing something.
September 3, 2016
The first thing that came to my mind when i saw the title of the movie was a game i played a long time ago. Its called The Sims Cast Away. Its about surviving in an inhabited island just like the movie. Basically the movie was good but not perfect to me. Well thats my taste. I am a person who likes interesting animated movies and action-packed,thrilling movies like the latest, Suicide Squad. As we say, one man's meat is another mans poison.The movie potrayed many important values. As an example, it showed hard work doing what you love as well as leadership at the beggining of the movie when Tom Hanks was leading his crew with full of responsibility. Later on it got a bit unlogical. HE LIVES AT THE ISLAND FOR FOUR YEARS. Of curse its true that, men during ancient civilization could survive but based on yhe history that I have learnt, none of them were stranded in an island, They lived in junglkes and caves near jungles. They had a wide variety of food unlike just eating cocunuts and fish whing tom rarely gets to catch in the movie. In a nutshell this movie should be rated P13 and given 3 stars
September 3, 2016
Overall a great movie , teaching us how to appreciate what we have in life and to never lose hope. Teaches a lesson to those who think getting stranded in an island is easy.
September 2, 2016
To be honest, I don't really like the graphics. (Maybe it's because this movie was published in the year 2000). However, I like this movie though. By watching this movie, you can actually witnesses a man's wisdom on how he tries to survive in a neglected island. This movie tells you to be independent and you must come up with a string of ideas to save your life. I don't really like the ending of the story by the way because the the man did everything he could to go back to his place for the sake of his girlfriend. But at the end, the woman has married with another man.
August 29, 2016
A brilliant capturing of the realities of being marooned. You will never look at a volleyball the same way.
½ August 27, 2016
As we've come to expect from Tom Hanks, his commanding role steers Cast Away from being a dull, lengthy drama to an exciting, fascinating one. Apart from a more sentimental ending, the whole runtime has you glued to your seat... And is yet another showcase of Tom Hanks' immense dramatic talent.
Verdict: A
August 22, 2016
an excellent film that is not only an adventure with weirdly comedic moments but a love and remembrance tale.
August 10, 2016
Another nice Tom Hanks movie where it's a pleasure to follow the story, the not small runtime of the film just gives you the notion that this pleasure will last a while longer
½ August 7, 2016
Tom Hanks stars as a Fed Ex trainer whose airplane crashes leaving him alone on a deserted island in a remote area. He ultimately must learn to survive and soon finds a way to be rescued. Hanks does an excellent job at keeping the viewer engaged throughout the 2 hour plus film.
July 15, 2016
I love tom hanks acting like a Forrest Gump but this ones ok it was food actually
July 7, 2016
This movie is absolutely fantastic.
I've seen other "trapped on an island" movies before this. After seeing this movie I realized how garbage those other movies are.
In those movies, the character(s) learn(s), within a few days, how to build shelter, get a stable source of food, and live well (not survive). With few injuries to boot.
Cast Away is realistic. Chuck Noland is an ordinary man with no survival skills. He struggles, he learns slowly, and he gets injured a lot. As well as slowly go insane. He is a survivor who never loses sight of the goal to get home.
This movie, this is what would happen if a regular ol person got trapped on an island. It's not idealism, it's realism. And that is what makes the movie so amazing.
July 6, 2016
A magnificent story that takes unpredictable turns and knows better than to be cliched.
½ June 22, 2016
This film is pretty much the one man show of Tom Hanks. I think Wilson the volleyball gets more screen time than Helen Hunt. Tom Hanks does an amazing job as a FedEx employee that is trapped on a desert island by himself after a plane crash. And no there aren't any smoke monsters, polar bears, or mysterious hatches either.