Cast Away - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cast Away Reviews

April 9, 2018
"The most beautful gift in the world is, of course, the world itself". Mature and melancholy, Cast Away thoughtfully explores the "no man is an island" motif really well as to help Tom Hanks in his quest for survival, we join forces with Wilson the volleyball. Wilson should be in more movies, man. Another Robert Zemeckis classic.
April 1, 2018
Holy Product Placement. FedEx logo front and scentre at every opportunity, very VERY annoying. They even managed to squeeze Dr. Pepper in at the end. I kept expecting to see a banner on the desert island that said, "This production brought to you by FedEx."
March 22, 2018
Tom Hanks offers an amazing performance in an already amazing film. The story is top notch and the cinematography is terrific. Cast Away is a great movie all-around.
½ February 23, 2018
A heart-breaking tale that just skims the surface of greatness.
February 15, 2018
Wilson!! .. Excellent, shows Tom Hanks can carry a full movie on his own and still entertain.
February 11, 2018
Another fine Hanks performance, entertaining buddy movie (Wilson)
February 1, 2018
It's no Forrest Gump but it's pretty good.
January 27, 2018
Sad and difficult to watch, especially as it was compared to a situation I'm involved in. Good family movie. Cussed at the volleyball once and that's the only thing that against my mom's movie standards for little kiddos in the whole thing.
January 11, 2018
Way too long. Not much of a story. A reminder that s*** happens. Yep, don't need two plus hours of a movie to tell me that.
January 9, 2018
Tom Hanks' performance is incredible. Story is interesting, but the last quarter of the movie was disappointing.
½ January 6, 2018
Captivating tale with an incredible performance by Tom Hanks. Many scenes require little to no dialogue to convey exactly what Hanks is feeling and thinking. The ending feels like a bit of a letdown, but it does at least make sense.
December 29, 2017
171228: Slow start, even pace but still a great film years later...except for the pagers. Does anyone use those anymore? Enjoy.
December 28, 2017
Wilson! Wilson! I'm Sorry Wilson! (sobs)
½ December 27, 2017
Puntaje Original: 7.0

Una profunda historia y una genial interpretación de Tom Hanks, además de una notable dirección. Cast Away tiene todo para ser un clásico del cine estadounidense.
½ November 1, 2017
Story about a man stuck on a deserted island for many years. Zemeckis does an excellent job of showing what a person must do to survive, although I think most people would have likely been unable to start a fire and died. Me included. Still I like this move a lot. Tom Hanks is really good. One of my favorites.
½ September 24, 2017
It's a classic story and has some good moments. It is however a bit dated and not the most compelling film. It falls into a lot of tropes and comes with cheesiness. but its still a memorable piece.
½ September 5, 2017
this was a good film, but really sad at the end
September 5, 2017
One of my favorite movies. Hanks play's a strong character that makes the movie a need-to-see.
September 3, 2017
An incredible movie about human survival. Tom Hanks is superb.
September 3, 2017
An emotional and smart work of Robert Zemeckis and Tom Hanks producing a lost-at-sea film that pulses the heart and keeps the human spirit alive, even if its final act is longer than it needs to be.