Cast Away - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cast Away Reviews

½ November 28, 2016
Revisited this after a decade away from it. Still as good as I remember. So compelling. Amazing score. 2-1/2s flies by.
November 21, 2016
This movie is golden.
October 31, 2016
Love this film seen it loads. Never disappoints
½ October 25, 2016
Tom Hanks puts on an acting clinic as he makes you care about a volleyball. It's a crushing and grueling journey through Chuck's life.
October 25, 2016
In a era filled with sappy chick flicks and gooey romances we need a good drama once in awhile. Castaway, directed by Robert Zemeckis and starring Tom Hanks, Helen Hunt, and Paul Sanchez brings a serious attitude of self preservation and emotional hardship to the table. Chuck Noland (Hanks), who works for Fedex, has plane crashed on a deserted island. He uses washed up packages from the wreckage as tools and resources to help keep him alive. Completely isolated, Noland battles emotional, physical and mental hardships in order to survive. The movie is well presented with a different perspective on the many trials and hardships of life, not to mention an excellent cast of characters to go along with it. While most people don't get plane crashed onto an island the emotional perspective of getting backed to loved ones is a theme many can relate too. However, with Hanks really being the only character for the majority of the movie sometimes the dialogue can become a little lacking. Also considering that he is supposedly trapped on this island for many years with few resources he doesn't really look emaciated throughout the movie. Overall, I give this movie a four
October 13, 2016
Tom does a great job with a horribly written, unintelligent, piece of garbage script.
October 10, 2016
The whole story is exciting , as the movie goes on the viewer gets a real insight to how a person can get attached to something so small, like a football . Tom Hanks as always lived up to his legendary reputation and in my opinion an Oscar worthy performance. 5/5
September 19, 2016
The movie was quite good. This movie made me to think about life especially when Tom Hanks suffered in that Island alone while me here sitting at home with all the basic needs and even more than that such as electronic gadgets, Wi-Fi connection, branded clothes and still feeling like my life is incomplete. This movie taught me to live life without our loved ones with us, basic needs, friends and family. This movie also taught me the bravery and the will power of a man to survive in any sort of danger to meet his loved one. Tom Hanks' acting was marvelous and the part when he came to know that Kelly was married to another guy and has a child, his reaction was priceless and it was too realistic. Thanks for the director of this movie who came up with an idea of making this kind of film and bring up the courage and bravery into kids and teenagers nowadays as they are losing their life due to small problems in their life. This movie would be a lesson to each and every individual who had the thought of suicide when facing silly problems in their life. Thank You.
½ September 4, 2016
Kiran
This is the island movie that I love the most... This portrays hanks who was in a fast Pace life ended up in an island...and after that he had the time to be spent with wilson.iwas amazed with his thoughtful skills he used in the island.
September 4, 2016
It was a great movie that teach me about the survival of a man that trapped in an island. Tom Hanks had done a good job in playing his role. This movie also shows moral value like tenacity, love and not giving up in doing something.
September 3, 2016
The first thing that came to my mind when i saw the title of the movie was a game i played a long time ago. Its called The Sims Cast Away. Its about surviving in an inhabited island just like the movie. Basically the movie was good but not perfect to me. Well thats my taste. I am a person who likes interesting animated movies and action-packed,thrilling movies like the latest, Suicide Squad. As we say, one man's meat is another mans poison.The movie potrayed many important values. As an example, it showed hard work doing what you love as well as leadership at the beggining of the movie when Tom Hanks was leading his crew with full of responsibility. Later on it got a bit unlogical. HE LIVES AT THE ISLAND FOR FOUR YEARS. Of curse its true that, men during ancient civilization could survive but based on yhe history that I have learnt, none of them were stranded in an island, They lived in junglkes and caves near jungles. They had a wide variety of food unlike just eating cocunuts and fish whing tom rarely gets to catch in the movie. In a nutshell this movie should be rated P13 and given 3 stars
September 3, 2016
Overall a great movie , teaching us how to appreciate what we have in life and to never lose hope. Teaches a lesson to those who think getting stranded in an island is easy.
September 2, 2016
To be honest, I don't really like the graphics. (Maybe it's because this movie was published in the year 2000). However, I like this movie though. By watching this movie, you can actually witnesses a man's wisdom on how he tries to survive in a neglected island. This movie tells you to be independent and you must come up with a string of ideas to save your life. I don't really like the ending of the story by the way because the the man did everything he could to go back to his place for the sake of his girlfriend. But at the end, the woman has married with another man.
August 29, 2016
A brilliant capturing of the realities of being marooned. You will never look at a volleyball the same way.
½ August 27, 2016
As we've come to expect from Tom Hanks, his commanding role steers Cast Away from being a dull, lengthy drama to an exciting, fascinating one. Apart from a more sentimental ending, the whole runtime has you glued to your seat... And is yet another showcase of Tom Hanks' immense dramatic talent.
Verdict: A
August 22, 2016
an excellent film that is not only an adventure with weirdly comedic moments but a love and remembrance tale.
August 10, 2016
Another nice Tom Hanks movie where it's a pleasure to follow the story, the not small runtime of the film just gives you the notion that this pleasure will last a while longer
½ August 7, 2016
Tom Hanks stars as a Fed Ex trainer whose airplane crashes leaving him alone on a deserted island in a remote area. He ultimately must learn to survive and soon finds a way to be rescued. Hanks does an excellent job at keeping the viewer engaged throughout the 2 hour plus film.