Cast Away - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cast Away Reviews

February 15, 2018
Wilson!! .. Excellent, shows Tom Hanks can carry a full movie on his own and still entertain.
February 11, 2018
Another fine Hanks performance, entertaining buddy movie (Wilson)
February 1, 2018
It's no Forrest Gump but it's pretty good.
January 27, 2018
Sad and difficult to watch, especially as it was compared to a situation I'm involved in. Good family movie. Cussed at the volleyball once and that's the only thing that against my mom's movie standards for little kiddos in the whole thing.
January 11, 2018
Way too long. Not much of a story. A reminder that s*** happens. Yep, don't need two plus hours of a movie to tell me that.
January 9, 2018
Tom Hanks' performance is incredible. Story is interesting, but the last quarter of the movie was disappointing.
½ January 6, 2018
Captivating tale with an incredible performance by Tom Hanks. Many scenes require little to no dialogue to convey exactly what Hanks is feeling and thinking. The ending feels like a bit of a letdown, but it does at least make sense.
December 29, 2017
171228: Slow start, even pace but still a great film years later...except for the pagers. Does anyone use those anymore? Enjoy.
December 28, 2017
Wilson! Wilson! I'm Sorry Wilson! (sobs)
½ December 27, 2017
Puntaje Original: 7.0

Una profunda historia y una genial interpretación de Tom Hanks, además de una notable dirección. Cast Away tiene todo para ser un clásico del cine estadounidense.
½ November 1, 2017
Story about a man stuck on a deserted island for many years. Zemeckis does an excellent job of showing what a person must do to survive, although I think most people would have likely been unable to start a fire and died. Me included. Still I like this move a lot. Tom Hanks is really good. One of my favorites.
½ September 24, 2017
It's a classic story and has some good moments. It is however a bit dated and not the most compelling film. It falls into a lot of tropes and comes with cheesiness. but its still a memorable piece.
½ September 5, 2017
this was a good film, but really sad at the end
September 5, 2017
One of my favorite movies. Hanks play's a strong character that makes the movie a need-to-see.
September 3, 2017
An incredible movie about human survival. Tom Hanks is superb.
September 3, 2017
An emotional and smart work of Robert Zemeckis and Tom Hanks producing a lost-at-sea film that pulses the heart and keeps the human spirit alive, even if its final act is longer than it needs to be.
July 30, 2017
Powerful, heart wrenching, inspiring, and a truly Oscar worthy performance from the awesome Tom Hanks. This film is one of the best survival films ever made...
½ July 19, 2017
For 17 years I put off seeing this wonderful film, a film that moves one so deeply. because I was afraid it would be so emotionally wrenching, and it was, but I'm glad I finally saw it. The part I thought would be worse to experience, because I usually do experience what the character does in a movie, the soul hurting loneliness of his years on the island were hard to live through with him, but when he came back was even harder. Because this film is about the role time and our place in space and how we move through both governed by either fate or our own decisions, (who can tell?) being what shapes our lives. There is much talk of time and moving through space--that is what Chuck's job is all about, and the decision he makes to get on a plane, filled with who knows how many people's hopes and dreams in the form of packages on their way by the fastest delivery service there was at the time. But they all take a detour when the time and space they are in is worked upon by something no man can control--nature. Although nature sends him what he needs to escape the island where his time is arrested and his space is a trap. so he finds his world of the space he used to inhabit again, but time has moved on without him that space he no longer was in, and so did the life he would have had. In our journey through time and space, we can never be sure that something very powerful, such as nature, will not interfere with the journey we have planned for ourselves and take us on a totally different path, so that we will never have the life we planned--such planning was hubris , anyway. So, in a way, this film follows the pattern of ancient Greek tragedies, with hero trying to control his journey through time and space so exactly, but nature (the gods) showing him that he just can't, and his life is completely changed. A very deep film, with a bravura performance by Tom Hanks.
July 7, 2017
This movie was too detailed but when Tom Hanks makes u cry because of a simple volleyball, that shows us that hes a brilliant actor ! I gave 1 star just because of his performance.
July 4, 2017
The first half of the movie is great but after that point it falls flat...