Catch Me If You Can - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Catch Me If You Can Reviews

June 6, 2018
Leonardo DiCaprio stars in the story of Frank Abagnale, Jr, a young man who forged millions of dollars of cheques, and posed as an airline pilot, a doctor and a lawyer, all before he was 20 years old. The film portrays him as largely motivated by a drive to compensate for his dad's loss of everything he had earned in life, including his wife, to the IRS. Christopher Walken turns in a rich, sympathetic portrayal of Frank Abagnale, Sr. Tom Hanks plays an FBI agent who specializes in financial crimes who makes it his personal mission to catch DiCaprio. This is one of my favourite Spielberg films. It's a breezy, fun film that recreates the period extremely well.
June 5, 2018
Divertida y entretenida, un film que muestra a dicaprio como el gran actor que es interpretando muchas facetas de su personaje , una historia interesante ,actuaciones muy completas y bien construido, un poco predecible pero logra su cometido.
June 3, 2018
masterpiece. keeps you interested from start to finish.
½ May 21, 2018
Catch Me if You Can is a fun film that's you can say, full of happiness around it. Leonardo DiCaprio's performance is great and really memorable. What's crazy about this movie is that it's based on a true story.
May 19, 2018
One of spielburgs best films. Utterly gripping,and one of the most entertaining movies of the past few decades. Great performances,that make the characters like able and sympathetic. Catch me if you can boasts a great screenplay that is elevated by great performances and Spielberg's care for his characters and his heart.
April 6, 2018
a brilliant movie showcasing the life of frank abagnale jr. leo does a fine job as usual in the lead role. the storyline is very unique as it's inspired by a true story. the movie is very interesting from beginning to end. steven spielberg gives it his usual magic and everything comes together swiftly.
April 4, 2018
wow Amazing movie of dicaprio this movie Top 5 list on This List Click and see dicaprio top 5 movies Click here Top 5 best dicaprio movies
March 31, 2018
Spielberg really doesn't need a comparison to any other filmmakers in his time. The beloved director changed the course of cinema history by reinventing movie storytelling with his sharp ability to turn any tale into an adventure brazen with energy and heartbeat. In this 2002 crime-thriller masterpiece, Spielberg pays homage namely to Hitchcock, directing a wildly entertaining man-on-the-run film with virtually every element perfected. DiCaprio, already a Hollywood favorite at the time of its initial release, exceeds expectations with his portrayal of real-life caper & IRS super-villain Frank Abignanle - his performance never lacking charm, intrigue, or charisma. Hanks is the other side of the coin, Carl Hanratty, an FBI Agent almost too-good for his own job who's dedication to the chase is seemingly all he has. The two have screen chemistry to right the books, despite only appearing on screen together a handful of times, and both actors portrayal of their characters never lack spirit or magnitude. Spielberg explores the expertly-written script by Jeff Nathanson to adapt a film that is thoroughly gripping as a thriller and ceaselessly charming and funny (marking his own signature now idolized by any current director). Everything in this movie works right, with outstanding performances across the board and amazing directorial work by Hollywood's favorite man behind the camera. This is a film that can be revisited every so often and still manage to renew that same charm that it had at its debut over 15 years ago, seeming to have not aged a minute. Arguably one of Spielberg's finest directorial accomplishments that will remain a masterpiece.
March 18, 2018
Fun, fluffy, Spielbergian stuff that reaffirms his status as a master entertainer, even if theres all the depth of a puddle, really.
March 14, 2018
the best spilberg movie ever
March 10, 2018
A really well made cat and mouse movie.
March 9, 2018
Just brilliant...that's all I can say
March 3, 2018
Less enamored of this movie than most people it seems. The story, though based on real events, is hopelessly unbelievable, I've not been so disappointed in a Tom Hanks performance since Joe vs. the Volcano. It was like he phoned it in. This being a Spielberg movie makes it worse. There was no magic on the screen. I felt like I was being laughed at by all involved for sitting through it. Meh.
February 27, 2018
I watched this moving 4 times already and I loved it
½ February 6, 2018
Title: Catch me if you can
Story/Writing/Message/Plot: 4
Character/Acting: 5
Music/Sound: 4
Cinematography/Editing: 5
Age/Originality: 4
Total: 22/25
January 5, 2018
I could already tell from the beginning that this was a superbly written story and script and that I was in for a great ride. Supposedly, that was the real French prison where they put Frank. If that's the case I don't know how he didn't die due to the state of it, it looks filthy and unmaintained.

What a great mentor and a role model he had as a father. I almost can't believe this guys story. How was able to con and fraud all these people. I guess you could get away with it much easier than you can nowadays. I wish Frank's dad wasn't going through the bullshit he was going through with the IRS, scumbags. Tom Hanks' character is intersting. Amy Adams is cute in this movie, almost child-like.

What a genius cover up using all those girls as flight attendants to get through the airport unnoticed. Tragic what happened to him where his parents divorced, his mom started a new life with one of his father's friends, and then his father's passing. Jeez.

You imagine getting an offer like that? What would you say? To work for the very people who were trying to bring you down.

Overall, great cat and mouse chase story that's based on a true story. Also a great movie about a man's life and his story.
December 28, 2017
I recently watched "CMIYC" on HBO or might have been STARZ. They edited out the french prison scene that Abignale/Dicaprio suffered before he was extradited to the USA. Who is responsible for this edit/omission? I can only guess that is was white washed and 'FORGED" (pun intended) by a french prick who had the money and influence. Shame on all those involved to allow this scene to be cut out from the original!!!
½ December 25, 2017
M-F

8.4

[Steven Spielberg]
December 10, 2017
A very good movie from Steven Spielberg... !!!