Catch Me If You Can - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Catch Me If You Can Reviews

July 9, 2016
This movie was amazing! It was the same amounts entertaining,enjoyable,sad and action. I loved every moment and every frame of it. The score was beautiful. The direction was on point and created an atmosphere of fun, but the script was everything! The script was something really original, really fresh and extremely exciting! Leonardo DiCaprio was just perfect for this role! He was perfect! And Tom Hanks was extremely enjoyable in his own part! "Catch Me If You Can" was a crazy cat-mouse chase, but honestly it managed to be far more than that! I loved it!
½ July 1, 2016
One of the best films from the first decade of 2000 and a fine chase between two of the finest actors.
June 29, 2016
Great story, interesting script, with Leonardo Dicaprio and Tom Hanks top notch performance, this movie is full of entertainment value.
June 18, 2016
Amazing, every other word is superfluous
June 12, 2016
Catch Me If You Can is a ridiculously smart, entertaining crime caper that has strong performances from everyone, especially from Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks, and sly humor that make the film nearly impossible to hate.
June 6, 2016
one of my all time favourite movies,even the music was great,it will soon be a classic
May 30, 2016
Spielberg did a great job on this film. As the movie progresses however, it begins to lose its excitement resulting in a very sudden tone shift, which is essentially considered "bad."
May 26, 2016
Catch Me If You Can is directed by Steven Spielberg, and it stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hanks, and Christopher Walken in a biographical dramedy about Frank Abagnale Jr's life about being someone that he's not, like an airline pilot, a doctor, and a prosecutor back in the 1960s. I feel like after watching some of Adam Sandler films, it'll be time for a break and watch something else, like Catch Me If You Can for example, which is an excellent film. Leonardo DiCaprio gives a terrific performance that I'm glad that he got nominated for an Oscar, and Christopher Walken too which surprised me. Tom Hanks usually does a great job in terms of his acting, and Amy Adams in her early role is impressive of acting like the type of girl in the 60s. The writing by Jeff Nathanson is well written that I got know about Frank Abagnale Jr, his father, his mother, and Carl Hanratty. The movie does a good job of showing that even when Frank does the illegal stuff, he's still just a kid, and with his backstory, he goes through an emotional time. The score by John Williams is very different from his usual in the way that he used Jazz in this, and it really makes the film feel and sound classier. Catch Me If You Can is a very entertaining film that I really haven't seen films that show the bad and good side of a criminal.
May 3, 2016
Leo and Tom shine in this stylish crime caper with a very Hitchcockian feel.
½ April 12, 2016
I always knew this but just realized the scenes, and the story, flow and transition perfectly. This is one of "the" most important elements that makes a film great and memorable, perhaps timeless.
March 27, 2016
Catch Me If You Can is a masterpiece, the story is there, supported by the phenomenal performances of both Tom Hanks, and Leonardo Dicaprio make this movie a must watch.
March 27, 2016
DiCaprio and Hanks are brilliant!
March 22, 2016
This film isn't just a simple cat-and-mouse chase, it's more complicated and interesting than that. This film showed me Leonardo Dicaprio's astounding acting, Steven Spielberg's interesting and "fun" direction, and ithis film have also tought me a lesson or two. This isn't Spielberg's best, but it's damn well pretty close to it.
March 19, 2016
One of the most entertaining biographical stories out there. So based on a true story, this is the story of Frank Abagnale Jr. (Leonardo DiCaprio). He possesses the very unique ability to pass as any occupation he felt like being, such as an airplane pilot, a lawyer, or a doctor. He was also a master check forger, which doesn't sit to well with the FBI. When an agent (Tom Hanks) becomes obsessive about apprehending this genius criminal, it remains to be seen just how long Abagnale can stay in front of the law. This is a movie that has grown on me throughout the years, and it now sits as one of my very favorite movies of all time. When we stumbled upon this on cable the other day, my wife and I looked at each other, decided to pull out our own copy and start from the beginning, and I immediately became as enraptured with it as if it was my first time watching it. Even from the very start, this grabs you and doesn't let go. This may have my favorite opening credit sequences of all time, it is really that artful and skillfully done. This is a story that is too incredible to be fake, and the movie does a great job at selling that this is possible, which it has to do, because this really happened. From the beginning when Abagnale pretends to be a substitute teacher even though he is just a student, it shows the extent of how ridiculously smart he is. He's got the dangerous combination of the intelligence and charisma, which allows him to succeed at whatever he wants. Another reason why this movie is so fantastic is because of how much fun it is. It is made to look as tantalizing as can be, and it does a great job at selling you on this lifestyle, so much so that you want to see the man succeed in spades. This is an infectious story that shows how this man fooled a vast number of people. It shows just how much misdirection can be caused by a simple compliment, and how easy it is to get people to believe what you want them to. Once Abagnale mastered that ability, it was all easy street from there. Catch Me If You Can is a raucous good time and an excellent cat and mouse story as well. Tom Hanks is splendid as always, and he gets to deliver what I believe to be the best knock knock joke of all time in this. I can't recommend this enough, and it is one of my favorites for good reason.
½ March 16, 2016
How do you watch the movie
½ March 4, 2016
A film that at its core is about the struggle to please one's parents, "Catch Me If You Can" brings this incredible true story to cinematic life, owing much of its success to Leonardo DiCaprio's enthralling, charming performance.
March 2, 2016
Amazing adventure comedy. It tells the tale of frank Jr. Who not only pretends to be a puppet, but a doctor,government agent, and lawyer. Leonardo Dicaprio made the role a fun and love able character. Tom hanks on the other hand is a pretty hard and cruel character that eventually warms up at the end.
March 1, 2016
One of Spielberg's lesser known films is also one of his best, sensational movie. 4.8/5
February 13, 2016
Very great film love how confident Leonardo is in his roles all the time such a cold blood actor.
February 11, 2016
This is one of the funnest movies ever