Catch Me If You Can - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Catch Me If You Can Reviews

January 5, 2018
I could already tell from the beginning that this was a superbly written story and script and that I was in for a great ride. Supposedly, that was the real French prison where they put Frank. If that's the case I don't know how he didn't die due to the state of it, it looks filthy and unmaintained.

What a great mentor and a role model he had as a father. I almost can't believe this guys story. How was able to con and fraud all these people. I guess you could get away with it much easier than you can nowadays. I wish Frank's dad wasn't going through the bullshit he was going through with the IRS, scumbags. Tom Hanks' character is intersting. Amy Adams is cute in this movie, almost child-like.

What a genius cover up using all those girls as flight attendants to get through the airport unnoticed. Tragic what happened to him where his parents divorced, his mom started a new life with one of his father's friends, and then his father's passing. Jeez.

You imagine getting an offer like that? What would you say? To work for the very people who were trying to bring you down.

Overall, great cat and mouse chase story that's based on a true story. Also a great movie about a man's life and his story.
December 28, 2017
I recently watched "CMIYC" on HBO or might have been STARZ. They edited out the french prison scene that Abignale/Dicaprio suffered before he was extradited to the USA. Who is responsible for this edit/omission? I can only guess that is was white washed and 'FORGED" (pun intended) by a french prick who had the money and influence. Shame on all those involved to allow this scene to be cut out from the original!!!
½ December 25, 2017
M-F

8.4

[Steven Spielberg]
December 10, 2017
A very good movie from Steven Spielberg... !!!
½ November 19, 2017
With a strong performance from Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks, its starts off as a game of cat and mouse and evolve into something of a family tale between a father (Tom Hanks), and son (DiCaprio). Watching DiCaprio's character Abagnale work himself into unique and amazing situations is like watching magic itself. Sometimes, fact really is stranger than fiction
½ October 27, 2017
Entertaining and hilarious but yet always manages to stay grounded. Heartwarming.
½ October 9, 2017
This movie is exciting, well shot, and the dialogue is great. You feel yourself rooting for both sides, and yelling at the screen. Would recommend for ages twelve and up.
½ October 3, 2017
I love almost every single thing in Catch Me If You Can. It has some great comedic moments, some dramatic scenes, a sense of action at times, and even some mystery. I instantly latched onto the story and enjoyed going on this adventure with Leonardo DiCaprio. Somehow I instantly like him despite the fact that he continuously breaks the laws and lies to people. His journey is one that totally enthralls me, and I?m always surprised with how clever he can be. I find it even more impressive because this is all based on a true story. Some of the tricks he pulls feel so simple that I find myself wondering why everyone didn?t do the same back then. But it?s not just the forging of the checks that I enjoy, he also has some great scenes where he simply presents himself as another person and it comes across so natural that you feel like anyone could do the same.

There?s extra magic in Catch Me If You Can, though, because we get to see the other side of the crimes. Tom Hanks absolutely owns the character of Carl Hanratty, and makes the pursuit of Frank Abagnale just as exciting as the main story. Perhaps the greatest scene of the entire film is their first encounter with one another. Every second in that scene is tense, but also funny, and the two actors are at the top of their game. The strange bond that develops between these two characters adds so much to the story, and pays off in such a remarkable way. You can feel the mutual admiration between the characters despite the fact that one is trying to hunt down the other, and somehow that final showdown becomes touching, even though they have been at odds the whole film. Admittedly, a lot of this works because of the groundwork that Christopher Walken sets up as Frank?s father.

Spielberg deserves a ton of credit for perfectly nailing the tone of the film. In the hands of another filmmaker I could see Catch Me If You Can becoming a dark film that shows the depression in Abagnale as he has millions of dollars but can?t attain happiness. Instead we get a light adventure film that touches on those themes, but never feels the need to torture the audience with them. John Williams delivers a score that is original from his other work. It fits the film perfectly, and has a number of melodies that got stuck in my head for hours after watching the movie. But I wouldn?t say Catch Me If You Can is 100% flawless. It has some moments that don?t flow quite right, and there are a few scenes that feel like they could have been cut because they add nothing to the story being told or just repeat things we already knew. However, it?s only my hyper-critical subconscious that notices those things, because most of the time when watching this movie I have a great time!
October 1, 2017
Speilberg makes another excellent comedy/thriller about the real life story of Frank Abagnale Jr. who was a con artist at 16 years old. A liked it a lot.
½ September 26, 2017
One of my favorite classic movies. It has everything from the score, to the animation, to Tom Hanks and Leonardo DiCaprio, to an epic Chase movie where they follow DiCaprio all over the world, trying to finally capture him. I mean what's not to love? Fake checks, girls, lying, changing careers, and just running from the law. Love this movie!
September 13, 2017
Great story with a fantastic actors. Amy Adams is great and so is Leo and Martin Sheen. I didn't like Tom Hanks as much in this film, but it all worked for me.
½ September 10, 2017
Good fun movie, despite my personal dislike of DiCaprio. Ending left something to be desired.
September 1, 2017
Catch Me if You Can is an amazing true story movie with great performances from Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hanks and Christopher Walken! Frank Abagnale Jr played by Leonardo DiCaprio leaves his parents who get a divorce and goes off in the world on his own. He's a genius and is collecting millions of dollars from fake checks and other ways to get money. It's direction is very well done by Steven Spielberg and is a great movie to watch.
½ August 19, 2017
8/19/2017 (2): A good movie with a great cast. A very interesting story!
August 18, 2017
A movie that makes you think how really good steven Spielberg is at what he does but all in all this Is a good movie.
August 6, 2017
Goof fun movie. Maybe the intended audience required the over explaining of plot in the movie. Kept the characters real and not over displayed them to be larger than life. Acting was spot on and the tempo maintained for family fun. Thumbs up!
½ August 5, 2017
An understated film with big heart, fast pacing and very funny. With impressive performance's from Tom Hanks, Leonardo Di Caprio, and Christopher Walken.
August 5, 2017
****
'Catch Me If You Can' is stellar filmmaking from Steven Spielberg, who crafts a fun, brisk chase thriller with a surprising amount of heart and some great performances.
July 18, 2017
????????, ??? ?????? ???? ???????? ????????????? ?????????????. ??????????? ????? ????? ???????? ? ?????? ????? ?? ??????? ??????? ?????, ??? ??????? ????????? ????? ??????? ????????? ??????? ? ??????????. ??? ?? ?????? ??? ???????? ????????, ?????????? ????????? ????????, ??????????? ?????????? ? ?????? ? ?????????? ????, ??? ???????? ??? ??? ?? ???????? ???????.

??????? ???????? ???????? ??????????? ???????? ? ??? ????. ???????????, ????????, ?? ? ???? ???????? ???????, ?? ????? ????? ?????? ????????? ????? ??? ???????, ??? ???? ???? ????, ?????? ??. ? ?????, ???, ??? ? ????? ???????? ???????????. ???????????? ????? ???? ??????, ??? ??? ??? ?? ????? ????. ??????? ??? ??? ???????? ?????? ??????, ??? ??? ???????? ???????: "?????, ???????." ? ???-????, ???? ??? ????? ??? ?????, ??????? ? ?????? - ????????????????. ??????? ???? ? ????? ??????? ???????, ?? ? ????? ?????? ?????? ????????.

???????? ??????? ?????, ???????, ???? ???????? ????, ???????? ????? ??????! ??????, ????????? 30 ?????. ? ???????, ??????? ????????? ?????????? ?? ?????, ??? ?????????, ??? ??? ????, ?? ????-?????, ??? ??????? ???? ?????? ??? ???? ??????. ??????? ??????????? ???? ????, ?? ??????? ????????? ?????????, ?? ???, ????? ?????-?? ???????. ??????? ?????, ? ??? ?? ????? ????????? ????????? ??????! ? ???????? ???????? ??????????? ? 2:20, 2:30 ? ???? 3 ????, ?? ????? ??? ???? ??????? ?????????. ??? ? ????? ? ?????? ?????, ? ????? ?????? ?????????????. ??????, 8 ?? 10 ?????? ?? ?????? 1,5 ????, ????? 2, ?? ??? ? ???, ? ??????? ????????.

? ????????? ????? ???????. ? ???? ????????, ? ???? ??????????? ? ???? ????? ????? ???? ?? ?????? ?????. ??????? "????????" ??????? ???? ?? ????. ?????? ?????????? ?????????, ??????? ? ???? ????????. ??? ?? ??????? ???????, ???? ?????? ????? ?? ?????????, ??????? ?????, ????????? ?? 10, ?? ??????? ?????????? ??????????? ??? ????? ???????????. ???????, ????? ??????, ???????? ??? ????-?? ??? ???? ?????? ?????????? ? ???? ??????????.
½ July 17, 2017
A surprisingly stylish and moving picture about a good man who did some questionable things and the man who saved him.