Christmas With the Kranks - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Christmas With the Kranks Reviews

½ December 14, 2017
A predictable movie?????? Blair coming home!! Enrique! This is a fun filled family movie submerged with mountains of twists and turns. I watch this movie religiously. I pull out this bad boy when any family member or friends come over ANY time of the year. Rotten tomatoes gave 5% out of 100% but I give it 100% out of 5%!! Have you critics no compassion for Bev who is dying of cancer???? You peasants are no better than Tim the toolman Taylor in this film trying to skip Christmas and ruin the entire neighborhood's festivities. HELL to you all! Bye y
December 11, 2017
This was probably the worst Christmas movie I have ever seen. It was like it was trying to be a classic, but it just couldn't make it. There is a lot of dying comedy, and the story line just doesn't make sense. There were a few sweet parts near the end, but it just didn't make sense after the whole neighborhood had just spent a day helping this couple lie to their daughter.
December 7, 2017
Is it wrong to say this movie converted me to peganism, out of how much i hate the neighbors?
½ November 28, 2017
one of the worst movies that i've ever seen
November 20, 2017
favourite Christmas movie of all time
November 13, 2017
The Pacing Is Terrible In This Snoozefest. It's only 100 minutes but it fells like 200 minutes. That is how boring this film is. The characters are unlikeable, the jokes are unfunny and the plot has been used several times before! There is nothing new in this movie that hasn't been done before. I beg you DO NOT WATCH THIS AWFUL MOVIE!!!!
November 1, 2017
This Is The Best Christmas Movie
September 9, 2017
This is a very good Christmas movie for your family to enjoy to watch for any age. This movie would make you laugh alot at some parts. I hope everyone to enjoy this movie till Christmas comes or any month comes.
September 6, 2017
Great movie I watch it all year round. It's about a community coming together and sharing warmth during the holidays.
April 4, 2017
It's funny and good movie to watch
January 21, 2017
it's definitely not worse than santa claus conquers the martians...
½ January 14, 2017
Una ms de navidad de esas para rer un poco y que tocan la fibra sensible
January 5, 2017
Say what you want, this movie is extremely funny. My wife and I watch this every year and we continue to laugh. Haters only hate because their life isn't that great.
January 4, 2017
I like the main actors in this, but...I wanted to like this, but...Just wasn't quite what I was looking for. It's not that I don't like Jamie Lee Curtis paired with Tim Allen. Maybe it's the storyline, or certain moments where the humor just isn't my cup of tea. Or something. Other moments were funny. Hmmm, just not sure.

An early problem I had with this movie is when Mr Krank is getting ready to tell Mrs Krank about the getaway trip idea and she mistakenly thinks he's in the mood for love and then gets rejected by her darling husband...That was awkward to watch, and I remember thinking, "No wonder they only had ONE daughter. He could at least have given her a kiss given how excited she seemed." Oh well. It's comedy right?

When the Kranks decide they want to escape the holidays this year, sounds like a good idea to me. Their circle of friends, neighbors, and coworkers seem to have a real problem with this, which makes no sense to me, but ok.

I really wanted to see the Kranks go to their tropical vacation. How cute that they were working on their tans. The local priest seemed a little weird when he stood in front of them at the tanning place staring at Mrs. Krank's bikini top! Like that's any of his business.

Unfortunately for the Kranks, their daughter informs them at the last minute she is coming home for the holidays with her new fiance with whom she plans to have many babies, which throws a wrench into all their vacation plans. Well, maybe next year somebody will get their Carribean cruise vacation!

The ending: a classic neighborhood Christmas party, thrown together in a few hours by a Christmas miracle, with lots of good will, togetherness, and some magical Christmas snow.
½ January 2, 2017
I see this movie in 3 parts. The first part was fine and kept you interested. The second part of the movie started to get way too silly, almost as if they were trying too hard to make it funny. And, finally, the third part of the movie really gave it a nice warm Christmas feel. Overall, it's average but it's not a bad movie like some people say it is. Check it out, just don't expect it to be great in any way.
AVERAGE, 2.5/5 OR 5/10
½ January 1, 2017
What a complete disaster. What starts as a promising rebellion against the busyness of Christmas changes it's mind a third of the way through. Tim Allen tries, but I think even he knows this is junk.
½ December 30, 2016
So I really like the first half of the movie as our stars decided to skip Christmas after they become empty nesters. Our couple decided to skip Christmas and spend their money to go on a luxury cruise. I enjoyed how their crazy neighbors try to pressure them into still doing Christmas, but they refuse. What I didn't like was the second half of the movie when their daughter decides to come home for Christmas, so they now have to get Christmas together for their daughter. I would have rather the story continued to be about them not doing Christmas and ending with Tim Allen giving a speech to his mean neighbors that they miss their daughter. That doing Christmas without her is too sad and they just want to spend one year with each other. I just think this could have been a different movie.
December 25, 2016
A turn of the century Christmas classic with an all star cast
December 24, 2016
Why everyone so harsh on Luther Krant?!? I watched it every year for the tanning salon scene!
December 21, 2016
Christmas with the Kranks is another good Christmas comedy that is the epitome of Christmas comedy cliches yet it's watchable as well.