Christmas With the Kranks - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Christmas With the Kranks Reviews

January 21, 2017
it's definitely not worse than santa claus conquers the martians...
½ January 14, 2017
Una ms de navidad de esas para rer un poco y que tocan la fibra sensible
January 5, 2017
Say what you want, this movie is extremely funny. My wife and I watch this every year and we continue to laugh. Haters only hate because their life isn't that great.
January 4, 2017
I like the main actors in this, but...I wanted to like this, but...Just wasn't quite what I was looking for. It's not that I don't like Jamie Lee Curtis paired with Tim Allen. Maybe it's the storyline, or certain moments where the humor just isn't my cup of tea. Or something. Other moments were funny. Hmmm, just not sure.

An early problem I had with this movie is when Mr Krank is getting ready to tell Mrs Krank about the getaway trip idea and she mistakenly thinks he's in the mood for love and then gets rejected by her darling husband...That was awkward to watch, and I remember thinking, "No wonder they only had ONE daughter. He could at least have given her a kiss given how excited she seemed." Oh well. It's comedy right?

When the Kranks decide they want to escape the holidays this year, sounds like a good idea to me. Their circle of friends, neighbors, and coworkers seem to have a real problem with this, which makes no sense to me, but ok.

I really wanted to see the Kranks go to their tropical vacation. How cute that they were working on their tans. The local priest seemed a little weird when he stood in front of them at the tanning place staring at Mrs. Krank's bikini top! Like that's any of his business.

Unfortunately for the Kranks, their daughter informs them at the last minute she is coming home for the holidays with her new fiance with whom she plans to have many babies, which throws a wrench into all their vacation plans. Well, maybe next year somebody will get their Carribean cruise vacation!

The ending: a classic neighborhood Christmas party, thrown together in a few hours by a Christmas miracle, with lots of good will, togetherness, and some magical Christmas snow.
½ January 2, 2017
I see this movie in 3 parts. The first part was fine and kept you interested. The second part of the movie started to get way too silly, almost as if they were trying too hard to make it funny. And, finally, the third part of the movie really gave it a nice warm Christmas feel. Overall, it's average but it's not a bad movie like some people say it is. Check it out, just don't expect it to be great in any way.
AVERAGE, 2.5/5 OR 5/10
½ January 1, 2017
What a complete disaster. What starts as a promising rebellion against the busyness of Christmas changes it's mind a third of the way through. Tim Allen tries, but I think even he knows this is junk.
½ December 30, 2016
So I really like the first half of the movie as our stars decided to skip Christmas after they become empty nesters. Our couple decided to skip Christmas and spend their money to go on a luxury cruise. I enjoyed how their crazy neighbors try to pressure them into still doing Christmas, but they refuse. What I didn't like was the second half of the movie when their daughter decides to come home for Christmas, so they now have to get Christmas together for their daughter. I would have rather the story continued to be about them not doing Christmas and ending with Tim Allen giving a speech to his mean neighbors that they miss their daughter. That doing Christmas without her is too sad and they just want to spend one year with each other. I just think this could have been a different movie.
December 25, 2016
A turn of the century Christmas classic with an all star cast
December 24, 2016
Why everyone so harsh on Luther Krant?!? I watched it every year for the tanning salon scene!
December 21, 2016
Christmas with the Kranks is another good Christmas comedy that is the epitome of Christmas comedy cliches yet it's watchable as well.
½ December 20, 2016
Aggressively unfunny and morally demented schmaltz fest. Not only is this the worst Christmas film I've ever see , it's one of the worst films period.
December 19, 2016
Not that funny, but there have been some far worse Christmas films.
December 15, 2016
Revisiting thanks to Netflix...and the last 10 minutes of Christmas with the Kranks is really nice and pleasant for a Christmas movie. Unfortunately the entire movie before that is just a spiteful unhappy slog that no one needs to experience.
½ December 14, 2016
May 9th-19th 2012
November 11th 2014
December 9th -10th 2016.
½ December 13, 2016
This doesn't even deserve a single star. What a piece of shit.
½ December 12, 2016
Hit or Miss, if you turn your brain off its just a silly fun Christmas movie. Its not meant to be anything else
½ December 10, 2016
Submerged in recycled slapstick and mean-spirited characters, "Christmas with the Kranks" is a humbug of a holiday season comedy.
½ December 10, 2016
What a stupid movie. If this is the best an epic talent like Aykrord is offered, he should think about retirement.
½ December 4, 2016
It's actually funny and rewatchable. Tim Allen is spot-on and Jamie Lee Curtis holds her own. Good Christmas movies don't come easy anymore, but this is one! (First viewing - November 2004 in theaters)
December 2, 2016
Herible film, but had a few hilarious parts on Tim Allen's part