The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe Reviews

Page 1 of 42008
July 21, 2016
I regret watching this movie after i grew up, it was great when i was a child but re-watching it as an adult, i can't help but say that i hated the movie. The special effects were great, specially "Aslan" CGI but i couldn't even get past the annoying protagonists.
July 17, 2016
An amazing franchise that never should have been abandoned.
½ July 12, 2016
Not as powerful as the Lord of the Rings, but still a relevant version of the book by C.S. Lewis. I wish that the producers didn't fiddle with it, in order to translate it for a theatrical presentation.
July 11, 2016
8.2/10
The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe is a solid fantasy movie that keeps the viewer interested throughout. With outstanding action and awesome creatures, Narnia is a less complex fantasy movie that will leave you happy you watched it by the end.
July 6, 2016
Want to see it, but my sister doesn't.
Film C.
½ June 25, 2016
The film was kind of better than the book
½ June 23, 2016
great movie
my cousin told me about it and i liked it
½ June 19, 2016
Heartwarming and well-filmed...
June 14, 2016
It's not the best adventure film to be released, but it's certainly passable. The actors do a fine job, and the effects are pretty good. It's just a tad bit too predictable, and for me, it didn't really capture the magic of the books for me. That said, the story is told pretty well regardless. It's almost impossible to screw up a C.S. Lewis tale. oh how I wish that were true.
May 28, 2016
Incredible story, amazing visual-effects for the movie to not feel cartoon'ish, this movie can be enjoyed by all movie-goers.
May 26, 2016
Not without it's flaws but when it does manage to get things right, it really shines.
May 14, 2016
This is the order of the series:
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005)
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (2008)
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (2010)
May 8, 2016
Well paced and greatly acted, this first movie of the series offers comedic dialogue and nostalgia in its first 20 minutes but quickly turns solemn and serious as the children enter Narnia; with hit-or-miss special effects, this movie is quite entertaining but runs a bit long and becomes a bit too humorless.
½ May 5, 2016
It kinda went all down hill from here - but over a decade on and this is still a very enjoyable film. The underlying religious nature of the text was lost on me as a kid and that's the only thing that sticks out like a sore thumb - over the franchise as a whole really.
May 2, 2016
Remaining close to its source material is great for dedicated fans, but may be a bore for a common audience. Too much, stuffed into a movie without a lot of time to build its many characters.
April 30, 2016
very entertaining and interesting
April 5, 2016
love love this movie
½ April 3, 2016
Lovely and limited. You have to take the good with the bad and thank goodness for Tilda.
March 27, 2016
Great book... They did a good job! It's no "Lord of the Rings" though!
March 27, 2016
love it. Lots of action and lions. LOL.
Page 1 of 42008