The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe Reviews

Page 1 of 42009
July 15, 2017
Loved this when I was a kid and still love it
July 9, 2017
I love the movie with a good plot and good graphics. It have capture my attention.
June 27, 2017
B+
The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe is a solid fantasy movie that keeps the viewer interested throughout. With outstanding action and awesome creatures, Narnia is a less complex fantasy movie that will leave you happy you watched it by the end.
½ June 17, 2017
Exceptional adaptation of the classic story by CS Lewis. All around very good performances and outstanding special effects. Tilda Swinton as the White Queen is a standout!
June 14, 2017
Does NOT do the books any justice.
June 1, 2017
The book was good and this fallowed the book almost perfectly so the story and actoin flowed together.
½ June 1, 2017
The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe is a wonderful tale and this live-action version lives up to the task. A stirring film that accomplishes much and brings alive the fantasy and magic of Narnia.
May 17, 2017
Read the books! And now it has become a movie it's a good fairytale movie however I do like the second one more.
½ May 11, 2017
The special effects are pretty good (for 2005 at least), the acting is not half bad, the characters have enough development to be considered interesting, the action scenes are pretty intense, and the story altogether is a clever allegory of Christianity. I really wish Disney would make more original live-action films like this one again as opposed to ruining all their animated classics with unnecessary remakes.
½ April 30, 2017
One of my favorite fantasy films from childhood and I think it still holds up. With first rate special effects, a compellings story, memorable characters, and a lot of imagination, while also staying faithful to a classic story, Narnia the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe I think holds up as a great epic fantasy film.
April 4, 2017
Simplesmente amei esse filme!!!
½ March 31, 2017
better than the bbc version
½ March 20, 2017
I liked this movie, it was very well done.
March 20, 2017
Tries to imitate Lord Of The Rings with no success, what you get is an action fantasy with the personality of a piece of cardboard.
March 10, 2017
I always preferred Lord of the Rings over the Narnia, so it's probably me when I feel the same about the movie franchises. The first Narnia is decent, visually and all that, and maybe that's the issue. The style and the effects feel derivative of LoTR and the innovations Peter Jackson made in the fantasy film genre. Like, Disney didn't make Narnia because it's awesome, but because LoTR was successful.
½ February 26, 2017
A great movie! Follows the book almost exactly!
January 20, 2017
Narnia is an example of a great concept poorly executed. With strange scenes that don't add up, poor acting, and simple editing mistakes, Narnia is frustrating to watch, but the majority of the storytelling makes up for this.
January 14, 2017
It's technically marvelous and steadily directed, but it falls short in its reliance on its child stars that more often than not, collapse under the weight.
January 13, 2017
Narnia for me is a very good film to watch.
January 12, 2017
Classic. Watch the now hard to find Extended Cut if you have a choice in the matter. On Blu-Ray.
Page 1 of 42009