The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe Reviews

Page 1 of 42008
November 26, 2016
The first 30 min or so are the best. Rad special effects. However I confess that I have no strength to watch death of Aslan and I hope I'm not the only one. Out of all the animal deaths in any movie like ever, his is by far the absolute sickest and hit me in places I never knew I had. F*cking hate that witch. My fourth grade teacher (I'm now 29) read aloud the BOOK and had to give it to the student teacher at that part and I don't blame her in the least.
½ November 25, 2016
Boring the audience with dignity, good taste, inert pacing and big clanking plot mechanisms.
½ November 24, 2016
The graphics look amazing and the way they introduce this enchanting and magical world feels like a Harry Potter movie! But sometimes Lucy, Edmund, Susan and Peters actions can make you cringe and the introduction feels like it takes forever
½ November 11, 2016
Eh. Was ok. The children are hard to watch. Extremely annoying
October 5, 2016
Narnia for me is a very good film to watch.
½ October 5, 2016
Enjoyed the book as a kid. The movie is okay but I would have enjoyed seeing a storyline with more intimate character building. Also, trying to approach this stylistically as an epic watered it down way too much.
½ September 22, 2016
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is sometimes overly extended and the child performances aren't great, but this is such a wonderfully faithful adaptation filled with absolutely stunning special effects, a great work from Tilda Swinton and Liam Neeson, superbly executed action sequences and a moving and epic feel to it. It is an immensely satisfying adaptation of a classic book and such a frustratingly underrated film.
September 13, 2016
Not bad. A little boring at times it feels like Harry Potter.
September 2, 2016
Embarrassing but I actually really like this movie!!
August 28, 2016
i really want to see this movie. I've read book and I think that the movie will be great!!
½ August 12, 2016
It's meh for a young adult book turned movie, but not very appealing to adults.
August 4, 2016
Great visuals, solid acting and action, but very superficial screenplay for such a deep allegory, so its an epic scale story with a rather incomplete adaptation.
I don't like that it assumes you read the book.
The allegory is there on screen, yet several things will not make sense if watched as a grand fantasy movie.
Creative, exciting, colorful, visually amazing, Yes!
but WHY?? It comes across as silly when certain things are not given reference.
Sadly, WHY they are suddenly and reluctantly kings and queens is never explained, and important details like that are left out.
I felt this way at
The Passion of The Christ - if you walked in without prior knowledge, you are thrown into the unexplained story, and at most are shown facts, but not enough to involve you emotionally.

I'm a rather devoted born again christian, so I LOVED that both movies mentioned here were made.
ABSOLUTELY THRILLED!!
But, I'm kinda disappointed that someone whos not brought up knowing the christian background to the storylines would remain virtually lost - a HUGE gaff from those not explaining the faith elements.

So why 4 of 5, and not less, u ask?

As a christian, I believe in giving GRACE and supporting good movies.
This movie, and The Passion both mean tremendous things to me and my faith - when Aslan dies as the Christ figure here, and when Jesus stomps violently on the serpents head in The Passion, I was exhilarated and overwhelmed with the powerful symbolism of Jesus dying for me and forever breaking deaths finality by offering
eternity in heaven thru him.

Maybe I'm expecting too much from this movie, based on principle - my being a christian and wanting a thorough clarity of it for all who see it - in me or the movie.

It has been done clearly in other epics - Ten Commandments, Ben Hur, also Soul Surfer, even in Bruce Almighty w the prayer beads.
I'm campaigning for understanding, and not for being the judgmental cliche, so
I'm going with a higher rating - its a solid allegory that hopefully ppl get the important symbolism.

P.S. I ran out and bought the movies mentioned here - in order to support well made films about faith.
And yes, I put my money where my mouth is too.
=)
Mark this film: quite worthy.

4 spiritual swords out of 5
July 29, 2016
Maybe it's good.. who knows!!
July 21, 2016
I regret watching this movie after i grew up, it was great when i was a child but re-watching it as an adult, i can't help but say that i hated the movie. The special effects were great, specially "Aslan" CGI but i couldn't even get past the annoying protagonists.
July 17, 2016
An amazing franchise that never should have been abandoned.
½ July 12, 2016
Not as powerful as the Lord of the Rings, but still a relevant version of the book by C.S. Lewis. I wish that the producers didn't fiddle with it, in order to translate it for a theatrical presentation.
July 11, 2016
8.2/10
The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe is a solid fantasy movie that keeps the viewer interested throughout. With outstanding action and awesome creatures, Narnia is a less complex fantasy movie that will leave you happy you watched it by the end.
July 6, 2016
Want to see it, but my sister doesn't.
Film C.
½ June 25, 2016
The film was kind of better than the book
Page 1 of 42008