Citizen Kane - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

bombing ratings since 1941
May 30, 2018
Obviously a classic.
½ May 29, 2018
Excellent film, a bit long.
½ May 28, 2018
I feel generous giving 2 Stars. The entire movie you're on the edge of your seat waiting for something to happen, and not a single thing occurs. I am absolutely baffled why this is an honored classic.
½ May 27, 2018
A true disappointment There are no sugar canes
May 4, 2018
½ April 30, 2018
A masterpiece, though would not watch it again.
April 24, 2018
Engaging, sad, and all-around entertaining; this Orson Welles' masterpiece deserves every recognition. It's a timeless classic that was ahead of its time. A film that every filmmaker should admire for its risk and inventiveness.
½ April 19, 2018
revolutionary, powerful and striking. a landmark in american films.
½ April 8, 2018
It was okay, because of the era in which it was filmed, but the dialogue was a bit rushed. I would have liked to know what happened to Mr. Kane son.
April 6, 2018
This movie is like a windy day...it blows.
½ April 4, 2018
I doubt that too many people from my generation took time out of their lives to watch the legendary archived "best movie ever made". Most probably don't even know what it's about. Nowadays, it's a chore to watch and find satisfaction in something that was made 77 years ago. In my opinion; it can be understood (with an open mind) why CITIZEN CAIN was a milestone achievement in 1941. It was the genesis of well-made biographical dramas, such as LINCOLN and SCHINDLER'S LIST; nevertheless, in this particular instance, I had a very difficult time appreciating the historical significance of a genre that has been enhanced ten-fold over time.
March 23, 2018
Citizen Kane is, according to so many, the Greatest Film of All Time! Its story is unique and, in my opinion, this should have beat How Green Was My Valley for Best Picture back in 1942! Really! It should have!
March 17, 2018
A masterpiece, i regret not having seen it earlier. Even more impresive it's the first experience of Orson Welles as a director.
February 24, 2018
Welles performance is amazing and the story is amazing this movie isn't just good its incredible.
February 16, 2018
It's hard not to like this one. Timely again with the Patty Hearst CNN Documentary. Citizen Kane is always fresh and always relevant. The relationship between the media, money, propaganda and industry is as important in 2018 as it was in 1941 or 1898.
February 15, 2018
75 years passed by... and this film still deserve 4 full stars. That means that in the 40s, this masterpiece deserved at least 6 stars. Just saying.
February 7, 2018
Still to this date, I think Citizen Kane deserves to be at the number 1 movie of all time.
February 6, 2018
The only nitpick I have is at the very beginning of the film. Aside from that one thing, I'm just going to be another one of those guys who gushes on the majesty that is this classic film.