Citizen Kane - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Citizen Kane Reviews

May 4, 2018
½ April 30, 2018
A masterpiece, though would not watch it again.
April 24, 2018
Engaging, sad, and all-around entertaining; this Orson Welles' masterpiece deserves every recognition. It's a timeless classic that was ahead of its time. A film that every filmmaker should admire for its risk and inventiveness.
½ April 19, 2018
revolutionary, powerful and striking. a landmark in american films.
April 16, 2018
I feel generous giving 2 Stars. The entire movie you're on the edge of your seat waiting for something to happen, and not a single thing occurs. I am absolutely baffled why this is considered a classic.
½ April 8, 2018
It was okay, because of the era in which it was filmed, but the dialogue was a bit rushed. I would have liked to know what happened to Mr. Kane son.
April 6, 2018
This movie is like a windy day...it blows.
½ April 4, 2018
I doubt that too many people from my generation took time out of their lives to watch the legendary archived "best movie ever made". Most probably don't even know what it's about. Nowadays, it's a chore to watch and find satisfaction in something that was made 77 years ago. In my opinion; it can be understood (with an open mind) why CITIZEN CAIN was a milestone achievement in 1941. It was the genesis of well-made biographical dramas, such as LINCOLN and SCHINDLER'S LIST; nevertheless, in this particular instance, I had a very difficult time appreciating the historical significance of a genre that has been enhanced ten-fold over time.
March 23, 2018
Citizen Kane is, according to so many, the Greatest Film of All Time! Its story is unique and, in my opinion, this should have beat How Green Was My Valley for Best Picture back in 1942! Really! It should have!
March 17, 2018
A masterpiece, i regret not having seen it earlier. Even more impresive it's the first experience of Orson Welles as a director.
February 24, 2018
Welles performance is amazing and the story is amazing this movie isn't just good its incredible.
February 16, 2018
It's hard not to like this one. Timely again with the Patty Hearst CNN Documentary. Citizen Kane is always fresh and always relevant. The relationship between the media, money, propaganda and industry is as important in 2018 as it was in 1941 or 1898.
February 15, 2018
75 years passed by... and this film still deserve 4 full stars. That means that in the 40s, this masterpiece deserved at least 6 stars. Just saying.
February 7, 2018
Still to this date, I think Citizen Kane deserves to be at the number 1 movie of all time.
February 6, 2018
The only nitpick I have is at the very beginning of the film. Aside from that one thing, I'm just going to be another one of those guys who gushes on the majesty that is this classic film.
½ February 6, 2018
A great film with wonderfully done effects for its time. The acting, directing, and writing are top notch. This last time I watched it (3rd time), it did feel slightly dated for the first time.
½ February 5, 2018
don't tell me you're sorry..

Citizen Kane

Depicting a marriage within few minutes or even a career of an entertainer represents a keen and devoting man behind the camera as it probably is the first time the cinema must have encountered a 'biography' genre film with such powerful sequence and fast paced acts. Citizen Kane is considered to be one of the few masterpieces ever to be set in cinema history but for me it doesn't quite works for I fail to connect it on the first instinct and the soul of it as its genre is something that I can't seem to understand but having said that I can definitely observe and appreciate the craft ensemble by the actors and projecting it majestically along with the writers and makers who are not only completely attentive to each and every frame of it but speaks the cinematic language through their work. And as its genre suggests and asks for, Orson hasn't let it down through out the course of it pushing Citizen Kane onto the major league with the help of a gripping screenplay, stellar performances and some nail biting sequences that genuinely oozes brutality and humanity in the characters.
January 20, 2018
I may not have enjoyed it as much as I expected, but Citizen Kane is still one of the best movies of all time. The acting, writing, directing, cinematography/camera work, and editing are some of the best in cinematic history. Not all of the themes hold up to this day, but most of them do. Orson Welles shins both in the director's chair and in the lead role of Charles Foster Kane, portraying Kane as a charismatic young man who turns into an unlikable asshole as he gets older. It may not be perfect, but Citizen Kane's flaws are minor, few, and far between.
½ January 18, 2018
Puntaje Original: 6.5

Citizen Kane significa una trascendental influencia narrativa que todo amante del cine no puede pasar por alto.
½ January 15, 2018
One of the best ever. 1001 movies to see before you die.