Citizen Kane - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Citizen Kane Reviews

March 23, 2018
Citizen Kane is, according to so many, the Greatest Film of All Time! Its story is unique and, in my opinion, this should have beat How Green Was My Valley for Best Picture back in 1942! Really! It should have!
March 17, 2018
A masterpiece, i regret not having seen it earlier. Even more impresive it's the first experience of Orson Welles as a director.
February 24, 2018
Welles performance is amazing and the story is amazing this movie isn't just good its incredible.
February 16, 2018
It's hard not to like this one. Timely again with the Patty Hearst CNN Documentary. Citizen Kane is always fresh and always relevant. The relationship between the media, money, propaganda and industry is as important in 2018 as it was in 1941 or 1898.
February 15, 2018
75 years passed by... and this film still deserve 4 full stars. That means that in the 40s, this masterpiece deserved at least 6 stars. Just saying.
February 7, 2018
Still to this date, I think Citizen Kane deserves to be at the number 1 movie of all time.
February 6, 2018
The only nitpick I have is at the very beginning of the film. Aside from that one thing, I'm just going to be another one of those guys who gushes on the majesty that is this classic film.
½ February 6, 2018
A great film with wonderfully done effects for its time. The acting, directing, and writing are top notch. This last time I watched it (3rd time), it did feel slightly dated for the first time.
½ February 5, 2018
don't tell me you're sorry..

Citizen Kane

Depicting a marriage within few minutes or even a career of an entertainer represents a keen and devoting man behind the camera as it probably is the first time the cinema must have encountered a 'biography' genre film with such powerful sequence and fast paced acts. Citizen Kane is considered to be one of the few masterpieces ever to be set in cinema history but for me it doesn't quite works for I fail to connect it on the first instinct and the soul of it as its genre is something that I can't seem to understand but having said that I can definitely observe and appreciate the craft ensemble by the actors and projecting it majestically along with the writers and makers who are not only completely attentive to each and every frame of it but speaks the cinematic language through their work. And as its genre suggests and asks for, Orson hasn't let it down through out the course of it pushing Citizen Kane onto the major league with the help of a gripping screenplay, stellar performances and some nail biting sequences that genuinely oozes brutality and humanity in the characters.
January 20, 2018
I may not have enjoyed it as much as I expected, but Citizen Kane is still one of the best movies of all time. The acting, writing, directing, cinematography/camera work, and editing are some of the best in cinematic history. Not all of the themes hold up to this day, but most of them do. Orson Welles shins both in the director's chair and in the lead role of Charles Foster Kane, portraying Kane as a charismatic young man who turns into an unlikable asshole as he gets older. It may not be perfect, but Citizen Kane's flaws are minor, few, and far between.
½ January 18, 2018
Puntaje Original: 6.5

Citizen Kane significa una trascendental influencia narrativa que todo amante del cine no puede pasar por alto.
½ January 15, 2018
One of the best ever. 1001 movies to see before you die.
½ January 14, 2018
Amazing film with a great story that still leaves to be discovered after we've finished watching.
January 11, 2018
Generally, people give this movie a pass because of it's age. As a fan of silent movies I can say, this movie has little substance. The acting is bad and sometimes atrocious. The story is eh. Even the cinematography is lack luster. Watch any movie by G W Pabst and see what was being done 20 years earlier. It honestly pains me that this is widely considered the best movie of all time.
January 9, 2018
Had Citizen Kane been released today, I have no doubts it would bomb at the box office. Its long running time and winding plot line would leave audiences bored. Though I feel the film had a time and place where this would be considered the greatest film of all time, it would be ignorant to ignore how revolutionary this movie was and how it paved the way for every movie after it.
January 8, 2018
Grande filme, para ver e rever sempre.
December 31, 2017
Though its many supporters boast of its revolutionary cinematography, its relevance to the current context and impact on society at the time of its release, or the marvel of it being the first film by such a young Orson Welles, I cannot in any context recommend this movie to a friend (unless perhaps they are studying the history of cinematography). Citizen Kane is vague, with incoherent plot and morals. In addition to that it is severely lacking in joy and thrill. It starts out as a mystery movie, yet the ending is totally unsatisfying and too metaphorical, leading me to believe the real mystery is why it is such a critically-acclaimed movie. It is touted every decade by critics as the best film of all time. I believe this is a classic case of the Emperor's New Clothes epidemic. 2 out of 10 for being a triple-threat (no thrill, no humor, and no clear morals).
December 28, 2017
Considered one of the best films of all time. This does have brilliant cinematography and acting, but there were also many dull and slow moments. 1001 AAN
½ December 22, 2017
Garbage that is all I can say 3 hours to find out rosebud was a snow sled. long drawn out garbage. You cannot say you are love films if you love this movie is crap from beginning to the end I have suffered watching it several times its crap.
December 15, 2017
Visually stunning but lacking in plot depth. I would watch it again, but it's better to expect that it is great for the cinematography and not for the storytelling.