A Clockwork Orange - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Clockwork Orange Reviews

½ March 4, 2018
Absolute classic. A masterpiece of cinematography.
February 28, 2018
This film is beyond cinema with all the madness and the facts are really but painfull
½ February 27, 2018
Great movie would watch it any time
½ February 17, 2018
Another lost flixster rating. 1001 movies to see before you die.
½ February 13, 2018
Utterly awful, and disgusting, maddening, exactly what it was meant to be.
January 17, 2018
this movie is in the top ten in history...Probably the only film to follow the book word for word...maybe a "the" or "and" missing, This film SERIOUSLY deserves 100% anyone who didn't like it is an asshat and should go watch disney flicks or the Kardashians all day all day. I walked down the aisle to the most beautiful composition ever... didn't know it was a funeral piece by Purcell at the time...For Queen Mary...but A best soundtrack....and One of the best movies EVER. Wendy Carlos should rightfully be...and hope she is a millionaire considering her contributions to music. And piss off to anyone who doesn't give this movie 100% you obviously hav eno clue
½ January 6, 2018
Kubrick warps your mind in the most unmenacing way. He tunnel visions you to be fixated on Alex nature which is revealed in three grotesque acts where it is almost unbelievable how ludicrous one could be. But like clockwork, those three main acts are repeated by his victims. The cruelest one -outside of these main three- was devoiding Alex of his human nature, to -forcefully- nix out evil desires is not good when outside of man's choice.
December 29, 2017
This is one of my favorite Kubrick movies. It's very much on it's own league just like all the other Kubrick movies. But even said that, there's something really special about Clockwork Orange.

It's so darkly cynical. Alex's commentary is always something interesting and funny to listen to. I'm so glad that Kubrick cast Malcolm McDowell to play Alex. He has this mischievous and almost evil nature about him that suits the character perfectly. The first scene in the prison with the officer that shouts at Alex, always cracks me up. It was also nice to see familiar faces such as the actor who plays the priest in the prison. He also plays the general in Barry Lyndon.

Let's talk about the music and soundtrack. I think Kubrick is a very cynical man. One can see this in how he pairs uplifting and almost playful classical music to scenes of violence and savagery. It's very entertaining and funny to watch. The soundtrack done on the movie is also brilliant. It really captures the whole feel and message of the movie which is that of dark and dystopian. Those lingering and almost robot-like synth sounds are enticing.

It always astounds me, his use of wide angle lenses and shots. He always seems to know when to use them and when not to. It's always beautiful and elegant the way he films his movies. That's why he's one of the greats. This movie has so many sexual imagery like human genitalia and nudity. It's pretty crazy to see how you can condition a person so harshly, that their body will reject whatever it is that it's been programed to reject.

This movie ha so many memorable and unforgettable scenes. The most notorious scene being where Alex is strapped to a chair with his eyelids forced open in order to watch violent movies. This is a famous pop culture reference that we see in cartoons and other movies trying to mimic it.

Overall, brilliant film and a classic one at that.
December 23, 2017

[Stanley Kubrick]
½ December 19, 2017
Puntaje Original: 7.0

Parcialmente perturbadora y una magistral visión a lo más visceral de la psicología humana y la sociedad. Una distópica obra maestra.
December 16, 2017
A fantastic Malcolm McDowell performance and from the greatest director of all time, derived from one of the greatest English pieces of literature.
December 13, 2017
Boasting an electric cast, a bizarre yet engaging script, as well as masterful direction; A Clockwork Orange is as visually stimulating and thought-provoking as it is unnervingly disturbing.

4/5 stars
December 5, 2017
My favourite soundtrack, director, photography, script and film... Is not there something more epic, glorious or beautiful than this masterpiece?
December 2, 2017
I could watch Stanley Kubrick's Shining every day, but this, I couldn't do again.
November 25, 2017
A perfectly disturbing film about what humanity looks like when we act on darkest desires without regard, society's oppression of free expression, and the notion that personal change cannot be forced by exterior pressures--it must be willed.
November 24, 2017
So I'm honest I can not say much about this movie.
It's one of the best movies I've seen in life and one of my favorite movies.
In my life I met movies that I liked but not so good films were good or well done but I did not like it so much.
This is one of the few movies of my life where I just have to search the bad things with the magnifying glass and years later, the first look at my opinion has not changed until today.
Therefore, to give a proper review, I'll just list all the things I did not like about this movie:
The cut is a bit too fast for some places
The sound is a little bit poorly controlled from the middle (the place where Alex goes back to the house of this artist, I mean especially the truth, that's the only part of the movie that bothers me
You have to be able to get involved in this movie if you go in without knowing in this movie you get confused out until you can not do it anymore

PS: The movie is not the most brutal in the world but still has some view that makes many people shocking. I love those kind of movies, but I can see why a lot of people turned their heads around.
½ November 23, 2017
Disconcertingly dramaturgic and viscerally provocative, Stanley Kubrick's satiric adaptation of Anthony Burgess' novel is an exceedingly contentious prolegomenon on the aversion therapy for ultra-violence and the determinism of evil.
November 17, 2017
kubrick is the greatest director
November 15, 2017
A Clockwork Orange still feels like a minor work by Kubrick, and I can see why I didn't like it before, but I understand what everybody was going for and I think it does succeed as arthouse.
½ November 6, 2017
Unsettling and disturbing, a splendour that somehow makes the rapist psychopath the most human and understandable character.