Clue - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Clue Reviews

November 17, 2017
Sure, there's no real competition for this subgenre, but I sincerely doubt there will ever be a board game adaptation that will ever top the ensemble hilarity of Clue.
½ September 27, 2017
Very enjoyable and interesting. Well worth the watch
September 14, 2017
One of my favorite comedies of childhood even though I didn't get all the jokes. It was yet another politically oblivious 1980s experiment, with brilliant slapstick, bizarre character interactions, and a somewhat nihilistic approach to comedy. A gem of a movie and in the same vein as "Rocky Horror Picture Show" for its anarchic storytelling.
September 13, 2017
I love Tim Curry and this movie
September 3, 2017
Wow! Such a hard script! I give credit to the actors for even trying to learn such script! They did a good job! One of my favs!
½ September 2, 2017
Shouldn't work and yet it's wildly entertaining. Just about everyone in the cast gives absolutely perfect comedic performances.
August 26, 2017
This movie is excellent and gets better with every rewatch.
½ August 13, 2017
This was a very fun movie that left me guessing and trying to figure out who the killer is. It did a good job on not giving enough clues for it to be obvious, but just enough for eagle eye viewers to figure out. Plus, multiple endings.
August 5, 2017
With little in the way of depth and character development while also being slightly cliched this is nonetheless a funny and brisk mystery comedy that has a solid cast, a good score, lavish production and an entertaining plot with three alternate endings that all work in the context of the rest of the film which makes it a unique and clever way to end the film.
July 18, 2017
A spoof of whodunnits, a reflexive labyrinth like the board game itself, a performative topology. Clue burns slow through its first act, establishing the genre conventions and character entanglements, only to see the seams unravel and its frame crack, the underlying farce forcing its way to the forefront and eventually blowing out the backend. What makes the film particularly rewatchable, however, is the careful construction that allows for its multiple endings-knowing that any or all are possible, the second-time viewer seeks for the Clues she has already heard laid out the last time, looks for the missing persons and lost objects, plays the game though knowing the house always wins.
½ July 9, 2017
a hilarious underrated classic
July 4, 2017
A hilarious movie that uses its gimmicks, quirks, and cheesiness to its benefit. I also do enjoy the multiple endings at the conclusion of the film.
June 11, 2017
Absolutely hilarious, with amusing characters that interact well in a complicated plotline. And I love how the DVD lets the viewer see all three of the alternate endings!
June 1, 2017
It is an intense but hilarious movie at the same time. The plot as well as the actors are phenomenal, and I loved every piece of it. I only find is that the beginning is a little too confusing and unclear.
½ April 26, 2017
My family frequently references Clue a lot. Overall, I find the movie HYSTERICAL! "I'm not shouting! All right, I am! I'm shouting, I'm shouting, I'm shou--!"
April 14, 2017
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY NEW FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALLLLLLLLLLLLL TIMMMMMEEEEEEEEE
April 10, 2017
When six people are invited to a dinner party at the mansion of Mr. Boddy, a murder leaves everyone wondering who, what and where? Based on the popular board game of the same name, an all star cast leads this comedy of suspicious characters. Unlike most suspenseful movies though, upon it's release in 1985...it left not 1 but 3 different endings to choose from. Due to this ending(s), many people where either upset or confused about the way the movie was being portrayed. However, whether your a fan of the board game or not...the comedic talent of the cast and the surprise twists in the plot makes this a funny and worth-while adventure to take. Destined to become a cult classic!!!
April 8, 2017
Fast, effective, witty, and most of all; charming.
March 23, 2017
It's simply a fun, silly comedy with a superb cast.
½ March 16, 2017
Don't take it to seriously and you'll have a fun ride.