Clue - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Clue Reviews

½ November 1, 2016
Watched this for Halloween last night, it was as good as I remembered. [Spoiler Alert] It would have been better had some of the main characters got bumped off (just to make events less predictable), the maid was as close as it came. The alternate endings were pretty fun, but still a bit confusing, as it was difficult to keep track of everyone in every place. It was obviously built to be a comedy more than a mystery, but was still enjoyable.
September 10, 2016
Quirky and fun, a dramatic comedy for the whole family.
September 8, 2016
Such a funny movie! I'm so saddened that I never saw it when it came out. A combination of slapstick comedy and subtle humor leaves you completely happy and satisfied!!

A must watch for all ages!
½ August 23, 2016
An uproarious comedy that might be somewhat overly-outrageous, but a well-produced parody of Hercule Poirot and Dial M For Murder.
August 22, 2016
Clue is a cult classic... for a reason. It's biggest feat is taking 1 dimensional board game characters and turning them into regular (or not so regular) people in 1954 who all meet at a house to find out why they've been invited. With some cheesy dialogue and improvisation by Madeleine Khan, Clue is campy, goofy fun!
August 17, 2016
Murder mystery at a mansion during the 1950s in this movie partially based off the popular Parker Brothers board game. This comedy suspense flick has an all star cast, it's just too bad their efforts are wasted in this silly whodunit ripoff.
July 23, 2016
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 20, 2016
A fun, ridiculous movie that doesn't take itself too serious.
July 7, 2016
Simply put, this is my favorite movie of all time.
June 29, 2016
My all time favorite movie!
June 20, 2016
Clue is a classic adaptation of a classic board game. It wasn't a massive success, but it's a fun film, consisting of critically acclaimed actors, including Eileen Brennan, Tim Curry, and Christopher Lloyd (before BTTF). The movie is fun, but it's not one of my favorites. But it's up there.
½ June 19, 2016
Mis-direction fantasia.
June 16, 2016
One of my favorites for all time.
½ June 16, 2016
4.5/5. Hilariously fun movie.
June 12, 2016
I'm going to go ahead and tell you that my rating only reflects my personal enjoyment and my genuine love for this movie. If you didn't grow up watching Clue then you probably won't get it or enjoy it as much as I do. This is the original board game movie (before Battleship came along), and I'd say they did a fantastic job with it. Sure they could have done a literal translation of the game and made it a tongue-in-cheek murder mystery, but instead they chose to also make it a comedy. It works wonderfully, even if the plot and its resolution doesn't really pan out. The enjoyment of the movie is for its performances and characters, which it has in spades. It features an all-star ensemble cast with fantastic performances from Tim Curry, Madeline Kahn and Michael McKean, not to mention Christopher Lloyd, Martin Mull, Lesley Ann Warren and Colleen Camp. There's also a couple of pseudo cameo appearances by Jane Wieldin and Howard Hesseman. The tone of the film is solid and fantastic and the whole thing still holds up well to this day even if the jokes don't quite hit their mark every time. It's one of my favorite movies and always leaves me with a smile on my face.
May 2, 2016
Awesome movie. One of my favorites. The multiple ending idea is a great idea for this movie because it uses the concept from the board game itself as the who what and where always changes. It's a laugh fest from start to finish and worth the watch.
½ April 26, 2016
77%
Saw this on 25/4/16
The film may not have been able to retain its shear inventiveness throughout its whole length, but it clearly achieves its objective in becoming an engaging parody of the Gothic whodunit subgenre. Its third act is extensively brain storming and may not appeal to all, I for one found two of the endings to be bad and one to be average.
½ April 23, 2016
Taking six very pointedly immoral characters and spinning a tale of secrecy, lies, and murder, this movie shows us what not to do and ends with every man getting what's coming to him. If the character development wasn't enough, the special effects prove to be effective tools, honing in on the deeper meanings of the script. The acting allows the audience to relate to the characters and understand the sometimes hidden messages meant to teach. These aspects keep people coming back to watch over and over again this cult classic.
April 22, 2016
March 20, 2016
The movie might be ridiculous and corny, but "Clue" is very funny nonetheless. It isn't hard to see why this is considered a cult classic. It has funny characters, a ridiculous premise, and multiple endings, just like the board game it's based on. Is it a comedic masterpiece? No. Do I still find it funny a decade after seeing it for the first time? Yes.