Reviews

• Oct 04, 2021

A solid action thriller that is entertaining enough to be worthy of watch. Jamie Foxx's performance carries this film that starts off intriguing but slowly becomes generic and predictable towards the end.

• Oct 01, 2021

Very interesting crazy movie starring tom cruise and Jaime fox. It took a while to get going but once it got going I was very intrigued to see what would happen next. The ending is a bit disappointing though because I kinda predicted that. But the journey was pretty cool. Tom cruise in this is probably his 2nd craziest performance yet besides tropic thunder. But he's very serious. It's a very simple movie in my eyes not truly knowing why this movie happened. In the end I enjoyed it while it was happening and I recommend it but this is a good one time watch.

• Sep 30, 2021

• Sep 13, 2021

I actually really enjoyed this movie. Saw one night randomly on TV and it just hooked me and would not let me go. Has wonderful writing.

• Aug 20, 2021

Good film overall, nice length great performances and cast, which I believe to be the main reason for the film being good.

• Aug 16, 2021

With an amazing acting, even by Mr. Scientology. I thought it was still well done!

• Aug 12, 2021

Collateral is a good action thriller movie which keeps you bounded till the climax. Movie's plot was good. Story's execution, performances by Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx, environment creation; all these things contributed in making this movie impactful. Overall, a good movie which gives you taste of suspense, drama, action and thriller.

• Aug 10, 2021

Right off the bat this movie's got great style. I like the way Mann films his movies. He understands how to make things feel intense, suspenseful or thrilling. Those close up shots, the handheld camerawork. Holy shit, he almost didn't get in his cab. He would've avoided a night of craziness. Holy shit I almost didn't realize that was Mark Ruffalo. He looks like a straight up Mexican mob guy. Holy shit man so suspenseful. So many things that happen are by chance. I love Tom Cruise's character. So ruthless but also kind of a good guy in a way. I mean he's just doing his job, which happens to be killing people. He understands the meaning of a dollar and that money talks. He's pretty cynical, but then again I guess you have to be in order to do that line of work. Wow, that was childish of Max to throw his suitcase onto the freeway out of a fit of rage. Why'd he do that? That was so dumb. I guess it set in motion another test for Max. The movie surprisingly has its moments of humor. Like when Max and Vincent visit Max's mother in the hospital. That was a good way to bring the intensity down and lighten the mood a little. I love the part when they psychoanalyze each other in the cab. They get pretty deep. Each digging up things that neither of them wanted to hear but had to be said. I kind of sympathized with Vincent's character at the end. Although he took peoples lives for a living, that last statement when he said, "You think anybody will notice my death?", left me feeling kind of sad for him. He must have been a very lonely and loveless man. The movie's bittersweet ending left a feeling in me of both despair and hope. Vincent's life of violence ends but now Max has a chance to start a new one. An exciting thrill ride of a movie with fantastic acting. A great movie about fate, chance, destiny, the routined lives we live and second chances to start a new one. The movie also serves as a very enlightening character study, especially with Cruise's character and the interesting relationship that forms between Max and Vincent. Vincent's character is kind of like the God of trials, testing Max to see how far he's willing to go, and in the end breaking Max free of his boring and mundane life so that he could start a new one. He's clever and always thinking two steps ahead. Cruise did an amazing job playing the villain. I wish he would do more villain roles. It also makes me question why he didn't get nominated for his role in this movie. I'd definitely revisit this movie again.

• Aug 09, 2021

A hitman who can't even shoot someone in point-blank range.A taxi driver who can stand up to a hitman without worrying about his life because he is in no real danger and will be protected by his plot armor through the end. It's not a bad film but not good either.

• Jul 02, 2021

As with most Michael Mann films, the movie has a great atmosphere. Not seeing Tom Cruise on the good side here is one of his best roles.