Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Reviews

½ March 21, 2017
Really horrible. I can see a little bit why other people like it, the movie feels like it gets no where, so they try to make a good story but it just does not work. The acting and the CGI was good, I can't really say it was bad because the CGI was really good, and with the acting really got the film to be suspenseful. But after all the movie isn't the best.
½ March 11, 2017
Just awesome. Give Andy Serkis an Oscar or something, because he makes this movie. Spectacular visual effects, brilliantly directed, and everything I hoped it would be.
March 11, 2017
Somehow enhancing upon the originals groundbreaking effects, this sci-fi spectacle will have you rooting for the apes
½ February 27, 2017
Thought it was pretty good for the most part
½ February 26, 2017
Written with a completely irony laden anti-war and anti-racism plot combining that with superb special effects depicting pro-peace Caesar vs pro-war and violently bigoted Koba, the "Donald Trump" of the Apes, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes easily equals if not outmatches its predecessor.
½ February 26, 2017
This film had a very good plot and I didn't think it was possible to have one this good having watched the old series in full. It started off well, however, the extended battle sequences and never ending battle(s) let it down a bit, and significantly dulls the outcome of the plot in the end.
February 26, 2017
The second film in the 'new' Planet of the Apes series, this picks up something like 10 years after 'Rise ... ', when most of mankind has been wiped out (shown in the opening credits sequence) by the ape virus created in that earlier film.

As such, the first portion of this film follows Caesar and his new family living in the forest, and is largely dialogue free, with the apes communicating by sign language.

That changes, however, when a small enclave of survivors stumble across the Apes, leading to (effectively) a clash of cultures.

Overall, I found this to be somewhat slower than the first film; never really capturing my attention as much. That's not to say that it is a bad film, just not as good as the first (then again, sequels rarely are!).
February 20, 2017
Wow, that was something
January 21, 2017
Dramatic, emotional and full of sci-fi visuals that amaze the eye. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is smart and that's where it's true strength lies. This film is a blockbuster that has an actual story to tell and that story is exactly what elevates it above other films striving to accomplish what it has accomplished.
January 11, 2017
The characters and story drive the action in this movie. The reasons why so any blockbusters are SHIT is because they only focus on shooting beautiful actions sequences in which the characters are just an afterthought.
½ January 7, 2017
This is a masterpiece of cinema, I most definitely enjoyed the human aspect that we start to see in these apes are they develop their character. This film articulates a vivid representation of how civilization and society operates in the world and to top it off, the directing is beautiful and the action is well done.
January 7, 2017
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is as much about humanity as it is about apes. While Andy Serkis shines as Caesar, and Jason Clarke is very good as Malcolm, the movie doesn't give you just that. Gary Oldman is great as Dreyfus, and the actor who plays Koba is nothing short of spectacular. This movie is much more than a simple sci-fi tale; the movie delves into topics that many other films are afraid to talk about such as, "what does it mean to be human?", as well as carrying political and racial undertones. Overall, this movie is far more than meets the eye, with a great cast, exiting action, interesting themes, and the best movie villain in recent memory, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is my favorite film of 2014, and is a movie that I will love and think about for years to come.
½ January 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 2, 2017
I love every ape I see, from Chimpanz-a to Chimpanzee. What an odd world we're in where one of the most quality franchises is...Planet of the Apes.
½ January 2, 2017
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes might just be politically the most entertaining sci-fi film up to date.
½ December 28, 2016
Good sequel but a tad ridiculous in places.
December 28, 2016
Very good movie can't wait for the next chapter!
December 20, 2016
Such a cool movie. The ape colony and human colony are both well realized, and the characters are worth watching. You can enjoy the action, effects, and story. Unless you only like non-linear movies, or very linear conversation films, you will probably find something to like here. I personally was fond of the chimpanzee riding the horse while (Spoiler alert) shooting an automatic rifle at humans.
December 17, 2016
One of the best blockbuster films I have ever seen, if not the best. ''Dawn of the Planet of the Apes'' combines stunning special effects with a well-written plot, intelligence, and exciting action scenes. Despite the film's length, the movie never feels too long, and no scenes feel like filler. The fight scenes are exhilarating and keep the audience on the edge of their seats, but the film is also not afraid to slow down at certain points to make room for character development.
December 14, 2016
Good action with a good storyline which keeps the series going.