Day of the Dead: Bloodline - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Day of the Dead: Bloodline Reviews

½ January 19, 2018
stopped watching as doon as the opening title for the film showed on the screen...
pure garbage!!!
½ January 10, 2018
It's bad. Offensively bad. None of the character choices make any sense, one super not zombie is the antagonist who could have been easily spotted multiple times. They took the original and made everything about it worse than you could imagine. Even the cheap cgi gore fails to compare against the original latex.

Just bad. Literally not a single redeeming trait. The people that made this are bad, and they should feel bad for making a mediocre movie much worse.
½ January 8, 2018
Can something truly be considered a "re imagining", when it is utterly devoid of imagination? Interesting question. I guess? Technically? This is the cheapest form of cash in. No soul, no quality, no essence of anything related to the original source. This is a quick buck, thoughtless money grab, and nothing more. This is SYFY channel movie of the week caliber. Quite the insult to Romero, mere months after his death. And Jonathan "I don't need to tell a story with my words. I tell a story with my body" Schaech can do neither. This is low, man. Real low

Also the review by "Linda D" giving this 5 stars is FAKE. Note that the only joined Rotten Tomatoes the day this premiered, has one review, for this, claims it's the best movie ever, and then goes on to say that she will probably see it again at one of "those horror festivals" lol
½ January 7, 2018
Horrible, horrible movie with way over the top and overly exaggerated spraying blood effects and terrible actors. Not even the zombies could save this film. No one wants to see fast running zombies, even the mere idea of that is just stupid, especially in an 'of the dead' movie. And they make it even worse with running, quick thinking, stealth ninja zombies. George Romero is rolling in his grave right now, and I guarantee Tom Savini will have a good laugh at the god awful effects. If these companies are not going to do an original film justice, they need to stop remaking them.
January 7, 2018
only a few days before watching this, i remember reading that the makers of this wanted to remain faithful to the material by not making the zombies climb up walls or do back flips, shame they didn,t go all the way with that train of thought and keep them as slow moving Romero zombies instead of fast moving ones. i,m not saying there is anything wrong with the idea, i personally prefer fast moving to slow moving, but if your going to make the claim that your staying faithful, don't half ass it. not a bad movie, but far from the homage they claimed it would be
½ January 6, 2018
This movie reminds me of all the corny horrible zombies movies on Netflix.
January 6, 2018
When I began watching, I thought it would be a nice re make of Romero's jewel.. After 15 minutes, I knew it was "filth"...lame acting, stupid and annoying Zoe, not bad gore but not enough to rescue the movie. It was a shame to waste 90 minutes on this trash.
½ January 6, 2018
OK so here the story:

The main character Zoe is a student in a hospital and study in epidemiology and have a patient called Max who have an abnormal amount of antibodies on his blood (at this point you already get what will happen on the movie).
Unfortunately this patient his also a psychopath stalker in love with Zoe.

The evening the student have a party and Zoe go get some beer on the morgue fridge...ok!, arrive Max who try to rape her but Zoe is a lucky girl and one of the body wake up and attack Max. Zoe run to the party to tell people to go out but zombies attack.

Zoe's teacher who tell at the beginning she will not be at the party was here and turned to Zombie (How? Why? it's a mystery).

Anyway everyone die (and turned to Zombie) and Zoe escape.

You can notice on this movie that Zombie will attack people, bite them and go to the other victim (they don't eat them).

We are five year later. Zoe is a doctor on a military base and work for a cure. Everything is well organized they have food, people are protected.

One day a child became sick and need medicine they don't have. In order to prevent an outbreak Zoe ask to the lieutenant in charge to start a mission to get medicine into the hospital she was working because she know where the pharmacy is and she know the code ! (Yeah a bunch of soldier can't open a door closed with a locker).

On the way, one of the 2 hummer broke in the middle of a forest and they start to yell to each others (yeah it's good to yell in the middle of a forest Zombie will not hear you at all !) until they start to fix the car.

The night fall and the mechanic fix the car at the exact moment zombies start to attack from every side (Zombies start to hunt in group??).

They escape and arrive at the hospital, they arrive at the pharmacy start to take everything they need to go back, easy?, no Zoe stop to her old office to pick up some pictures and other medicine, but a Zombie is looking at her. He attack and she shoot at him (but miss) and start to run and drop a scarf , the Zombie smell it and of course we recognize Max (What a surprise !)

All the Zombies around start to attack. They escape but one of the soldier die (attacked from behind).

They arrive in the base with Zombie Max hided under one of the hummer (WFT?, how did he get here?), Zombie Max go to hide before one of the military check the car.

The base chef the lieutenant (I don't remember his name) blame Zoe for the death of the soldier.

Anyway, Zoe get the medicine and cure the girl (I'm not a doctor but drugs don't have expiration date?). Now Zoe is crying on her bedroom watching the pictures she took, a man is dead for those pictures remember, I hope she cry because she understood how stupid she is ... .

On this scene Zoe is wearing a black top (important) because on the next scene she is wearing a white one.

But what happen with Zombie Max? After killing a soldier outside he's successfully sneak into the base at the last minutes before the door closes, unnoticed he start to look for Zoe using the aeration tunnel (Alien Style).

No one noticed the missing soldier or the Zombie walking into the tunnel...

Zombie Max successfully kill to other people (a couple), the woman yell but NO ONE hear her (they live in an underground base, it's just long tunnel, what about the echo??).

Zombie Max attack Zoe and before he start to finish what he started 5 years earlier, Zoe ask the military to not kill him because he didn't tried to bite her. They restrain him on the lab.

After that, the lieutenant of the base ask how Zombie Max sneak into the base? Was he alone? Do we have missing people? No I'm joking no one ask those questions.

Zoe finally discover that Zombie Max was Max and start to use his blood to make a cure.

During a scene where Zoe was arguing with her boyfriend she was wearing a white top, she left the room and when she arrive in the lab she was wearing a blue top...

In order to work on the cure, Zoe need blood samples from Zombies, so without asking the lieutenant they organize a mission (during the night again) to take the blood samples by opening the main gate and let them pass one by one. When they where taking the blood sample from the second Zombie the guy who was holding the fence (alone against a bunch of zombie) start to yell to say he can't hold the fence. But no one care.

The fence collapse and 2 soldier dies. But she got the sample ! (we are at 6 people dead because of Zoe since the beginning of the movie)

She started to continue to work on the cure and at the moment she find it Zombie Max escape (he grab the key from a soldier earlier and hide them on his pocket).

She escape and Zombie Max was free on the base.

The military start to hunt him and Zoe go alone to take the sick little girl, and of course Zombie Max take her as hostage (first zombie hostage situation scene ever). Zombie Max release the little girl and grab Zoe and open the base gate and Zombies start to come inside. Military arrive shoot max (not deadly shoot yet) and save Zoe BUT the little girl afraid escape and go through the door Zombie Max open (outside) instead of going inside the base.

Zoe run after the girl to save her and Zombie Max follow.

All the military are killed by Zombies, the lieutenant too and the boyfriend is bitten. And Zombies go inside the the rest of the base and start to kill everyone.

During this time Zoe, the little girl and Zombie Max play hide and seek and Zoe kill Zombie Max by cutting is head off (Finally).

Zoe come back and find Baca (the boyfriend) ready to kill himself but she said NO I CAN MAKE A VACCIN ! (for who? everyone is dead).

The next scene is Zoe giving the vaccine to Bacca save him and everything is good everyone is happy and THE END.

So what about all the Zombies inside the base? They disappeared? (like the movie scenario).

So what to say about Day of the Dead: Bloodline?

The characters are stupid and have irrational behavior, hey let's go raid in the night an hospital full of Zombies ! Nothing bad will happen !
Most of the dead are people surprised from behind by a Zombie, are they deaf? or is it silent Ninja Zombies?
The only rationnal character was the lieutenant who was supposed to be the bad guy.

If I need to compare this movie with the original Romero Day of the dead, I will say that first of all this movie is not a remake at all and it's an insult to Romero movies.
January 6, 2018
Kicked straight in with a great tone and suspense! I was worried it'd be lame but was worth driving over to LA to see it! Will watch again at a horror festival or something
January 5, 2018
This movie has everything, bad director, bad acting, bad script, bad dubbing, and gore that is so laughably over the top that it unintentionally makes this a spoof of iteself. Avoid at all costs.
January 2, 2018
Surprisingly decent movie loaded with lots of gore. The story starts similar to 2004's Dawn of The Dead, where the opening scene grabs you right of the bat. My only complaint was that the movie was too short (85 minutes without credits) The end leaves it wide open for a sequel.