Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights Reviews

• Nov 24, 2019

Sterilised. The characters, the sets, the costumes. The stench if bleach stinks like thus germ free waste of good film budget.

• Jul 19, 2019

This movie may not be the classic dirty dancing, but it is just as great. It is not a remake but a different story view of the dirty dancing concept. Me and my family loved this movie, it's sweet romance and concept of a friend fixing the mistake they made, to help out their friend.

• Jun 30, 2019

A great film with a perfect soundtrack and amazing dancing!!

A great film with a perfect soundtrack and amazing dancing!!

• Jan 07, 2019

A six-word review is arguably all that's necessary for this movie: at least the dancing is hot. More a remake than a sequel, Havana Nights takes the Dirty Dancing formula (which is actually "Romeo and Juliet" crossed with "Cinderella" and transplanted into the 1950s) and infuses it with cross-cultural issues. For the most part, it's a better film that its tepid 1987 inspiration - at least until the end. Sure, the storyline is unsurprising, but the acting is more elastic, the dialogue is less laden with clunkers, and the dance sequences arguably exhibit additional energy (maybe it's the salsa-flavored rhythms). However, while the strength of the original Dirty Dancing was its magical, climactic "(I'll Have) The Time of My Life" coming-out party, Havana Nights comes close to falling apart in the last ten minutes. Instead of a celebration of teen love and dance, we get a perfunctory lesson in politics as a glossed-over, whitewashed Cuban Revolution hits Havana.

• Jan 07, 2018

Love this movie! It's well acted with a great cast that doesn't disappoint and the dancing is terrific. And what a treat to revisit the unforgettable Swayze who was still fabulous in his fifties only 4 years before his untimely passing. The clothes and cinematography make me yearn for my childhood. And by the way, shame on that producer that criticized Garai's figure and made her weigh in daily during filming. What a complete IDIOT. This movie is a cult classic.

• Apr 20, 2017

I liked it, but sad ending....even though it's what really happened...fun dancing and costumes, cute main actors.

• Feb 12, 2017

Anyone who loves to dance and/or latin culture will adore this movie! It's just perfect :)

• Jan 16, 2017

The movie was amazing and the dancing was wonderful. One of the best movies I have ever seen.

• Jun 25, 2016

Based in Havana Cuba, it really makes me wanna visit someday. They also included an amazing piece of Havana Cuba history into their storyline.

• Mar 30, 2015

I can't figure out what I'm watching. Dirty Dancing? Besides the few nods back to the original including a dancer with a face prosthetic so that she looks like Baby from a distance it really doesn't make sense to call it Dirty Dancing as a remake or sequel of sorts. Is Evita involved somehow? Wait, now it's high school musical. Was that a dance move from Grease? I'm confused. Havana Nights is completely pointless and nothing more than aimless fluff with absolutely no chemistry between..well any of the characters. I gave it two stars because it's always fun watching people dance.