DOA: Dead or Alive - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

DOA: Dead or Alive Reviews

½ July 2, 2016
No matter how many times I see this movie, I always have fun with it. As a long time fan of the video game series, I really appreciate how much it tried to be faithful to it. Sure they changed a few things, and it doesn't take itself seriously at all. Apparently most audiences did, because they bash this movie like crazy. Oh well, as far as video game movies go, this is one of my favorites. Too many haters.
May 15, 2016
Unlike most video game adaptations, Dead or alive captures the goofy but somewhat sexist tone of it's source material. Unfortunately it could prove to be a major turn off for most audiences.
½ March 6, 2016
Underrated. It's a fun action movie that doesn't take itself too seriously and doesn't drag on forever with talky bits. A breath of fresh air in a film world that thinks the only people we want to see kicking ass are old grizzled white dudes.
February 13, 2016
Never a fan of the games. The hot girls make me interested though. GOGOGO
January 18, 2016
Not a good movie.

If you're looking for a fun trashy fight movie. Look no further.
December 29, 2015
Cuties fighting? Bring it on!
½ November 13, 2015
like postal, dead or alive is very controversial when it come to its portrail of women but noth the lest it's a very good action film and a guilty pleasure to many.
July 27, 2015
It's entertaining enough. It's no "Mortal Kombat" when it comes to its tone (in fact, it's surprisingly fluffy), but definitely not as bad as critics made it out to be. I think the reason why I kind of enjoyed this film is that my expectations were really low. I mainly wanted to see characters fight for the hell of it (profound reasons or otherwise) and I got just that. This movie could've been better if there were gore, a more menacing villain, and a darker tone. It's too tongue-and-cheek for its own good and I must admit that I did roll my eyes more than five times throughout the whole film because some characters are too cartoony. Still, it's an enjoyable piece of junk. If you're remotely interested in watching it, I won't stop you.
½ May 11, 2015
Watch instead of playing Street Fighter.
½ March 2, 2015
Seriously? Wonder how many jiggling boobies there will be in this...
February 1, 2015
WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH....
½ January 31, 2015
All these beautiful women fighting in bikini is exciting to watch. The movie; not so good.
November 3, 2014
I think it's pretty obvious why I liked this movie. I especially love Sarah Carter and Jaime Pressly. No, really...love them...
½ October 9, 2014
Nonsense. The cheesy acting and ridiculous plot go hand in hand and there is really no saving either. There is the bonus of some great eye candy but this can only go so far. The fights are silly but fairly entertaining, all of them delivered as deliberate set pieces so as to almost underline that this is a video game movie.
The dialogue is truly aweful and completely over saturated with one liners. Any attempts from the cast to give the script any emotional credibility is lost as there is just bo point. The action is very heavy on the slo-mo and unfortunately this did start to detract from some otherwise slick fight choreography.
There is an awesome opener for Holly Valance's character involving a gun and a bra that promises a slicker, cooler film ahead.. but the end result it is just too cheesy to pull it off.
This would be a one star review..but I'm adding an extra half star for creative fights and hot women.
September 27, 2014
Hot chicks fighting? Okay. I won;t go out of my way to see it or anything, but I'll watch it if it's on.
½ August 17, 2014
basically this is Mortal Kombat (superb fight scenes) but without the sci-fi and supernatural elements and a LOT more boobs. Who cares about plot? Let's just cram in a ton of awesome fighting with some rockin' music. Good stuff if you are into that sort of thing which I personally am.

Surprisingly good cinematography too.
½ August 13, 2014
Beautiful women cheesy movie true camp and it's crap I love the video games but dead or alive is a pitiful movie
July 23, 2014
Holly Valance come back the 0800 REVERSE adverts have't been the same without you!!!
½ July 18, 2014
The movie poor adaptation of Dead or Alive, does it really need a plot because serious who cared about this mess of a film. This has to the worst Video game adaptation that I'v ever seen in my life. The movie is boring forgettable mess and the action and the fighting in the film was really dull to watch.
July 16, 2014
An incredible and innovative story plot that is quite uplifting with plenty of ass kicking action from beautiful women.