Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead Reviews

December 3, 2016
Very 80's for a movie that came out in the 90's.
December 3, 2016
Sickening parenthood.
½ August 9, 2016
Another one joke comedy from the late eighties and early nineties. The title explains it all and the writers force old lady jokes and a subplot of romance based on a lie. It's not a horrible movie it just would've been better had more substance been added to the overall story.
July 27, 2016
Completely unbelievable plot, as no one in their right mind would hire (and keep) an unqualified 16 year old kid in an executive position at McDonald's, let alone a prestigious advertising firm. She'd get busted on the first day.
½ July 26, 2016
Applegate is deliciously charming in this black comedy.
½ June 25, 2016
hadn't seen this in a while. Still very entertaining. The cast grows on you quickly.
½ March 31, 2016
Funny and with a passable narrative, Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead is sporadic with laughs and benefits from an enjoyable lead by Christina Applegate.
March 28, 2016
All time favourite I have watched many, many times over the years and never tire of.
Yes, it's far fetched, but it's funny and quite sweet.
I love the clothes too and the make up. I also worked in an office around this era and I could only dream of being as glamorous as Christina! (Yuck to the smoking though).
Some good characters you can love to hate and some relatable situations among the far fetched stuff.
½ December 7, 2015
A mediocre comedy. It's nowhere near laugh out loud funny, but good enough that you'll probably be able to sit through it.
November 1, 2015
I can watch this movie again and again. It is preposterous yet so well done. Christina Applegate and Joanna Cassidy together are just fantastic.
August 31, 2015
Classic...must see with your kids mine loved it as I did when I was their age
August 16, 2015
If you have not seen this movie, then do so now! This is one of my favorite movies, it starts off with ungrateful, terrible, lazy children that take advantage of their Mom. Mom decides she is going on vacation, so they all mostly being teenagers are upset that she hires a babysitter. Well babysitter dies and that is where the story really begins.
½ July 26, 2015
Classic early 90s teens film and just perfect
June 7, 2015
Directed by same guy who directed bill and teds excellent adventure. Don't tell mom the babysitters dead is a classic. good lessons, and funny moments. "I'm right on top of that rose"
April 14, 2015
Coogan in this film was actually hilarious and at times saved the film from being a "one star". Applegate's acting is just, not too convincing ever. Never has. But there were some fun moments at times and humorous antidotes.
½ April 1, 2015
They should have told mom the babysitter was dead and gone to sleep like the viewer.
March 19, 2015
This movie is my childhood, too. It played on HBO constantly and I watched it every time. I love this movie. Holds fond/dear memories for me.
August 27, 2014
This movie is a 90's classic. Kind of cheesy. I do like the guest appearance of David Duchovny (The X-Files).
August 18, 2014
When I was younger I didn't really care it looked like made for cable crap. Mostly I thought the oldest son was a cutie. Now I see just how bad it is, but it's also quite funny.