Eat Pray Love - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Eat Pray Love Reviews

September 25, 2016
A Person Of Privilege Visits The Less Than Privileged With Her Monetary Wealth To Find Happiness From Within, Learning From Those With Nothing. Some People Climb Mountains, Others Island-Hop Around Tropical Paradises..It's Not An Unfamiliar Story, What Is Most Annoying Is The Way Julia Narrates Her Sentimental Thoughts Like Bashing You Over The Head With Her Reasons For Change, Like This Hasn't Been Done Before?? We All Go On Some Form Of Life-Enriching Journey In Our Time On This Planet, And If You Don't, Well..You're Wasting An Opportunity For Growth. Unfortunately This Rattles The Changes Off Like Some Sort Of "To-Do" List As If The Mills-&-Boon Idealism Will Set You Free. What Does Set You Free Is Letting Go Of A Need To Change & Just Being Whom You Are In That Moment. Age, Stage & Development, At Whatever Pace It Comes. So Be It. The Moral Of This Story A Little Missing In Among All The Picturesque Camera Work & Musical Montages. It'll Give You A Fuzzy Feeling, So Tick That Box I Guess.
August 10, 2016
This movie is horrible. It's not even worth describing how it's sp bad.
½ June 28, 2016
Entertaining. Great message.
May 30, 2016
Boring long drawn out jibberish.
½ May 25, 2016
Julia Roberts is relatable and likeable in this movie, but every other character -including those played by James Franco and Javier Bardem- are one-dimensional and underdeveloped. There were moments that I found genuinely moving, but the ending left me cold (*spoilers)- the answer to the protagonist's long journey to find and accept herself is simply that she must learn to love a man again. The speech that Bardem's character makes to her is condescending to the point of being creepy - he belittles her newfound love of meditation and her closeness with a local medicine man, and tells her that if she walks away from him then she is running from "all the good possibilities in her life". The film ends on the message that he was right, so she goes back to him to enjoy those possibilities together. A strangely clich├ęd, misogynistic conclusion to the story.
½ May 12, 2016
I don't know why the hell I watched this. No excuse, really. Staggeringly condescending, and, simply, just annoying all round. I felt so sorry for Julia Roberts - I loved her as the happy-go-lucky hooker in Pretty Woman, but absolutely loathed her as the successful modern woman in this. Talk about #firstworldproblems
½ April 14, 2016
According to this very modest movie, people in Italy spend all their time eating, and sucking their teeth just after that ...
I have no idea of what happens next, because I left the vision for something more appealing.
Unpleasant and irritating.
½ March 15, 2016
Based on the trailer and general plot.
½ March 14, 2016
The Italian bit was so far from reality that gave me the creeps. What you see is the idea Americans have of the Italian lifestyle (and possible of the Indian's too).
February 27, 2016
A good, really enjoyable film that I've wanted to see for a while. My favourite part of the film, was the Italian section; it left me craving a pasta based dinner!! Would definitely recommend this film to friends
½ February 7, 2016
This movie felt a little long, but overall it wasn't too bad. Sometimes it felt boring, but I did like Liz's character and to watch her journey. I thought it had a good ending too.
January 31, 2016
Something of an epic in the 'rediscovering oneself' genre. The locations are good, but it's far too long for this often self-indulgent drama.
½ January 29, 2016
why focusing on building a relationship is important than fixing anything else that startles our mind. So much misery, we focus solely on the relationship, capsulizing it's beginning to end to be perfect, transferable to the next and something we can return to that reminds us of that special moment. Taking the first step to be seen from the other person's perspective. Not seeing what others see. not doing what others do. Some misery we create, must destroy then rebuild for our selfish needs to correct our mistake.
In the end we take what we say we like, but can do without and move on. Building on the marvels, having family that holds the structure, cleaning what is important.
We see why we adore the cultural ways, we get our juices going and we get the hang of it, just jumping in the arms of it.
sweetness of doing nothing, pleasures, the right way of doing things.
searching for a word.... we take the good and bad.
what we lack we find elsewhere in selfless work. from what we enjoy and used to, we must get rid of. empowering our mind. removing obstacles. some obstacles we can get rid of and live with good or bad.
January 27, 2016
Either Elizabeth Gilbert didn't actually go to Italy/Bali/India or she's been a little 'creative' with the truth. It's fair to say she's not exactly your archetype backpacker. She probably did go to these countries but had a crap time so made up the rest, she obviously as rich as she is vacuous, egotistical and thoroughly unlikable - Julia Roberts being well cast then! Boring, stupid, horrible. Who is this crap for, bored housewives? Do me a favour, intelligent thinking my arse!
January 3, 2016
A travel log and self help book mishmash-ed into a movie with a relatively weak plot and characters outside from the general idea of a movie where someone who is unsatisfied with the routine of what should be a happy life and decides to do something about it and change her life. I got a real travel bug from this movie, so that was well done.
January 1, 2016
I read the book then I watched the movie and the movie was good but perhaps the book was better
October 27, 2015
Gotta love Andy ...he always seems to put on the right movies for me to watch when I come in ...this one I needed to watch again
½ September 23, 2015
Sunday movie on the couch !!
September 19, 2015
love love love this movie