Family Weekend Reviews

• Feb 04, 2018

Time for parents to learn some lessons! First thing, it was not your a typical film. Though it lacked the proper story structure. The concept seems silly. Like only for cinematically happenable. Since it is not about so serious, they had to cover all scenes, events within its classification, which were not bad actually. But the thing is, it is an R film with the majority of the cast was children. In reality, most of them were in their 20s, but the story wise, they are teens. A teenager decides to take hostage of her parents to teach them some lesson for not attending her sporting competition. Her siblings join, and a couple of outsiders too. It was not a well planned event of the weekend, so some unexpected turn takes. But how it all ends, the consequence of such undertaking, all told is the final quarters. A unique and an entertaining film. Despite lots of fun, there are some serious side too. Like awareness about the family unity. Being there for one another in all circumstances. Some viewers might get emotional too. In one of the scenes with a knife in the mouth, I scared that something bad could happen. Olesya Rulin was good. I hope she does more films in the lead. The film was four years old, so Joey was younger than her recent films I've seen. She's one of the next big star. Watch it if you are bored of regular comedies, yet still it is just an above average. 6.5/10

• Jan 01, 2018

I highly Praise Rulin's physchotic cut-n-clean Performance in this dysfunctional comedy, but it feels like something is missing

• Dec 30, 2016

It's good movie to watch

It's good movie to watch

• Jan 20, 2016

Jump-rope + dysfunctional + hostages = a rare gem

Jump-rope + dysfunctional + hostages = a rare gem

• Jul 27, 2015

Twisted with a heartwarming ending. A reminder for parents to actually parent their children.

• Jun 07, 2015

Denne var både og og da havnet den på midten.

Denne var både og og da havnet den på midten.

• Feb 16, 2015

heartwarming and funny. don't know why such low reviews. i love quirky characters.

• Feb 01, 2015

Una idea interesante pero le falta más gracia. Algunas imagenes son realmente guapas.

• Jan 02, 2015

the best family movie so we can remenber what is family all about it

the best family movie so we can remenber what is family all about it

• Oct 28, 2014

Original, well acted and well constructed story, Family Weekend bring to us a movie that people who like dramas will enjoy with a not very good argument but with an organized screenplay.