Fighting Tommy Riley Reviews

• Jun 27, 2013

The biggest flaw with 'Fighting Tommy Riley,' is that it's lead actor (Davis) just simply couldn't match his supporting actors (Jones) performance. Bad actors in fight films certainly isn't a new thing, but when you throw in serious subject matter, as well, you really should have an actor who is capable of at the very least , being able to hold his own. J.P. Davis is simply awful, and if he had landed the part in a 'Lionheart' remake, maybe we wouldn't have noticed.

• May 27, 2011

Woah ... That was unexpected ...

Woah ... That was unexpected ...

• Dec 23, 2009

Compelling film! I thought that J.P. Davis was very convincing. Eddie Jones was fantastic as usual. I thought that this film has some classic line, however I didn't really feel the chemistry between Jones and Davis which in turn made the the parts of the film seem fictious. But other than that this was a good film.

• Mar 11, 2009

Its a really well acted indy. Under the radar stuff. If your channel surfing and see it give it a try.

• Nov 01, 2008

I am not particularly a fan of boxing movies but I liked this one. Most movies only have one hero but this one has two. The fallen hero, the trainer, and the anti-hero, the boxer. It's not the action in the ring that will keep you entertained but the interaction between the two characters.

• Apr 27, 2008

Cinematography is great, I'd like to see a little bit more boxing in my boxing movies though.

• Feb 03, 2008

Boksefilm, uten noe serlig boksing. Men handler om kampen mot hans egne demoner og ikke minst hans treners demoner. Isje någe å skrive hjemm om

• Dec 08, 2007

This is a good, compelling movie. J.P. Davis is a great newcomer, and Eddie Jones is a bit over-the-top but perfect most of the time. And even though the dialogue feels like they've been cut and paste from a book of lines, the characters have great heart and soul, so in the end, you really do care for them.

• Aug 21, 2007

Great movie! Very moving. Both characters seemed realistic in their reactions to each other. Loved the underlying tension.

• Aug 03, 2007

Well done.. I had watched about 15 minutes of the movie before on Logo.. and finally decided to rent it to see the end.. I'm not impressed by the way they handled the gay character, but.. oh well.. the movie was far more about Tommy anyway.. and his character was human.. made some mistakes.. realized when he did it and tried to make up for it.. Well acted, mostly well written.. and for those willing to watch it all the way through.. a great story.