For Queen and Country Reviews

• Sep 16, 2017

I never thought I would say this I didn't think it possible, Denzel has a duff movie. Unfortunately despite a potentially good story line/plot with a worthy subject matter, it just doesn't work. I was confused right from the beginning and I think Denzel was too ! The accent is totally distracting and cringe, he tried so hard but no ( needed more coaching in how to sound like a real black man from london) and I think his acting struggles as a result he just looked and sounded uncomfortable and awkward. And yes it was a slow, bit boring film, and a bit low budget too lol, well looks like Denzel stayed in his lane from then on at least accent wise.

• Jun 21, 2017

Though this crime drama film has many flaws (Washington's laughable accent, plodding narrative, poor production in areas and some bad acting from the supporting cast) it does nonetheless hit quite hard with the themes it tackles and the era upon which it is set. There is also some decent action and despite the shoddy accent Washington is likable enough as a lead and you can wholly sympathise with his character and what he faces.

• Dec 13, 2013

This is quite a pointless movie. The idea is OK, but it just doesn't go anywhere. Denzel Washington is completely wrong for the lead role, and the other main characters are simply one-dimensional stereotypes.

• May 21, 2013

Very boring and slow moving, but the subject matter is interesting, it just lost something from the idea to it's translation to the screen. the biggest mistake was the horrendous miscasting of Denzel Washington. This role is WAY over his head and is awful. His accent keeps changing, he overacts as always and his presence nearly kills the film.

• May 21, 2013

A horribly miss-cast Washington struggles with the plot as well as his English accent. Some early action seems vaguely promising but is soon peters out and leaves you wondering what exactly was the point or attraction to making this movie.

• May 21, 2013

Not much of a plot to this one, minimal character development, and seems very low budget. I only rated it as high as I did because Denzel's in it.

• May 21, 2013

I've seen Zel do thugs, I've seen him do cops, I've seen him do uneducated, I've seen him do educated, I've seen him be sensitive, I've seen him be cruel, but I never thought I would see him do British. For Queen and Country is Zel sporting a Cockney British Accent as a Paratrooper veteran returned to England only to find out he is no longer considered a British citizen. The story never really makes a point (other than guns are bad) and even though Denzel does ok with his role the movie really has nothing going for it. The only reason to watch this would be to hear and see Denzle pull of one of the oddest acting jobs of his career.

• May 21, 2013

Zel sporting a Cockney accent..as much as I wanted to like it I didn't.

Zel sporting a Cockney accent..as much as I wanted to like it I didn't.

• May 21, 2013

Very well written and Denzel gives a great performance.

Very well written and Denzel gives a great performance.

• Feb 07, 2012

Watched this to see if there was a movie I wouldn't like Denzel Washington's acting in. Turns out there is. Boring and annoyingly bad accent makes this movie really hard to watch. Can't recommend it