Force of Nature: The David Suzuki Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Force of Nature: The David Suzuki Movie Reviews

½ August 19, 2013
A beautiful person, so much to learn from his example. Fantastic documentary that shows you how a different point of view is often a way to see the real nature of the world. Waiting for the world to awake and be aware
½ August 19, 2013
½ April 28, 2013
A superb reminder of just how intimately linked to nature we truly are and how easy it is to forget the symbiotic relationship we share with all of life on this rock. And how life, air, water, earth, wind, conservation, biodiversity, and a balanced approach to living must come first. After all, the economy comes from the biosphere, not the other way around. You have to be blind not to see the love this man is, and has for nature, and for his family. And how they are one and the same to him. This is one of those few shows I have added to my "must see yearly" list. Enjoy!
April 29, 2012
I would have not seen this if it was not a Starbuck's free rental but so glad I did. It was very well done.
November 7, 2011
Interesting, but it won't leave the impact that seeing Suzuki's penis did ...("Nature of Things" episode about male genitalia, years ago.)
½ September 7, 2011
a biographical look at a canadian icon, and peppered with his environmentalist perspective in lecture form.
July 23, 2011
Said Suzuki: "You got what you wanted, Cohaagen. Now give these people air!"
½ April 3, 2011
This documentary did a very good job of interspersing an environmental lecture given by Suzuki, with a heartfelt look at the man's life.
½ March 29, 2011
Some parts were a little slow, but i enjoyed this a lot. Suzuki is such a great speaker.
½ February 27, 2011
a little slow at first. The videography is a little rough. But all around, very inspiring and motivational and touching. A great film to watch with family and friends!
January 14, 2011
More about David himself than about than about climate change. This doc attempts to show the man behind the politics.
October 29, 2010
This was a really great film that incorporated a lecture that David Suzuki gave while also telling the story of this life. It's a touching story that leaves you with a lot of good things to think about.
October 7, 2010
I went into the film expecting a preachy enviro doc (ala Inconvenient Truth.) What I got was something much different. It took me a while to digest what I saw, but what struck home with me was that this was less a film about the environment (although those notions come through loud and clear) and more a manual on how to be a human being. The patriarchal themes hit especially close to the nerve and I think audience members would have to be hard hearted not to see the relevance of what it means to be a father, a son or grandfather in their own lives. It also bullseyed the foolishness of placing value on things that have no value and ignoring the worth of things that truly bring us wealth. Like every great person, Dr, Suzuki is fallible by societal standards, but the film shows us that fallibility can teach us great wisdom if we just open our eyes to it. It's a much deeper portrayal of Suzuki than we have ever seen and it is in those moments of quiet reflection, when Suzuki thinks about the questions he has just answered, that we begin to get insight into what makes the man tick.
½ October 3, 2010
Saw at CIFF. It's more interesting to get to know the man better, rather than any lecture he gives. Happy retirement Dr. Suzuki.
½ September 30, 2010
A beautiful doc on the life of Canada's most illustrious environmentalist. The humanity of Suzuki emerges from visits to key places from key moments if his life. Missing however is the tale of Suzuki's marital difficulties possibly to secure his participation. The omission is a cloud over an otherwise worthwhile effort.
½ September 13, 2010
David Suzuki is an incredible man - one of the most beloved Canadians. Any story about him and his passion for the environment and the associated science would always be fascinating. I grew up watching The Nature of Things. That said, this fast 90 minute documentary is thoroughly interesting, yet a mere 90 minutes just skims the surface of this man. Definitely worth seeing, but I felt I needed more.