Friday the 13th - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Friday the 13th Reviews

January 12, 2018
Pretty fun if you ask me
½ January 8, 2018
A smart and tense 'who-done-it' thriller, with an enjoyable series of twists.
½ January 1, 2018
(First and only viewing - 11/9/2011)
December 31, 2017
A good slasher flick with the killer only shown from the first person until the end.
December 20, 2017
A really great start to a great Horror franchise. The twist is fantastic!!!!!!!
½ November 24, 2017
Decent killings, generic characters, good background music, unexpected end, but plot and pretty stupid decisions, even so I love this movie no matter that Jason is not the main killer.
November 10, 2017
in my opinion this is the best in the series! the characters are likable and the story is just a big classic horror cliche! a bunch of teenagers goes to a place were they get murdered one by one. the special effects are amazing!
The final chase scene is amazing! and its even scary at times! this is a good example of a really good slasher film!
½ November 6, 2017
This movie is fun but it has some moments that are so bad they're good.
November 3, 2017
I don't know why the old Friday the 13th movies don't have good reviews. Their very entertaining and relevant to people's family members who saw them in the 80s my Uncle watched them. They are very good movies. This the first one where Jason is the killer he comes back kills the girl who killed his mom at the beginning. He begins his murders at Camp Crystal Lake. I've seen reruns of the Friday the 13th movies because I wasn't alive when they first came out but they're very entertaining and very good and deserve better reviews.
October 31, 2017
Most horror franchises start out with a good movie and then go downhill. The Friday the 13th films start out horribly and work their way up to occasional mediocrity. That being said, the gruesome kills are still wildly entertaining.
October 23, 2017
Awful 'horror movie that ticks all the boxes of a typical U.S. slasher horror film.
1) A wooden cabin in some woods. In this case Camp Lake Crystal. Reminded me of The Evil Dead.
2) A brat-pack cast of American teenagers engaging in fornication and games of strip Monopoly.
The cast includes a youthful Kevin Bacon.
3) Awful music to try and build up the tension reminiscent of but not good as the Halloween music.
4) Some novel/gory death sequences involving several body limbs and beheadings etc.
A quick watch but quite dreary to the more experienced Horrorphile.
Some of the gory deaths provided a few seconds of viewing pleasure but for the most part I wanted the film to end.
To think several sequels were spawned!
October 22, 2017
Very dull and boring, bad characters and bad acting. If it wasn't for the twist it'd be a complete dud.
½ October 20, 2017
Definitely disappointed by this one. Definitely suspenseful but I didn't get scared at all. It definitely has a lot of cheesy moments, but the jumpscare at the end was pretty good.
½ October 20, 2017
Friday the 13th: Friday The 13th packs a simple story with plenty of thrills. While a cheesy horror flick Friday the 13th is a true horror classic.
October 19, 2017
Not my favorite ever, but I still enjoyed it.
October 19, 2017
It started out as an idea and paved the way for what it had become in the 80s. Scary for its time with no effect for future generations.
October 17, 2017
Friday the 13th is light on scares and thrills and doesn't offer anything new. It's just a very bland horror movie.
October 16, 2017
This is a classic slasher film and justly so. At times truly scary, at other times both intentionally and unintentionally funny, and with a twist ending or two that are both weird and Freudian. The cabin in the woods setting of horror and gore created a template which would forever alter how we see the soul-reviving rural retreat of the woods.
½ October 13, 2017
Campy fun (in fact, the term camp to refer to cheesiness might have even stemmed from this movie) and a wonderful introduction to the Friday the 13th series. [1980 spoiler] There really is no Jason yet in the original film, save for a mere 5 seconds or less, and thus the killer was a bit too unseen for viewers, so I knock it down a bit. The gore is quite tame, in fact, but fun (lol, haha Kevin Bacon). But it's the start to one of the greatest super-villains in cinematic history. BTW, it's actually a role-reversal film to Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho (mom and son switching places); I never thought of that until seeing it tonight. Even the musical composition reminds me of Psycho.
October 13, 2017
10/13/2017: Not good. I didn?t find it entertaining or scary at all.