Friends With Benefits Reviews

• 12h ago

it's ok, you can spend time watching

it's ok, you can spend time watching

• Mar 19, 2020

A predicatable but entertaining romcom but an extra star as Kunis and Timberlake are both very appealing individually and great together.

• Feb 21, 2020

I was honestly surprised by this movie. I thought it was going to be cheesy with terrible dialogue. You know, a basic RomCom. It IS a RomCom so if you're surprised by the formula I don't know what to tell you. But watching this 10 years after it came out, it holds up in today's discerning market. It's actually funny and I had a good time watching this. There aren't any toxic tropes and you know the backstory behind each of the leads (even if there is more focus on Timberlake's character). They have their issues, and they don't hide them, but this was quite refreshing. The only problem I have is with Woody Harrelson's character. The acting is a bit forced which is weird to say about such a prolific actor.

• Dec 18, 2019

It's a fun little movie with some comedic moments.

It's a fun little movie with some comedic moments.

• Nov 03, 2019

Plot is obviously predictable but it's still enjoyable and passes time quite quickly.

• Nov 01, 2019

as an asian brought up with clear cut dating ideas - you're either in a relationship or pure platonic friends with no physical contact - my experiences living in the west, being friends with western people, and being romantically and sexually involved with westerners have been mind-blowing. i definitely don't understand everything behind this whole dating game (well probably nobody really does although everybody's doing it), but seems that for the crazily different dating cultures, they reflect a unified theme that feelings are extremely fluid and uncontrollable and they are highly related to physical contact no matter how hard people try to separate them (which is why this heavily controlled friends with benefits situation is very hard to keep without constantly being weird, as expressed in this movie and many others), having feelings for others while not being sure if the other could reciprocate is something that takes a lot of courage and something people try hard to avoid because it makes them very vulnerable, and while, having feelings and wanting to have sex with someone could mean just with one person or with multiple people but this also constantly changes with the interactions, and yet humans want a promise to feel safe and stable while everything changes inevitably, and feelings are among the things that changes the fastest and in the most unpredictable ways. the debate continues of course, on how separate can sex and romantic feelings be, on how different is friendship and romance, on when should this exclusive commitment be placed or should it be placed at all or should the commitment directly mean exclusivity or not. we might never know the answers, dating is going to continue to be extremely confusing, but this gives us topics for new movies and new inspirations, it gives us exciting rollercoaster rides back and forth between hell and heaven - and in the end, the process of being involved with other people in life, is just its exact meaning by itself.

• Sep 30, 2019

Very cute and gives you a good laugh. Acting was good and the story line was simple yet enjoyable. If you are looking for a lighthearted movie about confusing emotions this is a good choice

• Aug 20, 2019

Is it weird that I think Richard Jenkins gives my favorite performance in this romantic comedy. This movie has some charm to it that is ok with me.

• Jun 20, 2019

A movie that is so predictable at the very beginning quickly becomes uninteresting. the 2 stars are for timberlake and kunis's great chemistry on screen. they saved the movie from becoming a complete disaster.

• May 19, 2019

A horribly contrived script nearly manages to totally undermine a fast paced, fun little romantic comedy with a great lead cast and some genuinely *very* funny line readings. The plot beats that clearly must be hit are so forced, from the Dad with his ridiculous, how is he operating outside of a hospice level of dementia, or Mila Kunis surreptitiously overhearing a comically cutting remark from Justin Timberlake as if this is a Laurel and Hardy film.