From the Land of the Moon (Mal de pierres) Reviews

• Sep 21, 2018

The drama & romance film potrays Gabrielle who is not in the best stable condition. I wish that the end was different but it is what it is. As always i admired Marion Cotillard's acting.

• Sep 07, 2018

guilty of loving this film... and all the characters therein. ah !... and what a twist in the finale. captured from start to finish. dare i say it... i could watch it again. Typical French movie.

• Mar 17, 2018

This film is a brilliant exploration of the fragility of the human mind and the redemptive power of patient love. Based on the negative reviews here, it appears that many have experienced it on a very superficial level (i.e., the sex is not the focus despite its explicit portrayal). Those who take issue with the plot twist at the end must believe that intense self-delusion is not possible. This will come as quite a shock to those who have spent their lives studying multiple personality disorder.

• Mar 12, 2018

marion give beautiful performance,and movie is beautiful

marion give beautiful performance,and movie is beautiful

• Feb 03, 2018

I actually love this film very much, the ending is quite shocking, but also make it real and great. The power of imagination and conflict to reality, I think only women can really understanding it.... Great performance by Marion and Beautiful music "June"

• Dec 03, 2017

Exquisite. Absolutely loved every minute.

Exquisite. Absolutely loved every minute.

• Nov 27, 2017

When I saw the critics gave the movie a 32, I thought, typical critics, looking at their watches and not willing to use their brains to put the whole story together. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a unique romance.

• Oct 07, 2017

Marion Cotillard is great, but the story is terrible for the clichéd mental struggle.

• Aug 29, 2017

If you can hang in for the character development (and the vesting is what makes the movie pay), then you are in for great film experience.

• Aug 11, 2017

Sadly what can you do when an Oscar winning, deservedly, actress works with a screenplay, actors, a director and even a music score that works against her? "From the Land of the Moon" as a title makes even less sense than the movie, which took 2 screenwriters to adapt from a novel. Marion Cotillard can either be crazy or a nymphomaniac or a crazy nymphomaniac or neither but it really doesn't make a difference. She marries a man she tells she won't have sex with and either has an affair with a gravely ill or doesn't with the bottom line meaning nothing when the 'great' reveal comes at the end. Marion Cotillard is always a joy to watch and if the 2-hour film had just eliminated everything, every character and just showed her it would have been worth seeing but no way can I recommend this film!