Funeral in Berlin Reviews

• Jun 19, 2018

Another fun entry in the Harry Palmer spy series. Twists, turns, intrigue and Michael Cane - what more could you want?

• May 26, 2018

A bit more muddled than Ipcress, or maybe that's just my way of saying I was distracted while watching this, and didn't always follow what was happening. I'm still very attracted to English movies of this period, and this one was perfectly diverting. Eva Renzi was absolutely stunning as well - first film of hers I've seen.

• Mar 08, 2017

The Ipcress File is one of my favourite films, so I had to naturally check out the sequels. Funeral in Berlin is a bleaker and simple spy thriller in which Harry Palmer must go to Berlin and get out a defecting Russian Colonel, along with some twists and other groups involved. Michael Caine is solid in the film, but its a very low key thriller that doesn't seem to play up the thrills when it can.

• Nov 25, 2016

Could have been worse.

Could have been worse.

• Nov 04, 2016

There is something about watching a cold war spy movie made at the time. The story is as implausible as a modern treatment but the little details are just so right. Michael Caine is top draw as Harry Palmer, Oscar Homolka is a very Kruschev-like Colonel Stok, and there is some eecellent location photography. I may be a minority of one but thought this movie was better than its predecessors.

• Dec 02, 2015

the second of 3 harry palmer spy films

the second of 3 harry palmer spy films

• Nov 03, 2015

"Funeral In Berlin" es la segunda película protagonizada por Michael Caine, en la que interpreta al agente secreto Harry Palmer ("The Icpress File" fue la primera). Aquí, Palmer debe ayudar a un oficial ruso para que cruce la cortina de hierro en Berlin. Muchas conspiraciones, traiciones, juegos sucios y engaños hacen de "Funeral In Berlin" una película que fascinará a todos los amantes de las películas de espías.

• Mar 10, 2015

Solid spy thriller as Caine is tasked to help a top soviet to defect.

Solid spy thriller as Caine is tasked to help a top soviet to defect.

• Mar 06, 2015

In his second outing as spy Harry Palmer, Michael Caine isn't quite as cocky or fun. Instead, the intelligence business seems to have ground him down a bit. To help a Russian Colonel who wishes to defect from the East, Palmer is sent to Berlin and famous Checkpoint Charlie. Of course, things are not exactly what they seem and Palmer is not quite sure who is working for whom or even who is who. Things do get a bit confusing and if you attempt to figure out the why's and wherefore's after all is said and done, you might have trouble connecting the dots (maybe Len Deighton's novel is clearer). Nevertheless, it feels plausible while it's happening and serves as a passable time-waster. Goldfinger's Guy Hamilton directed.

• Jan 13, 2015