Get Out - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Get Out Reviews

½ November 18, 2018
Insipid, predictable, deceiving, nothing close to the complexity I imagined reading all the positive reviews. Very mediocre 'horror' movie too, by the way.
½ November 18, 2018
Get Out is a thoroughly entertaining and original horror/comedy/thriller. This is probably the closest anyone has come to replicating the feel of the original Ghostbusters movie. The offbeat premise could work for a horror or a comedy. While it provides laughs, it takes the situation seriously (unlike the new Ghostbusters, which had no laughs and treated the ghosts like a joke). It builds suspense, and uses comedy to dispel the tension. I wish more movies would aim to be this original.
November 17, 2018
Overrated nonsense. Nothing like the monkey-see monkey-do critics would have you believe. If the film were panned, you would not question why. Yet, just because a wave of critics say something is good, there follows another wave saying the same. No one thinks for themselves anymore. How this film won ANYTHING is a shock to me. It shouldn't even have been nominated. Best screenplay? Ridiculous.

Daniel Kalyuua uses FAKE TEARS. Watch his normally white eyes turn red whenever the tears flow down. It's all fake. And yet he got best actor noms during award season. These were FAKE TEARS, people.

Ridiculous IMPLAUSIBLE story. How did anyone buy into this? There is NO commentary on racism either, like they claim. White people who want to "live" in black bodies. How is that racist or anything else "reflective of our society?" All total bs. Don't waste your time with this. It's just a better than average HORROR FILM. That's it, nothing more.
½ November 17, 2018
Great movie, to much racism. Why they only kill black guys?
November 15, 2018
Great movie
Nuff said.
½ November 15, 2018
a load of black-racist, PC garbage
November 12, 2018
Had it not been for Get Out's racial commentary and Kaluuya's masterful headlining role, this film would never have earned a second star from me. It is unfortunately run-of-the-mill suspense, complete with a sloppy cast, hackneyed cinematography, and a series of deus ex machinas. Though I commend Peele for transcending the comedic sphere and founding a marriage between horror and racial politics, I am left completely unmoved by his execution.
November 10, 2018
This is everything what a horror movie should be. A film with dark humor, racial undertones and a unexpected plot twist. It will keep you on the edge of your seat the entire film, impressive debut from Jordan Peele.
November 8, 2018
While it lacks some genuine scares, "Get Out" makes up for it in great acting, writing, and even comedy. The film delivers a thought-provoking message that adds to the overall effectiveness of the film. "Get Out" is well worth a watch.
½ November 7, 2018
I enjoyed this movie, however it is not a comedy. If it has appeared at the top of your search for the best comedy movies and you want a good laugh, this is not the move for you, learn from my experience.
November 5, 2018
Wow, I am unsure why it is so politically incorrect to say this movie was terrible, but it was just that. It is not even a horror movie.

If you cannot predict the movie halfway through, well, something is wrong with your ability to follow. Never mind the "white people are evil" theme that we see every year....that much Hollywood cannot get enough of here.

I wanted to GET OUT of the theater it was that bad. Please let me know where it was scary, I must have missed that 2 seconds when I bent over for my soda. The female actress was good in keeping it mildly believable, but once the backyard scene began, well, it was obvious what was going on....but WHERE WAS THE SCARE?

Wow, this was just plain horrific imo. If I could give it 1/4 of 1/4 stars I would do so. It was a cheap movie too, with unknown actors and a plot that is played out.....
November 4, 2018
Absolutely outstanding work, the best film of all time!
November 4, 2018
Get Out is not entertaining nor funny in the least...have not talked to anyone that has liked it so questioning how it got a 98% rating! I would rate as 1 Star out of 5...Don't waste your money on this dud!
November 3, 2018
Clever film and great entertainment!!
November 2, 2018
looks like race-baiting bullshit. cause that's what we need in America right now, more division.
½ November 1, 2018
A thrilling, thought-provoking, and unique twist on the horror genre with a clever screenplay and good social commentary.
October 31, 2018
I found this film to have a pretty one-sided perspective. We never see the true motives of all the characters. Why are these people doing these terrible things? Just because they are evil and racist? As a man of European descent, this seems pretty one-note to me. I want my villains to be complex and my stories to be morally great. You see, I'm a real film guy. I aced my degree at the New York Film Academy with flying colours. Maybe Jordan Peele should go back to school and do the same.
October 30, 2018
I'm not feeling terribly creative, so I'll just echo others here - the creepiness of Rosemary's Baby, crossed with The Stepford Wives. Loved it. Bradley Whitford must continue appearing in genre-busting horror, like this and Cabin in the Woods.
There are no wrong notes in this incredibly thought provoking film, on the subject of race. Once you understand what is really going on, so much of the weird dialogue makes sense in an instant, or later as you recall it, and you might want to see it again to make sure you caught it all.
October 29, 2018
Holy jeezums, Get Out is fantastic! I was expecting to like it and get a fun horror movie, but I wasn't expecting a horror movie on par with The Shining.

Its themes on racism are good, but I find that the themes of morality and immortality even more fascinating.

What the villain(s) do is undeniably ungodly, but is it even racist? I won't go into spoilers, but this movie raises a lot of interesting questions. Can something be racist and not racist at the same time?

What the villain(s) do of course is horrible, but their reasoning, though still morally wrong, can be interpreted as both racist and not racist at the same time! You can argue that them going after black people specifically is racist, but another person can argue that it's in a weird way, admiring black people... just in the most evil way possible.

Get Out messes with my head, and it is very very clever with how everything is set up and resolved.

10/10
October 29, 2018
So well written and directed that it's constant subversion of expectations never tires, while also serving the story and cultivating audience understanding.