Giallo Reviews

• Dec 20, 2017

Dario Argento practically invented this genre (Giallo) but it might be time for him to retire.

• Dec 04, 2016

Some bloody parts ...a Yellow Serialkiller only killing good looking girls and enough suspence ! SOMDVD

• Aug 31, 2016

Argento's "Giallo" isn't scraping the bottom of the director's film barrel ( Argento's Dracula takes that honor), but it's pretty close. The acting is mediocre at best, the cinematography is bland, and the film is just straight up boring. What saves the film from being a complete dud is Argento's trademark gore making a true return for the first time in a long time. Overall Giallo is a mess of a film that's best left for Argento completionists.

• Feb 22, 2016

Another movie that makes us shake our heads and give up hope for an eventual resurrection of Argento's long-gone moviemaking talent.

• Aug 26, 2015

I wanted to like this so much but sadly, while it's a decent film which looks as good as Argento always does, there are some major flaws. It lacks what I consider to be several key features of Giallo films: a terrifying killer (this one is just silly); a charming heroine/hero; black humour; and a shock twist or ending. Adrien Brody is a good actor but he plays his cop-with-issues too heavy-handedly, whilst Emmanuelle Seigner is an annoying, rather horrible female lead, completely without the vulnerability or spunk a Giallo heroine requires. It was also a huge mistake to have the killer portrayed by Brody too, as even under the heavy prosthetics, it is clearly him, which merely serves as a distraction. Not terrible but far from one of Argento's classics.

• Aug 20, 2015

This was a film that I had always thought somehow couldn't be as bad as all the various reviews portrayed it to be, but holy shit, it was JUST AS BAD as they said and I'm sorry for doubting you, Internet culture. Just awful, I'd say avoid it.

• Mar 19, 2015

What a shame to see Emmanuelle Seigner like this...

What a shame to see Emmanuelle Seigner like this...

• Oct 10, 2014

I love Argentos film but now it seems like he wants to make terrible films i`m pretty sure Brodys character does no police work that actually helps him track down the killer he is truly useless and just happens to be in the right place when the killer shows up.

• Jul 03, 2013

This one is piling on the stereotypes so thickly that the movie is starting to be funny -- but I would still not recommend it.

• Jun 30, 2013

Finally saw Dario Argento's GIALLO. Starring and Produced by Adrien Brody, it's amazing that Argento's standing has fallen so low in the US that even with a recent Oscar winner as star and producer, he can't get a film distributed theatrically in the US. I don't think Argento has made an interesting film since THE STENDHAL SYNDROME but I'm amazed by how much he has dropped all the stylization that makes Argento, Argento. GIALLO is a totally by the book serial killer film. Delete a bit of the violence, and you have a week episode of SVU. The film is that pedestrian. The film isn't dreadful, just flat. I miss the old wigged out Argento and fabulous operatic style. Speaking of which my favorite of his is OPERA. Sublime.